Make any(?) item throwable and explosive.

Gmr_Leon

This is probably one of my favorite silly tricks I've found so far. Dynamite's nice, sure, but you know what's better than dynamite? Exploding ice cream, bananas, fish, apples, you know, anything else normally not explosive. So here's the trick:

Go into Chars > Items_Txt.

From there, open up ThrowingItems.txt.

Take the following:

item_type "Dynamite"
{
	reference "GenericBomb" 

scn "Items\"
	obj	"Dynamite"
	icon "items\ICON_Dynamite"
	name "DYNAMITE"
	explode
	quick_reuse

//rtl_vfx "VFX_LEGOTorchFlame"

//ItemAbility Always "TreasureTroveItem"
	//ItemAbility always "CanLightFires" ( resource=#resourcelevel,tag=#ITEM_VFX,path='VFX_LEGOTORCHFLAME' )
	//OwnerAbility Always "TorchLitHint"		
	//ItemAbility Always "MithrilLEGOAttack"///< this means the explosion I make can destroy silver/mithril lego!
	//OwnerAbility Always "LIGHTUPDARKAREAHINT"				
	fetch

sfx_Destroy "Wpn_Dynamite_Explode"
	sfx_Impact  "Prop_Bounce"
	sfx_PutAway "Act_PutAway"
	sfx_TakeOut "Act_TakeOut"

ItemAbility Always "ItemCanBeCollected"
	effects_for_event "OBJECTALIVE" offset 0.0 0.2 -0.03 Dynamite_Fuse1
	effects_for_event "OBJECTKILLED" Dynamite_Explo1
}

And then change it to whatever other item you want to throw and have explode, e.g. 

item_type "IceCream"
{
	reference "GenericBomb" 

scn "Items\Friends\41094\"
	obj "ICECREAM"
	icon "items\ICON_Icecream"
	name "ICECREAM"
	explode
	quick_reuse

fetch

sfx_Destroy "Wpn_Dynamite_Explode"
	sfx_Impact  "Prop_Bounce"
	sfx_PutAway "Act_PutAway"
	sfx_TakeOut "Act_TakeOut"

ItemAbility Always "ItemCanBeCollected"
	effects_for_event "OBJECTALIVE" offset 0.0 0.2 -0.03 Dynamite_Fuse1
	effects_for_event "OBJECTKILLED" Dynamite_Explo1
}

Edited by Gmr_Leon
trying to fix text being hidden behind BIG video embed

someswedish

I sense the possibility of a LEGO/Worms Mod.

​I don't think a whole mod is necessary, once the dev's implement multiplayer we should have everything we need for a silly banana bomb battle.

Just put up a server with banana bombs modded in and build an arena where people can blow each other up.

• Like 2

MaelstromIslander

Banana Bomb Spectacular: Michael Bay and the Potassium Pandomonium.

Now someone replace the banana with a pig.

• Like 2

​Nonono you have it backwords. You're supposed to throw things AT the pigs. Such as birds. That might not be happy.

​I'm not going to lie, first thing I looked into after figuring this out yesterday/this morning was if I could switch in props/creatures/etc. You might be able to, I just didn't dig up how you might. It may be as simple as replacing the scn, icon, etc. with the right filepaths to those things...I'd say give it a shot if you're interested. I've been working away at the cameras instead, since those are the most troublesome.

MaelstromIslander

​I'm not going to lie, first thing I looked into after figuring this out yesterday/this morning was if I could switch in props/creatures/etc. You might be able to, I just didn't dig up how you might. It may be as simple as replacing the scn, icon, etc. with the right filepaths to those things...I'd say give it a shot if you're interested. I've been working away at the cameras instead, since those are the most troublesome.

...uhhh I can't give it a shot because I don't own worlds and even if I had it my computer would overheat. Hence why I was asking someone else to try it.

...uhhh I can't give it a shot because I don't own worlds and even if I had it my computer would overheat. Hence why I was asking someone else to try it.

​My bad, didn't realize that! ...I still encourage anyone that does own it to also experiment with this. I might give it another go with some other stuff here in a little bit. =O

Edit: So I did some more digging about, swapping files around, and I think this is mostly limited to items for the time being. I don't think we have deep enough access to reconfigure other stuff to be holdable (though I may be wrong).

Edited by Gmr_Leon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.