New Software in Closed Beta - Stud.io

Jimbob

I haven't seen this posted on RRU. With LDD getting reduced support, has anyone seen the new Stud.io in development? I just downloaded it, haven't played with it much yet but it seems to have the potential for more complex designs than LDD. Gaze yonder in awe of my inspiring construction:

wbZX6JN.png

As someone who shops on Bricklink for custom models, this tool looks quite handy. You can build models in steps to make instruction manuals easier to produce, there are no angle restrictions, and the colour/parts libraries match Bricklink's (I think LDD uses different names for some things).

• Like 1

Yeah it's been discussed and torn apart quite a bit on discord. Lots of problems with bugs (like misplaced parts when saving/loading models). The save format is just a password protected ZIP file which contains some LDraw models and misc other things - I don't remember the password off the top of my head, but it can be found easily by disassembling the DLL files with DotPeek (it runs on Unity), and was the sort of password your grandpa would use for an email address. ;P 

44 minutes ago, Terrev said:

The save format is just a password protected ZIP file which contains some LDraw models and misc other things - I don't remember the password off the top of my head

1024x768 png thumbnail.

Info about program version or something.

LDraw file.

LDraw file with some embedded geometry. (Sometimes no embedded geometry)

I think that's all of it.

Password? I don't remember either... *cough*

Spoiler

soho0909

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Oooh, nice. Something for MOC builders to keep an eye on for sure!

Although for myself, if there isn't an option to export the build to a model format I easily can use in any other 3d program, then it won't really be useful to me and so I'll just stick with LeoCad instead which can do so. You guys know how I am with modelling. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.