Return To Planet U (THE END?)

Lair

I got 1 of the 8 bonus levels for RtPU. any ideas for the other 7?

(Today, 10:46 PM) Make another that is a network of lava and you have to fly through it to a hidden base then start mining all by yourself only a power station is there. And make all the other ground unbuildable.

addictgamer : (Today, 10:45 PM) Make one that is huge and has a crazy emerge at one side of the map among big seams, and you base is at the other side where there are almost no crystals. Also add many slug holes all over the place

Nevermind, these are all just regular and epic levels

Well, the lava one is called "Molten Network"

The other one is called "Fruits of Monsters" (May make a better name)

Also, they are two separate levels.

You said they were both one level.

Why did you say that you got ONE of the 8 bonus levels?

That implies that they are only one level.

Anyway, here are the rest of the ideas.

"The Shanty"

In this level, you are on a big island in a lava lake that has no walls or resources, just a line slimey slug holes and a huge base that has many buildings and vehicles and such.

The only way to win the mission is to take your vehicles and go out and search for a new spot for a new base to start mining.

After you reach a certain cavern, their is evidence of a rock raider that has been stranded in their from the last time the rock raiders were on planet U.

You must then find him and bring him back to the main base where he will be transported through a large matrix of tunnels back to a small little base where you then win the mission.

There will eb many threats, and it will be like after you fnd him, you must race to bring him to the little base asap.

You must also have a supply of 300 energy crystals to be able to teleport him back up at the small base.

Many creatures will come out and start attacking at the moment you find him, and your island base will start eroding VERY fast.

Also, don't forget that before you find him there will be caverns where you'll find bands of monsters and slugs resting, then they come after you.

I think that this is going to be a very epic level, but hard to do the emerge, erode, and all the level scripting.

It will truly put rr to the test.

"The Shanty"

In this level, you are on a big island in a water lake that has no walls or resources, just a line slimey slug holes and a huge base that has many buildings and vehicles and such.

The only way to win the mission is to take your vehicles and go out and search for a new spot for a new base to start mining.

After you reach a certain cavern, their is evidence of a rock raider that has been stranded in their from the last time the rock raiders were on planet U.

You must then find him and bring him back to the main base where he will be transported through a large matrix of tunnels back to a small little base where you then win the mission.

There will eb many threats, and it will be like after you fnd him, you must race to bring him to the little base asap.

You must also have a supply of 300 energy crystals to be able to teleport him back up at the small base.

Many creatures will come out and start attacking at the moment you find him, and your island base will start eroding VERY fast.

Also, don't forget that before you find him there will be caverns where you'll find bands of monsters and slugs resting, then they come after you.

I think that this is going to be a very epic level, but hard to do the emerge, erode, and all the level scripting.

It will truly put rr to the test.

Wow sounds really hard but really good, I think I'd enjoy playing this mission. I say, make it!

:D This makes addictgamer happy and he will post more ideas.

Hey, anyone have ideas of your own? WE WANT TO HEAR THEM.

4 more left...

"Lava's Hunger"

In this level, you start out like any normal level in rr.

Build your base, mine from the surrounding walls...

All the walls are minable, untill...You discover that you are in the middle of a huge ocean. Across the ocean, you can see an island to the north, south, east, and west.

They have lava rivers in them that are eating them away.

You have 5 minutes or so to mine out those islands and use the crystals to win the mission before they are completely consumed in a fiery blaze.

I think I will enjoy making these.

No, I will enjoy seeing my beta testers suffer xD

And I will give all credits to addict (in the credits) or whoever has ideas.

Wow, that seems so...so...cool. Reminds me of Fire n' Water.

I liked the levels "Run the Gauntlet" and "Split Down the Middle". So I thought, "'If Run the Gauntlet' and 'Split Down the Middle' were combined, what would the result be?"

The rock raiders were mining and continuing their normal schedule of finding ECs when a massive cave-in occours. All the base buildings and the team of rock raiders are in different caverns blocked by two to four layers of rock. You'd have to race to find and power up the support station as fast as possible. Also there is a river of lava eroding from your team's starting point, which threatens to block off a cavern filled with vital energy crystals needed to complete the level.

I can't think of a name yet :|

A thing is that they cant be related to any levels in the normal game... and i would like a rockwhale >:( with no Blender on the side

@Eagle: exelent, a challenge.

