Changing LRR Language

Rackover

Hello,

I have a retail version of LRR at home, which is in my native language (voice and text). I wondered if there was a way to switch it, to install other languages and such.
In how many languages have the voices of this game been translated in ?

lol username

These topics may be of interest:

As far as I know, it's just a matter of replacing LegoRR1.wad, and the files in Data/Sounds/Streamed/. I haven't done it myself though, and don't have the game on hand to double check.

Thanks. I thought sharing game files or parts of game files was forbidden.

Maybe we could use a big topic when everyone shares its own localized files so we could have big hub where every language is downloadable. I didnt even know there was a danish version of the game.

1 hour ago, Rackover said:

In how many languages have the voices of this game be translated ?

The Windows PC game was fully translated into Czech. Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian. Spanish, and Swedish. It also had a text translation into Korean, and an audio translation into mainland Chinese. There are also Portuguese and Taiwanese Chinese versions I know exist, but haven't been able to find anything from. Most of themyou can probably just swap the streamed files and LegoRR1 WADs out (I have most of them I can send if you need them) and possibly the text sprite sheets in LegoRR0 if the original sprite sheet doesn't have the same letters on it; the Russian and Japanese (and probably Korean) releases have unique EXEs that read the characters and font from the computer instead of sprite sheets and will crash if you aren't running a computer in that language; the Hebrew release can run with just the WADs swapped, but it'll render backwards of how it would with a Hebrew EXE.

• Like 3

That sounds interesting! I wonder how it sounds in mainland Chinese or in Russian.

Could you provide those files to me, either in PM or here ?

Maybe they should all be gathered in the same place so that people can access them freely on this website.

By the way, is the text/voice clearly separated ? Like having english text but russian audio, is that possible ?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

replace LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad in youre LRR folder whif thes. then is danish :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14TQOERxXzKZK-0sIUM7v8udaqEhhuc7y/view?usp=sharing

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana
On 3/4/2018 at 7:06 PM, Rackover said:

I have a retail version of LRR at home, which is in my native language (voice and text). I wondered if there was a way to switch it, to install other languages and such.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:40 PM, Rackover said:

Could you provide those files to me, either in PM or here ?

Maybe they should all be gathered in the same place so that people can access them freely on this website.

By the way, is the text/voice clearly separated ? Like having english text but russian audio, is that possible ?

On 8/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, Tudekiks said:

Can you still provide the Danish files :)?

@Rackover @Tudekiks We've actually been working on a language pack recently, along with a language select.  To answer the last question from the second Rackover quote, yes.  You can have English text with Russian audio (to use your example).

--------------------------------------------------

On 3/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, Jessietail said:

... the Russian and Japanese (and probably Korean) releases have unique EXEs that read the characters and font from the computer instead of sprite sheets and will crash if you aren't running a computer in that language ...

@Jessietail Unless I missed the memo somewhere, Russian does not do this. 

Russian-LRR-works-fine.png

It clearly reads from the font sheets in the game's assets since it works out of the box on my end.  

(I looked around and sure enough they're there)

As for Korean, well... stay tuned ;)

• 3 months later...

By the power of necromantic keyboard running on power crystals I hereby ressurrect this thread by saying: I got a copy of the original game disc with the swedish sound files if anyone would be interested in those.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I too would very much be interested in the Swedish sound files. Have the original disc but at this time I can't find it as I recently moved. If I know myself correctly I've put it somewhere secure as the disc is quite valuable. I did find the (swedish) manual however.

Since most of the activity have moved over to Discord I'm not visiting this site more than a few times each year. If you want to come in contact with me regarding the swedish sound files, hit me up on the RRU or ManicMiners discord server. @elling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.