LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

Updated to v0.9.5.1. The links are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

Changes:

• Bug Fixes
  • Updated Settings Menu (and better controller support)

Also, here's a workaround for anyone who needs to delete any saved settings (sky color, screen resolution, etc):

On Windows, delete the individual values in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Brandon Phillips/LEGO Island REDUX/

If you just want to reset the sky color, delete the keys beginning with "ColorR", "ColorG", "ColorB", and "ColorA". 

On Mac, it should be in ~/Library/Preferences. You can edit or delete the file "unity.brandonphillips.legoislandredux.plist".

On Linux, It should be be found in ~/.config/unity3d/brandon phillips/lego island redux/

Removing some values (but not all) could potentially break the game. If this happens, you can just delete the all the other values/keys or remove the folder/file altogether. 

Thanks for the tip by the way, my sky isn't green anymore and I can appreciate the night and day cycle, haha.

So far, the glitches that I've experienced are :

- When you leave an area in an unconventional manner (for example, going to the prison from the Information Center by jumping into the water), the music of the last area you've been in will remain. Also, When I go to the second roof of the Information Center, the elevator's music plays over the one we usually hear on the second floor.

- When you use the car and change the view while driving (and using Y at the same time), the camera can be ''detached'' from the car and the game starts going bonkers. I don't know precisely how to trigger it, but it might possibly be the AI thingy.

Also, is it normal that when you leave the boundaries of the racetrack, you fall from the sky back to Lego Island, ? You still see the racetrack in the sky, for some reason, haha.

I'm encountering a bug where whenever I open the settings menu, and then exit it, I’m unable to move/look around. Another side effect is that Pepper doesn't experience any sort of physics whatsoever.

I.E. pressing Y causes him to hover in midair.

(Minor information: Quitting with that menu also causes the credits music to not play.)

On 2/5/2017 at 7:42 AM, Xana Lyoko said:

- When you leave an area in an unconventional manner (for example, going to the prison from the Information Center by jumping into the water), the music of the last area you've been in will remain. Also, When I go to the second roof of the Information Center, the elevator's music plays over the one we usually hear on the second floor.

Now that walking underwater is a thing, I need to reconfigure the music boundaries. Also, the elevator music is supposed to play all the time but not be audible once you walk away from the elevator. I'll fix it eventually so it stops when you're not in it, though.

- When you use the car and change the view while driving (and using Y at the same time), the camera can be ''detached'' from the car and the game starts going bonkers. I don't know precisely how to trigger it, but it might possibly be the AI thingy.

Yeah this is a known bug. You can trigger it by going to the pause menu while in the car, then returning. You can fix it by pressing F, I think. I'll fix this probably for the next release.

Also, is it normal that when you leave the boundaries of the racetrack, you fall from the sky back to Lego Island, ? You still see the racetrack in the sky, for some reason, haha.

Yes, technically it's supposed to happen if you leave the racetrack in any way other than the actual exit. The exit is supposed to put you back on the Island though. Once the "unstick" function is gone, this shouldn't be an issue any more.

On 2/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, TJ6Red said:

I'm encountering a bug where whenever I open the settings menu, and then exit it, I’m unable to move/look around. Another side effect is that Pepper doesn't experience any sort of physics whatsoever. (Minor information: Quitting with that menu also causes the credits music to not play.)

Uh oh, it seems like pressing "Q" to go to the Quit page of the Pause menu will cause that. Not sure why, will definitely look into it and have it fixed before the next release. Pressing "P" to open the Pause menu or to Quit works fine, though. Currently no idea what causes that, but there might be leftover code somewhere that seems to be disabling the player entirely (except the player camera).

On 2/8/2017 at 6:30 PM, ian2016p said:

Help Me For The Game Crashed?

I would love to help but I need more information. What were you doing/trying to do when it crashed? What system are you on (Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64-bit)? Was there a dialog saying that an output log was created when it crashed?

so I made this lego mesh two days ago and I am making several animations for it, just ask me if you're interested

poAm7Ey.gif  Om5Zxut.gif

from left to right: test skin with crazy walk cycle, infomaniac skin with standard walkcycle

If I may point out some possible improvements:

a) The skinning on the arms is a bit odd, just needs some attention and tweaking (might also just be that one animation, as the other one looks alright)

b) The way you're doing beveling/smoothing is causing bad shading, especially on the legs - here's a handy little image (not mine) that explains it, and a page on polycount with more info/links on how to fix it. Another option for fixing it would be to use normal maps to cancel out the distortion from your current bevels/vertex normals (LEGO Minifigures Online did this, for example) but that's more hassle, and requires you put a lot more attention into your UV mapping or you'll end up with stuff like this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Terrev said:

If I may point out some possible improvements:

a) The skinning on the arms is a bit odd, just needs some attention and tweaking

b) The way you're doing beveling/smoothing is causing bad shading, especially on the legs - here's a handy little image (not mine) that explains it, and a page on polycount with more info/links on how to fix it

ooh, I never knew this was a thing until now, however I didn't find any features in Blender or add-ons that allowed me to do that automatically...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ian2016p said:

64-bit

64-bit what?

Edit: I mean, is it Windows, Mac, Or Linux?

Edit2: Never mind. Your profile says you have Windows 10 Pro x64

Edited by TJ6Red
Decided to add more.

About the minifigure animations, I don't think they are really close to the original animations of LI. They feel like they are made of rubber, instead of plastic.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xana Lyoko said:

About the minifigure animations, I don't think they are really close to the original animations of LI. They feel like they are made of rubber, instead of plastic.

I personally think they look really good. True they don't look very much like the LI animations but they're a lot like LI2 and LIXS, which I am a fan of. This project is already planning to add new features and I dunno, but I like the animations of the later LI games.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, vitawrap said:

so I made this lego mesh two days ago and I am making several animations for it, just ask me if you're interested

poAm7Ey.gif  Om5Zxut.gif

from left to right: test skin with crazy walk cycle, infomaniac skin with standard walkcycle

minifigures?

• 2 weeks later...

Boredom + Watching LEGO Island Cutscenes on Youtube = this... thing.

Its a random Work in Progress, just for fun.

Unfortunately, I just can't export animations from the program I'm using to animate stuff like this (Source Filmmaker). It does export animations, but when imported it causes the character to implode.

(Also ignore how ugly the Bill Ding "Model" is. @Xiron never made a proper Bill Ding model, so this was just Nubby Stevens, a Rock Raider, and a Cap prop all Frankensteined together)

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Ben24x7 said:

Boredom + Watching LEGO Island Cutscenes on Youtube = this... thing.

Its a random Work in Progress, just for fun.

Unfortunately, I just can't export animations from the program I'm using to animate stuff like this (Source Filmmaker). It does export animations, but when imported it causes the character to implode.

(Also ignore how ugly the Bill Ding "Model" is. @Xiron never made a proper Bill Ding model, so this was just Nubby Stevens, a Rock Raider, and a Cap prop all Frankensteined together)

Do you have Blender Source Tools? (I know that might be obvious but...) Link: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Blender_Source_Tools

28 minutes ago, TJ6Red said:

Do you have Blender Source Tools? (I know that might be obvious but...) 

Yes, I do, and no it never works properly;

NgefPtZ.jpg

2Jsa4Zz.jpg

Oooh, lookie lookie @bphillips09, there is already a "review" (sortof) of LEGO Island Redux!

@Wirza deserves a "thank you", since he was the person who introduced the game to "HeavyMetalGamerShow".

• Like 3

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX
  • lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.