LEGO Dimensions Minifigures and Vehicles?

DorneyLeechekes

DorneyLeechekes

Hello there,

My question is, if it could be possible to copy all LEGO Dimensions Characters and Vehicles into LEGO Worlds or will there be a lot of problems because it's not for Computer or something, because I would like to play characters like the Doctors or Chell and could this happen to work?

Quisoves Potoo

Ripping the characters should be possible, though I'm not sure if any of us here are capable of doing so. The files formats are the same, I believe, no matter the platform. However, TT has an annoying habit of constantly tweaking its 3D-model formats, meaning that you can't count on backwards-compatibility between more than two consecutive games (e.g. Worlds and Batman 3.)
So Worlds at present is not compatible with Jurassic Park, and by extension, probably Dimensions.

However, Worlds is updated at least once a month, and I find it hard to believe that the devs won't update the file-formats occasionally. Ditto Dimensions, which, if successful, will be updated with new worlds and characters from time to time. So there should be at least some periods during which characters can be transferred.

The other solution is to write a program for converting the necessary files.

• Like 1

It shouldn't be too hard to get the files, PS3 discs can be extracted. How you obtain a digital copy of that disc is another matter though. Direct digital download from Sony could work, but you would need to find a link.

Good luck getting a direct digital download of a game that's only getting a physical release due to the necessity of the toypad.

• Like 1

Good luck getting a direct digital download of a game that's only getting a physical release due to the necessity of the toypad.

Ah very true, totally forgot about that. Only way would be a modded PS3 then and rip the disc using the PS3.

• 9 months later...

Hi all! I have the Lego Dimensions files from a XBOX360 version.:) If someone need it please write a PM.:) My problem is: how to get the map models in one? Because all the models are in pieces.:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.