I have an idea: monster arcade, just firin your laser at spawning monsters. how would you keep rrs from rienforencing the walls though?

Awesome idea eagle, I want to play that

3 more levels left

"Relentless Assault"

Ok, so, here, in this one, you have a huge base, surrounded by laser towers and enough ec's and recharge seams in your base to fight off a massive army of monsters that's constantly striking at you.

It will be like a mega version of my march of the rock monsters video.

You have to hold them off for a set amount of time to win the mission.

Not sure if that kind of scripting is possible.

"Lego RockBand"

In this one, you start on a huge mountain, with steep slopes that end in lava that's going to erode that mountain in about 5 - 10 minutes.

You must transfer ALL of your huge base off of that mountain and move across the lake and build a new base in a ditch that is SURROUNDED by water.

From there, you must collect a bunch of ORE and rescue a band of rock raiders somewhere on the map that you must find.

I suggest have them in a matrix of water and lava and slugs and monsters, and make it very hard to bring the transport in to transport them out of there.

Also, if it is possible to make a cave in occure like on the ps1 game, where new walls are actually created, forcing them to abandon the tt and go to a boat at the end of a long twisting tunnel before they are transported to the edge of the lava lave across the field of rock and they will be picked up by a different tt and moved to your base.

This is also testing the scripting in making vehicles blow up and creating walls.

"Break for it!"

In this one, you just have to transport the "last energy crystal in the universe" across a long river of water, across a lake of fire, across a plain of rock that is filled with rm's, and to a base on the other side of an eroding lava lake that consists of only a power plant and a teleport pad, and no room to build.

The plain of rock is filled every tile with rock monsters, and the base also has a parade of slugs awaiting for your arrival to steal the crystal.

All you need to win is to put that one crystal in your power plant.

You also have a limited supply of air, and, at the beginning, you must race the slugs to pick up the ec and then board your rapid rider at the end.

Add some extra hard stuff in it...

Relentless Assault: Interesting idea. But how do we make sure the player doesn't simply put up a bunch of electric fences?

Lego RockBand (Bum-bah-tsss): This IDEA is extremely COOL to begin with, and I can't wait to PLAY it when it is DONE :P

Break for it: xD

If there are too many rock monsters, the result is what happened in my march of the rock monsters youtube vid.

It ends up being the player having ot use lasers, with his rr's recharging ec's 24/7

TheEPICtrainrider

I think addict said something similar to this...

Okay, you're in a long narrow cavern, with dirt walls at one end and hard rock for the rest of the map (I'll make the map, you just have to script the monsters and the 02) there is a base at the dirt end of the cavern, Consisting of a toolstore, and a teleport pad. The dirt walls are rich in ore and ec's and you have to mine them to get 500 energy cryistals. The only issue is that there is a crap load of Lava monsters and a lava river that are coming at your base and your depleting oxygen. You have to hold off the horde and dam up the lava while you reap in the goodies.

If possible, I would put a slimy slug hole halfway into the dirt.

Oh...the possibilities are endless...

One idea i had was a square cavern with a ring of lava around the edge. A lone rock raider is stuck in a 1x1 cavern, surrounded by solid rock, save one energy crystal seam. As that seam collapases, the cavern appears. In all of its enormity, no Tool store can be seen. The rock raider must build the base before the ring of lava closes in on the base. You must work quick, as an onslaught of Lava Monsters is near. Work fast, build smart, survive...

Closing In.

I'll make it in the Map Creator, just to show you what i mean. You guys might also want to do that too.

2 awesome Ideas I would like.

WHY DON'T YOU GIVE THE LEVELS A NAME? IT HELPS ME VISUALIZE!

lol

Seriously though, please put a name for those levels.

There is a big base that you have to get to but you have to get past 20 layers of hard rock to get to it adn it is being attacked by lots of rock monsters and you have to get to it befor they destroy the tool store or you lose the level

it sounds simple but you also have to build up a base to get to the big base in time to save the base

Ya, it's just an avi.

Need only to figure out how to convert the .mov that blender generates into an avi using the correct codec.

I didn't see any options in converter to choose the coded.

I could have blender render the animation into an avi natively though, and then use windows media encoder to play around with the codecs, which I think is possible.

I'm also pretty sure I saw a "codecs" list in blender when you choose to animate it.

Hardest part for me would be the lighting. I just keep failing at the lighting...

Have improved on it a bit though.

• Cyrem locked this topic