Patreon page for donations

tomfyhr

I am suggesting that a Patreon-page should be created for the forum. Patreon is a service, which allows volunteers and enthusiasts to donate money for a cause, mostly within the entertainment industry. The layout would be much more appealing and slightly more organized than it is currently, and may increase the forum´s reputation, if it became popular enough on Patreon, which is linked to social media. This would allow the page to be easily shared through social media-networks, which would increase the awareness of the forum even further. By creating a Patreon-page, enthusiasts would both have a smoother way of donating money to administrate the forum, while it may serve as a main point of attention to increase the awareness of the forum through social networks.

Additionally, it will give an easier way of following the major announcements on the forum, similiarly to a newsfeed, which is not currently available on the forum, while subsequently allowing donations to be made specifically for certain projects, if there are any.

I just want to note that donations for projects, is not an example of cease and desist, since the audience is not required to pay an amount of money to make the project available, instead the money is acquired by volounteers, indepedent from project´s workload. A button for making donations, would only be present for the sake of simplicity. It would not be associated with the projects in any form.

Dazzgracefulmoon

I'd doubt it'd gain traction, and besides we do have a donate function on the site already

LEGO Is a very niche community, and somehow it's the most broken up, I'd love to have this site have more active people, yes. but I'd highly doubt it.

• Like 1

• Cyrem locked and unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.