Old pages missing

astrokid12

Chances are the topics still exist but they're hidden in some admin-only subforum or something like that. Upon closer inspection, I can't seem to find a dedicated Lego Worlds subforum... @Cyrem or @Cirevam should be able to sort it out.

Those topics look like Lego Worlds, in which case they may be out of date. I'm not sure if we even still have a .dat unpacker as LW kept changing its .dat format. Still, we can hope, and in any case it would be nice to have those pages up again.

Also, welcome to RRU!

The entire Lego Worlds modding subforum was dunked into The Junkyard section some time ago after it was revealed that the game was rendered immune to modding attempts. The topics still exist but are pointless now. I can bring it up with the other moderators, but the topics would only serve as artifacts of the past.

LW is still completely able to be modded.  I've done several unpacks of the game.  The only problem is that you have to repack it before you can use the mods, because it won't run extracted.  It uses the standard ttgames.bms script.

As far as I recall those mods were extremely basic; just changing numbers. In the case of free treasure chests, that was setting something more or less like "can be placed" to TRUE, and then voila, it showed up in-game as a placeable prop. I didn't pay too much attention to the other topics, but I also recall they were basically changing numbers, and texture modding was just swapping out one texture file with another one. It shouldn't be too hard to work out how to do them again!

On 9/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, astrokid12 said:

LW is still completely able to be modded.  I've done several unpacks of the game.  The only problem is that you have to repack it before you can use the mods, because it won't run extracted.  It uses the standard ttgames.bms script.

The mods you're looking for might be totally out of date as they were for the early access LW - and then again, they might not. If you can unpack the files to mod it, you're welcome to create a nice tutorial how to mod it (it's perpetually confusing) and pioneer new research!

Yeah, a lot of mods work pretty much like you described, but I've only actually figured out a small set of possibilities (mostly limited to player speed, jump height, and gravity).  Based on the look of the files, I highly doubt things have changed too much since these tutorials were made.  And, while I may be able to slowly struggle through and figure out these things on my own, it would be a very long and tedious process since I don't have much time to put toward this and I'm not all that great with modding.  I've spent countless hours trying to figure out some of these things already, but that's just not my forte.  And, besides, @Cirevam said that the topics still exist, so why bother completely rediscovering perfectly good information?

Quisoves Potoo
3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

As far as I recall those mods were extremely basic; just changing numbers. In the case of free treasure chests, that was setting something more or less like "can be placed" to TRUE, and then voila, it showed up in-game as a placeable prop. I didn't pay too much attention to the other topics, but I also recall they were basically changing numbers, and texture modding was just swapping out one texture file with another one. It shouldn't be too hard to work out how to do them again!

The mods you're looking for might be totally out of date as they were for the early access LW - and then again, they might not. If you can unpack the files to mod it, you're welcome to create a nice tutorial how to mod it (it's perpetually confusing) and pioneer new research!

I seem to recall some fairly impressive projects. If nothing else, I was able to port characters from LEGO Batman 3.

On 9/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, Cirevam said:

The entire Lego Worlds modding subforum was dunked into The Junkyard section some time ago after it was revealed that the game was rendered immune to modding attempts. The topics still exist but are pointless now. I can bring it up with the other moderators, but the topics would only serve as artifacts of the past.

For my part, I'd appreciate being able to view them, even if they were all locked.

I brought it back and restricted everyone from posting in it (even myself) until the rest of the mods come to a consensus that's more than "oh, that game? Huh."

• Like 3

Awesome!  Thanks!  As soon as you're able to get a consensus there, I should be able to make a fairly basic post about the current modding process.  Until then, though, this stuff should be pretty useful for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.