Revert to the old reputation system

Shadowblaze

While the update has made the site look sharper than ever, I think that the change regarding the like/reputation system was unwarranted and hardly an improvement. From what I could tell, people used different emoticon thingies during the first two days after RRU's return, and then just stuck with the default "like" for every occurrence I've seen since then. I find the change unpractical as most do, from what I could gather, so isn't it possible to simplify the whole thing and revert back to the old system?

I would also like to hear people's opinion on this. It's not very important in the end but I guess it's worthy of being discussed, as it's one of the core features of the site after all.

By the way, I don't mean to be rude or anything. I do think that Cyrem did a wonderful job with the new site. I just wanted to bring this up for some reason. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

I still am seeing the others used (at least "thanks" 2nd most commonly to "like"), like just happens to be the most common reaction around here.

Honestly, i don't mind keeping the new reputation system, even if there are just 2 people who ever uses anything more than "Like" i don't think it would be worth the effort to change it back.

Besides one might get used to the new system as time passes by.

• Like 2

Does it matter? large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png I agree that "Sad" and "Confused" are probably less likely to be used... but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there. And Swe took the words out of my mouth:

Besides one might get used to the new system as time passes by.

Besides, the default "Like" button is always there, working as usual  - quite possibly you could ignore the options and just carry on with RRU as normal. The options aren't intrusive, it's not like you have to click a dropdown menu, you can just mouseclick the bottom right corner of a post and it works just like RRU.

So the old reputation system is still there large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

@aidenpons I guess that's true. I just thought the available options to be a bit confusing, as you wouldn't just react with "sad" if someone posts some bad news, it's kind of bad taste in my opinion.

To whoever reacted, I like your style. large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

On 11/17/2017 at 9:50 AM, Shadowblaze said:

@aidenpons I guess that's true. I just thought the available options to be a bit confusing, as you wouldn't just react with "sad" if someone posts some bad news, it's kind of bad taste in my opinion.

Is it any better than pressing "Like?" large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png

EDIT: yes, if you re-add the image again it updates itself

I like the new reputation system. I see how they all can be used on different kind of messages. But just as @Xir said, Like will probably be used the most in a way like or agree with the post. I see the new system as an extension to the previous one, making this forum more personal and rewarding! :satisfied: 

It'd be nice to have "lego-ized" emotes instead of the generic smileys, but other than that I'm completely neutral towards the new system innit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

hey why is everyone in this tread copy pasting a colon pee emote image instead of just using the colon pee emote

Probably force of habit from when the forum was down.

Its because aiden doesn't like the new emote one so he pastes the old one everywhere.

---

Regards to the feedback, the system works as it aways did with the like button, however this reaction isn't always suitable. For example, bhphillips lost data, in this case I reacted with sad rather than like.

I don't believe all types of reactions grant repution, I believe only Thanks and Like grant a +1.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:23 PM, Red60 said:

that colon pee emote doesn't even have transparency

Give me two minutes and GIMP... right! Is this any better now?

large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png

Oddly it doesn't seem to update the previous images in this topic, despite overwriting it... what happens if I edit and reupdate them?

On 11/17/2017 at 11:46 AM, Cyrem said:

Its because aiden doesn't like the new emote one so he pastes the old one everywhere.

Guilty as charged large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.