Scruffy looking nerf herder

Fush

makes you wonder what minifigs are gonna be like in another 20 or so years. How much more detailed could they really go?

It'd be interesting if the next shift was more toward distinct styling for figs from individual themes, in a sort of Exo-Force kind of way.

• Like 1

Dazzgracefulmoon
42 minutes ago, Pereki said:

It'd be interesting if the next shift was more toward distinct styling for figs from individual themes, in a sort of Exo-Force kind of way.

i dunno. I think they wanna keep a consistent art style towards the printing nowadays, so I'd doubt it.

7 hours ago, Pereki said:

makes you wonder what minifigs are gonna be like in another 20 or so years. How much more detailed could they really go?

21e97oTl.jpg

8 hours ago, Pereki said:

Quisoves Potoo
13 hours ago, Pereki said:

Or they could go the other direction, moving towards a more minimalist aesthetic. I'd like to see that. Details are fine, up to a point, but after that you're fighting against the medium.

Just for fun (and to take the comparison to it's logical conclusion) let's look at each iteration of the figure.

Leaving out alternate outfits and such.

sw014.png

2000. Original figure.

sw111.png

2004. Just before they started using flesh colored plastic. Only change is darker pants.

sw601.png

2008. Promotional figure not released in normal sets (though all the parts are available in other variations of the figure). Now uses flesh plastic, and the chest printing has been altered to match, but otherwise the same as previous versions save for strangely absent leg printing. A regular retail version maintains the printing but on brown pants rather than blue.

sw334.png

2011. New face printing to match the current style of minifigure eyes, and new leg printing as well.

sw451.png

2013. I left out all the other brown-pants versions but this one needs included. New chest printing. Face is the same. Legs, oddly, revert to original printing.

sw539.png

2014. Yet another new face AND leg printing!

sw771.png

2016. The currently most recent version. Yet another new face print [edit: I was mistaken, this image just shows the other side of the double sided head], and a brand new custom hairpiece.

remember how hagrid had fingers and was used along side normal minifigures

xwQIerg.jpg

(I think it's even the same molds as the hands and arms on that pirate?)

bonus:

P5COECHh.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.