Supersonic RC - Map Download

Fluffy Cupcake

Nice job, thank you for taking the time to do this! I've brought it into Blender and started re-texturing it into a PBR workflow, using much higher resolution textures. It shouldn't take long to finish, most of the textures are done and I just have to assign the new materials to all the objects.

QGsJkAv.jpgkey086a21a673b060c6ed0205effe

ehnckqz.jpgkey621b4653856ab2ee9a9dfc209c

The images are noisy because I used a low number of samples. When it's finished, would anyone be interested in me loading it into Unreal Engine? Perhaps if a model can be made of the Supersonic RC in LDD or preferably LDraw, I could use that to make a simple racer game.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed broken image embeds
  • Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Oooh, yes. Making a mini-game with this would be awesome!

Should I continue ripping the other things from this game? Aka the star, pointer arrow, collectible box (scavenger hunt mode), and even the car if needed.

• Like 1

Absolutely, if you have the time then please go for it! I'll take all the source assets I can get. Not that I'm committing to remaking the game, I have a number of other projects I'm already working on, but this would be a relatively small endeavor so I'd definitely like to try.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Should you go through with the remake, can you make the waypoints/collectibles coordinates, as well as the mission timer in a .txt file or something of the like so we can easily customize the routes and such? I'd imagine a hotkey to toggle coordinate display on/off in game would be needed for this to work at all (the display would be in off state by default).

Here is the music sections extracted: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y0synpmqp0nh3d4/LEGO_Supersonic_RC__Music.zip

As well as some stereo mix recorded sfx: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/440

This here is the main menu buttons and splashes extracted: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/441

And here is the ripped objects, car included: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/442

• Like 4

That music (a variation of it) was also used in Mata Nui Online Game:

Was Supersonic RC made by Templar? Or is it some music LEGO provided to multiple developers? I also recall that some music in a 90s Technic commercial was also used for a whack-a-mole type minigame on some LEGO game demo discs, with random LEGO game characters popping out of craters on a moon or something.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

The answer to that question? Well I don't think really anyone here knows that. It's something that we'd have to look into, maybe even get into contact with Templar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xiron said:

The answer to that question? Well I don't think really anyone here knows that. It's something that we'd have to look into, maybe even get into contact with Templar.

Dude. Hi. It's me, the guy who loves Templar and knows everything about them.

It is my pleasure to deliver to you this forbidden knowledge: they made Supersonic RC. They did most/all the Racers web games up til they stopped working with lego after 2004.

• Like 4

Blender scene finished, obviously it won't look like a AAA title but I didn't want to spend more than a few hours on it.

qjI8oGA.pngkeyee17af144bda1aff7bc5fc56fb

I'll work on the car next, thank you Xiron for uploading those files!

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed broken image embed

Car finished:

lycLP3T.pngkey4d1aee970fcd27bf9292240a47

0umiJIU.pngkeyc90510248b00fcd57e3b43ca4e

I didn't bother making the model any higher-poly or redrawing the textures. As I said before, if anyone by some miracle decides to build this car in LDraw, I'd happily bring that model into Blender and set it up instead for a much better quality car, but otherwise this'll do for now.

There are a couple of other things I'm working on concurrently to this project that I'd like to finish first, but after they're done I'll get to work exporting these for use in Unreal Engine and making a basic free-roam game. Hopefully I can start within a week or two.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed broken image embeds
  • Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

The fancy display with low-polyies is kinda... interesting to say the least. =P

Anyhow, there isn't much to say so I'll await your next update in a couple-o weeks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

if anyone by some miracle decides to build this car in LDraw, I'd happily bring that model into Blender and set it up instead for a much better quality car

I thought about building it in LDD, but some main parts aren't in it...

Instructions are here though for those interested: http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4215349.pdf

• Like 1

Yeah I did what I could with such a low-poly model. As for some parts being missing, I'd just need them to be built to a similar size out of smaller parts. Any flexible parts can also be left straight and I'd position the meshes myself.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know I am bumping this thread and I only registered for this, but I would like to have the map model as the download link is broken and there isn't any other download links out there. @Mysteliisn't active from what I looked at. @JimbobJeffers, if you do have the model, I would like to have it.

I've just gone through my files and my old backups too, sorry but unfortunately I don't have either the original upload or my Blender model anywhere, I guess I must have lost them on transferring to a new PC :(

Fortunately having just checked, some thoughtful soul backed it up on Archive.org! I've re-uploaded it to the RRU database [link removed]. :)

Moderator note: Removed the download link and associated file from this post as Mysteli reuploaded and relinked in OP

Edited by Slimy Slug
Removed old link
  • Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake
On 12/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, Reptorian said:

I know I am bumping this thread and I only registered for this, but I would like to have the map model as the download link is broken and there isn't any other download links out there. @Mysteliisn't active from what I looked at. @JimbobJeffers, if you do have the model, I would like to have it.

Is the drive link causing issues for you guys? I can still access it without being logged into the original account it is on.
I could fix the link, but instead I'm gonna reupload it to here on RRU. Check the first post in this thread for new link!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.