is there a way i could rip files of lego city undercovers disc

JHUYSER

Fluffy Cupcake

As RRU is certainly not specialized in hacking non-PC games, I'd suggested Googling "ripping files from "Wii U"", and if no handy tools come up then it is not possible for those outside closed circles to do so at this point.

JimbobJeffers

I think Xiron's point is that LCU is only available on Wii U, hence it's not something we're adept at dealing with given that RRU pretty much covers PC games alone, with a couple of exceptions. If there's a way to pull the files off the disc and they happen to work the same as PC versions of TT games, then I'm sure we can be of help.

• Community Moderators

LEGO Movie Videogame has about half the LCU files within its directories, including a fair few textures and models, so that might be your best shot.

Wii U disc ripping is difficult and expensive. You need a disk drive which can be patched with custom firmware and then a stack of software which isn't reliable and hard to use. It's much harder to take apart the online store files, if you manage to successfully get a copy of them on your PC.

These are the reasons we haven't ripped LCU a new one yet; otherwise I'd be working on porting it to the PC.

I'm surprised this thread isn't full of moaning and complaining, because it's the only kind of discussion related to LCU I've seen on this forum.

We just gotta wait for a method to rip Wii U files.

Edited by Ostoya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Quisoves Potoo

I'm working currently on extracting the cxi files from the case begins but they are encrypted 

So let me get this straight: You own LEGO City Undercover, and have succeeded in loading the files on your PC. However, they are all encrypted. Is that it?

Would you mind uploading pictures of the game-folder and its subfolders? You're not the only person interested in this, but with just the information you've given us, there's not much we can do.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

Would you mind uploading pictures of the game-folder and its subfolders? You're not the only person interested in this, but with just the information you've given us, there's not much we can do.

Yes, please!

Quisoves Potoo

I'm working currently on extracting the cxi files from the chase  begins but they are encrypted 

this was about the 3ds game that was a prequel not the wii u game

It's still something, no?

• 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

*the Wii-U version.

Ah, so a file ripping tool exists for Wii-U exists now. Good to know (I think hints outside of RRU and LEGO games entirely could of personally told me that ages ago. :P).

So, the algorithm is almost the same I used for this: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6612-fib-files/?do=findComment&comment=119212

It was described in http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=380

The result of the posted example from this request post is this one:

1RbsrEE.png

I do not have many examples. But I will do some further tests and then post a tool for decompression.

Update: Here it is.

Edited by Sluicer
Added link for the tool

• 3 years later...

Okay so extracting the files from a wiiu disc is easy as pie using the ddd homebrew application (homebrewing a wiiu is also easy); I have the ripped files right on my pc. If you want to dump it, use the dump all batch file, after that you can find the files in c:/Game I think (I think that's the standard location). In the code folder you will find the legocity.master.rpx file, the file used to launch the game; the dat files can be found in the content folder and can be extracted using the ttgames.bms file with quickbms

NOTE: dumping all those files will take many hours