LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

If you hold down forward while in the car until it gets to full speed press f and now it is a ghost car. It also works backwards.

Dazzgracefulmoon
5 hours ago, Linkachu4 said:

Just thought I would make an icon for the game. I hope this will work for you and sorry if it doesn't.:satisfied:

-snip-

The logo looks pretty good! but I'd say make it the pizza brick or something, because LEGO really doesn't like their logo on unofficial products and they could certainly put a C&D on this project

8 hours ago, Xiron said:

Rounded logo, nice.

What we really need is the original LEGO Island icon remastered. :P

You mean this? (Upscaled to 256x256 with no filtering from the original 32x32 icon)

large.LEGO_Island_Icon.png.639bbb607e7a7

Lind Whisperer

I tried updating it, not sure how well it worked:

26067822142_834cdb502a_z.jpg

25555523124_6b4ed63d7b_z.jpg

It's era-accurate, anyways - all of the parts existed in 1997(and in those colors, too). I know there are two huge cracks above the window - that was forced by trying to stay accurate to the original image, and its odd five-studs-wide-on-top configuration.

This won't run for me. I try to open it and my computer tells me "This app can't run on your PC." From past experience this is because the application in question is built for a different architecture than mine. I am using Windows 10 and have a 32-bit CPU. Could you include a Windows 32-bit download? (Assuming this is indeed the issue)

Fluffy Cupcake

@Lind That looks cool, but don't forget the alt variation used on Isle.exe where the base bricks are green instead of yellow.

(yellow is used on the config and alt .exes)

15 minutes ago, Xiron said:

@Lind That looks cool, but don't forget the alt variation used on Isle.exe where the base bricks are green instead of yellow.

(yellow is used on the config and alt .exes)

Huh... I never noticed that...

large.LEGO_Island_Alt_Icon.png.58d5920a8

CONFIG.EXE and LEGOISLE.exe both have 16x16 versions with the green base. Why did they change the colours?

Fluffy Cupcake

Lol, I got it backwards (though I was sure config had yellow, could be remembering wrong).

Who knows why the change, but at least green has more variation. :P

48 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Lol, I got it backwards (though I was sure config had yellow, could be remembering wrong).

Who knows why the change, but at least green has more variation. :P

CONFIG.EXE and LEGOISLE.EXE do have yellow bases on their 32x32 icons, but their 16x16 icons have a green base.

ISLE.EXE has a green base on all icon sizes, though it does have an all black 32x32 icon as well...

bphillips09

I was gonna respond to a couple of you guys but since it's April 1st I can't see any of your usernames!

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm partially satisfied with the elevator. Why? Scale. Scale scale scale, and lastly, more scale. From afar it looks small, but from close up it seems large, hence why the buttons and window are in the center of the elevator instead of the top as it normally would be (I minifigure measured). Other than this fact I'm satisfied with it. Perhaps I'll revisit it some time in the future.

Edit: I scaled the closet thing I could find next to my elevator, and the size was actually very close! I think I'm in the safe zone(?).

Elevator.png

Elevator_Internals.png

And now for an orthographic!

Info_Ortho.png

I'm relieved to finally be done this, it was fun when it started, but after the weeks I slowwwly started to slow down as I kept revisiting the same place. I'm glad I was able to push myself to the end. :)

This looks excellent! Just a quick question about the models on the island; in-game, all of the windows are solid blue, and some buildings, like the Information Center, have windows that don't have any lighter-blue faux-glass parts, as opposed to what we see in the FMVs. Will you be doing it FMV-style or in-game style? And where does that leave the bank building, which is totally different in the FMVs? 

And just my two cents on the revolving door - we don't see it anywhere on the exterior of the building, in-game, in videos, in the real life model, so I would leave it internal - especially since every building on the island is tardisian and integrating the outside with the inside would be impossible either way - which also follows up on my first point about the windows - I think making them transparent wouldn't work too well, but a slight mirror finish could be enough to set them apart from the frames.

I've built several of the Island models myself already, both in plastic and digitally, and I did it with great attention to detail, so I'd be happy to contribute to the modeling effort. I have also made an SVG of the infomaniac's textures which could be a helpful resource when you start doing the figures, and I have SVGs for the other main characters that a friend sent to me that aren't 100% accurate, but I can tinker with them if anyone is interested. Definitely following!

4 minutes ago, Pollywanna said:

the revolving door - we don't see it anywhere on the exterior of the building, in-game, in videos, in the real life model, so I would leave it internal

I always believed it was where the two tall windows off to the sides of the front of the building as to where the revolving door was, since you immediately appear outside the left windows upon leaving the building in-game.

Fluffy Cupcake

Using the plane model I've created an HD texture for the paper plane dispenser.

Plane_HD.png

This cannot however be done so easily with the sky colour & lighting panel. Does anyone want to take up the task of making an HD version of that?

On the topic of HDing, does anyone know what sets are displayed on the boxed sets in the score cube room? I'll probably need something for those too.

• Like 1

The set on those boxes is 6338 Hurricane Harbor - coincidentally the only set to include those tall blue windows that every other building in the game uses.

Fluffy Cupcake

Thanks! Even though the box arts aren't identical (wrong box image?) I went and did a quick update. The centre box is what it looked like before.

6338_Hurricane_Harbor_Before_After.png

With that being said not all the same sets come out of the boxes, and it'd be great to have the correct corresponding box art with the set that comes out. (See this for all the sets that come out)

2 hours ago, Pollywanna said:

I have SVGs for the other main characters that a friend sent to me that aren't 100% accurate, but I can tinker with them if anyone is interested. Definitely following!

I'm not sure if you've missed it, but I've already got decent quality torsos and faces (though a bit pixelated) of all minifigures from the game's files itself (even though I don't have alternate expressions). Although [near-]acurate, svgs are more than welcome!

Oh, I did not see those portraits! Excellent work there. 

The other two models indeed aren't sets, so unless you want to mock up some box art for those, not sure what you could do.

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX
  • lol username featured this topic
  • lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.