A Bold New Command Response Game

Leumeister

Should I list possible responses as well, or just let you guys wing it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I list possible responses as well, or just let you guys wing it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe list some possible responses upon request?

Yep. A new command/response game. I'm inspired, okay?! :P

Now the rules. I will lay them out as clearly and concisely as possible.

1. You may only post commands. I will provide the response.
  2. Only one command and a time.
  3. Be as specific as you can.

Hints:

1. Anything could be of significance.
  2. Take great note of the described surroundings.
  3. Most importantly, try not to die.

And now. The game.

Your eyes flutter open, with the feel of something kind of gummy on your lashes. You feel wet. But strangely warm.

Spoiler

Oh right, this is a new forum game, I get it! Kinda like a text based adventure game where we provide the input and you provide the output? (What happens if you're away for a month?)

I look around the room, because that's the first thing you should do in any game. Any chests containing useful items hiding behind the player's start position? (I've played too many TT games... every time a level starts in any game I immediately turn round to see if anything lies behind me :P )

Spoiler

That was a bit of a long command; do you want classic Zork-like "MOVE NORTH" "PICK UP SWORD" "GET IN BOAT" or is a little lengthier command what you had in mind?

Spoiler

Lengthier is fine. Sometimes the more specific you make it the better.)

You lift your head and scan your surroundings. You're in a dimly lit room with empty capsules with frosted glass lining each wall, most of them broken. There is a lot of debris on the floor. A red light is flashing down an open door with a few large joists hanging from the ceiling blocking it.

You look over at the capsules, and try to get up, pushing yourself up with your hands. However, you feel a sharp pain in your right palm, the floor feeling very slick. And also warm. You fall to the ground, your hands slipping out from under you. You feel another sharp pain, as well as a jarring impact, when your chin hits the ground. You hear a sharp, sporadic clicking sound a few moments afterwards.

You lie there and drum your fingers on the floor with your good hand, beating yourself up over not being careful. The stuff on the floor feels slick and viscous. And also warm.

Edited by Rock Raider fan no.1
Fixed some of the wording

O.T. Really?

The viscous, slick, and also warm substance on the floor catches your attention. Your curiosity piqued, all good sense is thrown out the window as you extend your tongue close to the floor.

You are greeted to a sharp, bitter, part alcoholic and acidic taste. It's also warm. All good sense is brought back, and you expectorate the taste out of your mouth with a sharp report.

You probably shouldn't do something like that again. It was probably toxic.

I rifle through my pockets, mostly just to pass the time since it appears I'm incapitated. You never know; there could be a "Full Health Restore" lying around in my backpack. (Do I even have a backpack? Am I allowed to summon one from across the transdimensional ether? Can I conjure one using the powers of imagination? If so, is there a handy Notion Potion?)

Spoiler

You probably shouldn't do something like that again. It was probably toxic.

You must be new to RRU's forum games; the more stupid stuff happening, the better. :P If you're looking for something a little more up to date, well,  RRU hasn't changed much. See also Space Station 13, but I don't know enough to comment on that. :P

• Like 1

You reach down to where a pocket might be, but only find some tight fabric. It's wet and gummy. And also warm. You're fairly sure you're not incapacitated. The pain from hitting the floor has subsided, but your hand still stings.

Spoiler

Actually, I'm not. I've made two attempts of C/R games before, and participated in them before. I've seen, though not much, if the stupid stuff. :P Someone told me to bite the player character's hand. I complied. There wasn't anything else to do. :P

Don't you have any questions about what's going on? Try and explore!

The thought crosses your mind, but you quickly dismiss it as a bad idea. You don't even know why your hand stings. It could be anything, but odds are it's not serious enough to perform an amputation.

Spoiler

I still have some control over the situation. I must save everyone from their own stu-- uhh... Poor choices. :P

Quisoves Potoo

I endeavor to clear the timber that is blocking the door, in the hope that I can eventually acquire the latest edition of the Polonius and Strunk Thesaurus.

Spoiler

Space Station 13, you say? I know a thing or two about that. PM me if you're interested.

You shaking, and with difficulty from the slick floor, attempt to get up. You're successful this time around, and carefully, if a bit sorely, approach the fallen joists blocking the exit. You grab hold of a bar in one of the joists. Your right hand stings badly, but you grit your teeth and pull as hard as you can. It shifts slightly before your hands fly unceremoniously away, the slick, viscous, and also warm substance lubricating your hands. Your feet also fly out from underneath you, and you end up back on the floor again, thankfully.

You wonder if you can somehow get rid of whatever is coating you. And why it's so warm.

Spoiler

Warehouse 13 makes me think of VR Chat. A place that can be so much fun, because anything can happen. But, like VR Chat, I'm afraid to join because anything could happen..! '-'

There is nothing to actually gnaw on, as it is more of a liquid than a solid. Besides, you're pretty sure it's toxic, and you have better things you could be doing, and even better things you could be gnawing! But you do wonder why it's all over you and the floor, and why it's also warm.

Quisoves Potoo

I search the debris for anything that might be of use.

Spoiler

Space Station 13 can be wild, to be sure, but it's not like you'll be swept away, and I'll happily show you the ropes.

You crane your neck around, trying to distinguish the edges of objects. It's mostly just glass, but you spot a few things that aren't glass. It might be a good idea to get up to get a better look.

Spoiler

Maybe. I'll think about it.

Twisting around, you prop yourself on your elbow to help prop yourself up and take another look around. Things are clearer, and yes it's mostly glass. However, there are a few items of interest. You, shakily, cautiously get to your feet. One item in particular catches your eye.

A rectangular object, with a crack in one of its corners, in what seems to be the only place where there isn't that slick, viscous, and also warm, fluid. A green light is flashing on one side.

Okay, so this seems to have died in infancy, but thankfully before things got too dense and wacky...

Anyone willing to prove me wrong? :P

Spoiler

Well, waddaya know... Proven wrong. :P

You pick up the rectangle. It's flat, and smooth. The blinking light looks enticing. However, you don't seem to have a loot bag on you, nor do you think you should trade it for anything...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.