Porting vehicles from other TT games?

martellus

Has anyone figured out if its possible to port vehicles from other TT games into lego worlds, and the process if doing so? I extracted the content from Jurassic Worlds, intent on seeing if its possible, but at this point I have hit a roadblock, I don't know what to do next. It seems both games (games dev name)_VEHICLES.CPJ file as well as the .CD, .CPD, and .DNO may have a role in this, but I cant seem to find anything on properly viewing them or editing them. Just as a rough test I swapped the CPJ of JW and LW, and it made it so the only vehicles that showed up were the bicycle (worked perfectly, I think JW has it too), and an unknown vehicle (no icon, string error so no name) that did not spawn. It would be really nice to have the huge vehicle selection from JW in worlds, some very fun ones, and maybe even some of the ones you cant use in JW normally.

Quisoves Potoo

Could you please upload the relevant .CPJ and the vehicle folder?

I've successfully transferred characters from LEGO Batman 3 to Worlds.

2015-06-18_00001.jpg2015-06-18_00010.jpg

I've also transferred vehicles, though the fact that the TPAGE files are different between games causes problems. To wit:

2015-06-18_00056.jpg

I'm not sure if it's fixable. I haven't had much of a chance to try, having been out of state for the past week and a half.

• Like 2

Quisoves Potoo

Vehicles.CPJ and the Vehicles folder in the CHARS folder.

EDIT: Also, GLOBAL.LED from the GLOBAL folder.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

Alright, here you go, all the stuff is from JW

files.zip

Have you had any success? I have been pouring over my attempt all day but I cant figure out what I am doing wrong or missing; I have the copied vehicle listed in CHARDATA.txt with the other vehicle validations, I have it UnlockedByDefault under COLLECTION.txt, and I have it listed with the others in HGOPATHNAMES.txt, but that has not shown me any success. I have tried with the vehicle having its .txt replaced by one that fits the LW format, and tried just editing the original JW one to point to the templates in worlds, but still no luck.

Edited by martellus
  • Like 1

Could you please upload the relevant .CPJ and the vehicle folder?

I've successfully transferred characters from LEGO Batman 3 to Worlds.

-Pic-

-Pic-

I've also transferred vehicles, though the fact that the TPAGE files are different between games causes problems. To wit:

-Pic-

I'm not sure if it's fixable. I haven't had much of a chance to try, having been out of state for the past week and a half.

How do you do that? I'd love to be able to port characters into this!

• 2 weeks later...

Vehicles.CPJ and the Vehicles folder in the CHARS folder.

EDIT: Also, GLOBAL.LED from the GLOBAL folder.

Could you explain how you ported the batman vehicles so I can follow in your footsteps with jurassic world? Did you have any luck with the JW vehicles?

What was attaching the global.led for/what does it do by the way? Is it part of this process too?

Quisoves Potoo

My apologies for not responding sooner. I was on vacation last week.

Anyway, it would seem that the devs have tweaked the model format once more for Jurassic World, so that's a no-go, without some sort of converter.

As for Batman 3, here's a guide I've put together. There are some things I still haven't looked into, thanks to a very hectic past four weeks.

To make Worlds accept all characters from Batman 3, do the following:

• Copy the Batman 3 .CPJ files (located in CHARS) to the eponymous World folder.
  • Folders named "BLACK_VEHICLES" and "BLACK_MINIFIG" already exist in the Worlds CHAR folder. Change one character of the names of Batman 3's equivalents (you'll need to do the same for their entries in the GAMEGLOBAL.LED file.)
  • Open Batman 3's GAMEGLOBAL.LED in a hex editor.
  • Find the entries for the .CPJs.
  • Each entry begins eight bytes before the phrase "MOBJ". Copy all the entries.
  • In World's GAMEGLOBAL.LED, locate the .CPJ-entries. Paste the copied entries in immediately before, or after, them.
  • Now for the delicate bit. At the beginning of the section in question are two subsections, each beginning with the phrase "OLST". Six bytes after the first OLST begins a little-endian, unsigned int. Add to it the length of the Batman 3 entries (thanks to Darkel for this and the info in the next bullet point.)
  • Four bytes after the second OLST is the number of entries in the section. Alter it accordingly, and voila! The game now accepts all characters from LEGO Batman 3.
  • All LB3 textures have the phrase "DX11" in them. You'll have to change it to NXG. You can do a mass rename using Microsoft Powershell.

I haven't tested everything yet, and there are still a few kinks.

