Adjust size, speed, and other minifig/creature characteristics...

Gmr_Leon

Through the Chars > Templatecharacters folder. Some of these aren't useful at the moment (e.g. minidoll, biggerfig), but minifig template and creature template should be ripe for adjusting. So far, I've found what I mentioned in the title which is pretty straightforward in the files, but another fun one I found is that you can adjust is air_gravity.

Setting Air_Gravity to 0 is a nogo. The game really doesn't seem to like it, as it makes it so you can only sort of tiptoe around. However, halving it from the default (-6.25) and keeping jump_speed at its default (2.375) creates a really cool low gravity kind of effect since it's reading higher negative values (somehow intertwined with jump_speed) as quicker falls, with lower values as slower falls.

First, go to CHARS/TEMPLATECHARACTERS, and open up MINIFGTEMPLATE_STANDARD.txt

From there, you should see something like this:

tiptoe_speed=0.2533 	// Tiptoe speed in game units (Maya units/10)
walk_speed=0.5			// Walk speed in game units (Maya units/10)
run_speed=1.2			// Run speed in game units (Maya units/10)
sprint_speed=2.385

jump_speed=2.375		// Jump speed, works with Air Gravity to define total jump range
air_gravity=-6.25 		// Gravity in air, works with Jump Speed to define total jump range
water_gravity=0			// Gravity in water
acceleration=10			// Acceleration of the character
turn_rate=1.0			// Turn rate of the character

These are the movement speeds.

Change them any way you want. I personally have mine set like this:

tiptoe_speed=0.2533 	// Tiptoe speed in game units (Maya units/10)
walk_speed=5.5			// Walk speed in game units (Maya units/10)
run_speed=9.2			// Run speed in game units (Maya units/10)
sprint_speed=12.385

jump_speed=2.375		// Jump speed, works with Air Gravity to define total jump range
air_gravity=-6.25 		// Gravity in air, works with Jump Speed to define total jump range
water_gravity=0			// Gravity in water
acceleration=10			// Acceleration of the character
turn_rate=1.0			// Turn rate of the character

Have fun moving super fast (or at a snail pace, if you so desired.)

Worth noting: these template files extend to vehicles too, but in my small experiments, I've not been able to see a change in the speed of creatures nor the size of vehicles by changing the relevant values for each. This may be due to a slightly higher complexity with each of these, as some creatures/vehicles appear to have separate configuration files from their templates (e.g. ostriches/motorcycles). However, changing these so they're the same between each doesn't seem to affect anything (so far as I could tell), as I was unable to observe any change in the size of a motorcycle when the scale was changed either in the template file (by adding the relevant section to it) or in adjusting it in the motorcycle's separate config file.

Worth noting: these template files extend to vehicles too, but in my small experiments, I've not been able to see a change in the speed of creatures nor the size of vehicles by changing the relevant values for each. This may be due to a slightly higher complexity with each of these, as some creatures/vehicles appear to have separate configuration files from their templates (e.g. ostriches/motorcycles). However, changing these so they're the same between each doesn't seem to affect anything (so far as I could tell), as I was unable to observe any change in the size of a motorcycle when the scale was changed either in the template file (by adding the relevant section to it) or in adjusting it in the motorcycle's separate config file.

​While I have yet to mess with the speed of creatures, I have been able to notice a change in size when editing CREATURETEMPLATE_STANDARD.

large.2015-06-08_00005.jpg.e433610e08530

large.2015-06-08_00007.jpg.2596d73c9d404

MaelstromIslander

-snip-

Oh no... Its... Its...

BACONUS PRIME!

Now he'll have his revenge on all who ate his piggy brethren. Bow before his almighty porkyness!

• Like 2

​While I have yet to mess with the speed of creatures, I have been able to notice a change in size when editing CREATURETEMPLATE_STANDARD.

​Oh yes, I found that too, but I can't be having all the fun, eh? =) I made some giant huskies earlier today. 2015-06-08_00005.thumb.jpg.f984511110a5b

Alcom Isst

I could really use vehicle speed and gravity modifications for a race track.

Half of GENERICVEHICLETEMPLATE_STANDARD.TXT doesn't seem to be used.

Most entries do nothing.

It's not all unused though. Deleting Ability "VehicleSmash" removes the ability to smash props by running over them.

Did some testing, apparently this is all the game needs from GENERICVEHICLETEMPLATE_STANDARD.TXT to run normally:

//This is the template text file for all Vehicles 

//------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  Abilities
Ability "GenericAmbientVehicle" 
Ability "VehicleSmash"

//  Mechanics
vehicle

I hope the vehicle stats aren't hardcoded. I'd be maaaaaaad if they were.

Edited by Alcom1
  • Like 3

Also, if you want your character to have more health, not only do you have to edit the hitpoints in the template, you also have to edit another file.

In STUFF/GAME.txt, there's a line that says:

hearts display on max 4 extramax 12

Editing that line would fully allow you to have the custom health. Otherwise, you'll still only have 4 hearts.

large.2015-06-09_00004.jpg.88dc62f1adecb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.