LEGO at SDCC 2015

Ayliffe

Just realized there wasn't a thread for this stuff yet, so here ya go:

San Diego Comic Con is coming up fast (9th - 12th July), so to keep track of everything Lego-related I'm gonna post all the exclusives currently announced to be sold there. There's also a big chance that a some late 2015/early 2016 sets will be revealed at the official Lego booth, so if anything gets revealed I'll shove it in this thread too. If any new dimensions info is revealed there too (which I'm betting there will be), post it in the Dimensions thread instead. Without further ado, here are all the exclusive sets and minifigs for SDCC:

SETS:

Throne of Ultron (costs $40):
throne_of_ultron.jpg

Dagobah Minibuild (costs $40):

Dagobah_ProductShot_FINAL_j39qpb.jpg

Superman - Action Comics #1 (costs $40): 

lego-superman-comic-con-exclusive-600x60

MINIFIGS:

Captain America (Sam Wilson):

635702908146155841-CaptainFalcon-Product

Arsenal (from ARROW tv show):

BN-JA864_arsena_8S_20150622175421.jpg

So yeah, stay tuned for any other Lego-related SDCC news...! 

• Like 3

http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=7730

More info about lego-related panels!

Thursday, July 9 at 6:00pm will be the reveal of new exhibition The Art of the Brick: DC Comics by LEGO Certified Professional Nathan Sawaya. The event will include a live drawing of the exhibition's new Batmobile concept by DC Comics artist Jim Lee as well as discussion and Q&A with production team members Brandon Griffith and Tommy Williamson.

Saturday, July 11 at 4:15pm is a panel titled LEGO Marvel's Avengers: From Silver Screen to Console, featuring TT Games game director Arthur Parsons, TT Games producer Matt Ellison, Marvel Games executive producer Mike Jones, and Marvel Games creative director Bill Rosemann. This panel will include a live gameplay demonstration, reveals of new powers and abilities, new artwork, the latest game trailer, and exclusive giveaways.

Saturday at 6:00pm, the Making the LEGO Fan Scene panel will discuss the past year from the perspective of the LEGO fan community, with participants including BrickJournal magazine editor Joe Meno, LEGO Certified Professional Nathan Sawaya, BrickNerd blogger and brickfilmer Tommy Williamson, STUDS trading card and ComicBricks creator Brandon Griffith, and LEGO artist Paul Lee.

Sunday, July 12 at 11:15am is the World Premiere of LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom, which will be followed by a panel led by voice actors Troy Baker, Josh Keaton, and Khary Payton as well as producer Brandon Vietti, director Rick Morales, and writer Jim Krieg. There will also be exclusive prize giveaways and the possibility of special guest appearances.

Sunday at 1:00pm there will be a LEGO Ninjago panel, where senior creative director Tommy Andreasen, writers Dan and Kevin Hageman, content development director Keith Malone, creative lead Simon Lucas, and senior designer Maarten Simons will discuss developments in the TV series and product line, present sneak peeks, and answer fan questions.

Sunday at 2:45pm there are plans for a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes panel. Senior designer Marcos Bessa, senior graphic designer Adam Corbally, senior content development manager Jason Cosler, Marvel VP of animation development and partnerships Cort Lane, Marvel Games executive producer Mike Jones, and TT Games game director Arthur Parsons will talk about developing the toys, animations, and video game.

New set revealed! It's a batmobile!

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/06/30/sdcc-lego-to-unveil-new-batmobile-set-tied-to-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/?mod=WSJBlog

BN-JD616_batmob_G_20150629135824.jpg

Snyder revealed the Batmobile in tweets last year, and DC displayed it earlier this month at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, but this is an exclusive first look at the Lego set, and the first product reveal tied to the film. It will be displayed at SDCC but consumers can only purchase it starting Jan. 1, 2016, at mass retailers.

The Lego DC Super Heroes New Batmobile set includes 306 pieces, two “stud shooters” and opening doors, a new Batman outfit deco, two additional unnamed characters and an additional vehicle. It will retail for $29.99.

• Like 1

Cross-posting from the dimensions topic...

Dimensions is gonna be at SDCC! Or nearby, at least...

CI8PCZtW8AQFXAM.png

I'm guessing that the Dr Who stuff is gonna be revealed here then. And the best thing about this event? There's no SDCC badge needed to enter, so if you're nearby you'll be able to get in for free. Hooray!

Oh yeah, and somebody better get me that "limited edition print featuring Portal and Doctor Who" goddammit.

New set revealed! It's a batmobile!

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/06/30/sdcc-lego-to-unveil-new-batmobile-set-tied-to-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/?mod=WSJBlog

<snip>

Snyder revealed the Batmobile in tweets last year, and DC displayed it earlier this month at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, but this is an exclusive first look at the Lego set, and the first product reveal tied to the film. It will be displayed at SDCC but consumers can only purchase it starting Jan. 1, 2016, at mass retailers.

The Lego DC Super Heroes New Batmobile set includes 306 pieces, two “stud shooters” and opening doors, a new Batman outfit deco, two additional unnamed characters and an additional vehicle. It will retail for $29.99.

Will somebody tell me how many Batmobiles Lego has made... about seven is my guess.

That batmobile looks pretty great, I... think? I'd have to see it in action in the movie first. Seems like a modern take on the classic long design.

aidenpons, if all scales are included, I think LEGO's made nine. I never knew about the Comic Con 2014 one though - it's a nice idea but they've made it a little squat.

Not sure what the Super Heroes reveal will be, but I think we can expect the upcoming D2C temple for the Ninjago reveal and obviously Episode 7 stuff for Star Wars.

Looks like there won't be any BIONICLE exclusives this year.

...Not sure what the Super Heroes reveal will be...

I'd imagine it's the rest of that Batmobile set that was partly revealed earlier this week. You know, the one that looked like a dune buggy? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.