Notes:

• The game accepts the flying ability, if the appropriate alterations are made. I'm not yet sure about the others.
  • I've been able to get Batman 3's guns to appear, but I haven't yet gotten them to fire, though that should be perfectly doable.
  • You'll want to switch out the Super Character files from Worlds with those of Batman 3. An unfortunate side affect of this is that the Pirate's peg-leg doesn't work right, but I should be able to fix that.
  • Something is wonky with the vehicles' textures or shaders. This is due to differences in the games LEGOTPAGE files. I'm not yet sure how to fix it.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Like 2

Ah, thats a shame. Thanks for the guide and all the info though! Now I wont obsess over myself doing something wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
TheGhastlyCraft

Sorry, but because I have absoultely no prior experience in HEX editors, I would say I can not figure this out. That is the only part I cannot accomplish. Would anyone mind to post a screen of the hex editor? I would really love to import more characters. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

Anyway, it would seem that the devs have tweaked the model format once more for Jurassic World, so that's a no-go, without some sort of converter.

As for Batman 3, here's a guide I've put together. There are some things I still haven't looked into, thanks to a very hectic past four weeks.

• Copy the Batman 3 .CPJ files (located in CHARS) to the eponymous World folder.
  • Folders named "BLACK_VEHICLES" and "BLACK_MINIFIG" already exist in the Worlds CHAR folder. Change one character of the names of Batman 3's equivalents (you'll need to do the same for their entries in the GAMEGLOBAL.LED file.)
  • In World's GAMEGLOBAL.LED, locate the .CPJ-entries. Paste the copied entries in immediately before, or after, them.
  • Now for the delicate bit. At the beginning of the section in question are two subsections, each beginning with the phrase "OLST". Six bytes after the first OLST begins a little-endian, unsigned int. Add to it the length of the Batman 3 entries (thanks to Darkel for this and the info in the next bullet point.)
  • Four bytes after the second OLST is the number of entries in the section. Alter it accordingly, and voila! The game now accepts all characters from LEGO Batman 3.
  • All LB3 textures have the phrase "DX11" in them. You'll have to change it to NXG. You can do a mass rename using Microsoft Powershell.

Notes:

• The game accepts the flying ability, if the appropriate alterations are made. I'm not yet sure about the others.
  • I've been able to get Batman 3's guns to appear, but I haven't yet gotten them to fire, though that should be perfectly doable.
  • You'll want to switch out the Super Character files from Worlds with those of Batman 3. An unfortunate side affect of this is that the Pirate's peg-leg doesn't work right, but I should be able to fix that.

Something is wonky with the vehicles' textures or shaders. This is due to differences in the games LEGOTPAGE files. I'm not yet sure how to fix it.                            

Okay, Let's pretend I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about for the most part. explain to me how to do all this. I have some idea of what I'm doing but I can't find "CHARS folder".

Notes:

Something is wonky with the vehicles' textures or shaders. This is due to differences in the games LEGOTPAGE files. I'm not yet sure how to fix it.                            

Okay, Let's pretend I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about for the most part. explain to me how to do all this. I have some idea of what I'm doing but I can't find "CHARS folder".

Also, is it possible to import LMS and LSW3 characters (and will they still have their abilities?)?

TheGhastlyCraft

Ok, you need to check the first topic pinned in this modding section, called 'Getting any Lego game ready for modding'

Also Lego Star Wars uses files not relevant with GAMEGLOBAL.LED. As for Marvel, it may work, but I don't have that on PC.

I unfortunately can't help you with HEX editing as I struggled a lot with that.

Do you know HEX editing btw?

Ok, you need to check the first topic pinned in this modding section, called 'Getting any Lego game ready for modding'

Also Lego Star Wars uses files not relevant with GAMEGLOBAL.LED. As for Marvel, it may work, but I don't have that on PC.

I unfortunately can't help you with HEX editing as I struggled a lot with that.

Do you know HEX editing btw?

Ah yes... "HEX" editing... Ummm no I have no idea what hex editing is :'(

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
SpideyPlayz89
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 7:07 PM, Quisoves Potoo said:

I wanna get started on how to mod this game please tell me

Quisoves Potoo
On 2/23/2017 at 3:36 PM, SpideyPlayz89 said:

I wanna get started on how to mod this game please tell me

My knowledge of modding Worlds is sadly quite out of date. Not long after I posted this topic, the devs introduced a new encryption format for certain files, which made modding Worlds nigh impossible. For all I know, this is still the case. Even if it isn't, I wouldn't be of much help, given the inevitable number changes since I last touched the game. I'd suggest asking Terrev or Professor Brickeeper or someone else who's up to date on Worlds.

Sorry about that!

Cheers!

SpideyPlayz89

Will we be able to mod once the game releases officially on everything because I was going to copy some lego dimensions files from my xbox one to this Marvin the martian USB but if you dont know i completley understand and thanks for telling me the people i should ask this to you are a big help

11 hours ago, Quisoves Potoo said:

My knowledge of modding Worlds is sadly quite out of date. Not long after I posted this topic, the devs introduced a new encryption format for certain files, which made modding Worlds nigh impossible. For all I know, this is still the case. Even if it isn't, I wouldn't be of much help, given the inevitable number changes since I last touched the game. I'd suggest asking Terrev or Professor Brickeeper or someone else who's up to date on Worlds.

Sorry about that!

Cheers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.