Hello

TheOtterWay

Hello everyone,
i'm just coming back to this masterpiece of a game that was RR (at least in my child's brain back in the days ?) and so i installed it again on my computer.

I just checked some posts to run the game on my windows 10, and didn't plan at first to create an account, but i got motivated by 2 things.
First, and i don't know why, after doing the d3drm and 16bit color stuff, my game was running, but it's actually a bit laggy and the 3D models are not well rendered. Everything except the environnement is badly rendered, from the lil spiders to the vehicles :'( I don't rly know how to fix that since i never had that problem before, but i hope someone could help me with this. Also i am surprised the FPS are low, my computer is not a formula 1 for sure, but i can still play games like FTL with decent FPS, and i assume a game from the 90's shouldn't be a problem :/

Second, i discovered the Cave Raider project, and i just wanted to create an account to interact and see how it evolves :D
Anyway, maybe i won't be ultra active (life is unfair), but since i didn't find yet how to solve my prob and wanted to interact for modding stuff, i am here :) 

also i have some screencaps to illustrate my issue for people who might be interested in helping me :) 

Are you sure you weren't looking the otter way when it came to the support section? I think this'll do it nicely:

Second, i discovered the Cave Raider project, and i just wanted to create an account to interact and see how it evolves :D

if I know much about Cave Raiders it probably won't :P I'd love to be proven wrong though!

wanted to interact for modding stuff,

Just say the word! :P

Welcome to RRU! There's no need to be hyperactive, explore at your own pace, o Otter.

• Like 1

Yup, definitly didn't look at this topic, thx for indicating it to me :D

And how sad for Cave Raiders, it looked great :'( but i guess there are other great stuff here ;)

Welcome to the community! Thanks for stopping in.

19 hours ago, TheOtterWay said:

my game was running, but it's actually a bit laggy

It does that in fullscreen on Windows 10, you can get around it by running RR through windowed mode.

19 hours ago, aidenpons said:

if I know much about Cave Raiders it probably won't :P I'd love to be proven wrong though! 

There's that new topic he made in November, I'd say it's been recently active. Not sure whats happening in the discord though as I haven't joined it.

4 hours ago, Cyrem said:

There's that new topic he made in November, I'd say it's been recently active. Not sure whats happening in the discord though as I haven't joined it.

Wait, what'd I miss? ?This is all I know of? :0

On 1/16/2019 at 2:09 AM, Cyrem said:

Welcome to the community! Thanks for stopping in.

It does that in fullscreen on Windows 10, you can get around it by running RR through windowed mode.

So now, my game is running well and good with voodoo, and in full screen (tho i can't alt+tab to another program or it switch to the small sized window i can't change without restarting the game :/ )

I am having a last issue, i dled cafeteria and some mods, but when i try to launch RR via Cafeteria, there is a error message popping. Even when i uncheck all the options in the settings of Cafeteria ("Apply Mods" fe), there is that error message popping, but it starts non the less the mode selection, same as when i start the game directly via the LegoRR app. So i can play, but i can't apply any of the mods i took to try them out (just picked some high poly models).

The error message is titled Microsoft .NET Framework, tho i checked my version and it's updated (that's to say 4.7.2). The details feature these logs, but i don't understand very well so I don't know what i have to fix :/

details of the error message :

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.InvalidOperationException: La séquence ne contient aucun élément correspondant.
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   à ProjecktBistro.MainWin.btnLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cafeteria
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/LEGO%20Media/Jeux/Rock%20Raiders/Cafeteria.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3314.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Version Win32 : 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

18 hours ago, TheOtterWay said:

I am having a last issue, i dled cafeteria and some mods, but when i try to launch RR via Cafeteria, there is a error message popping.

Interesting, is your game in french or english?

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Interesting, is your game in french or english?

In French, it's my native langage, and i bought this game on a french site some years ago, to play it again (still used windows XP like 3 or 4 ago), and by luck kept the exe to install it on my google drive.
If you tell me iit only works with english version of the game, i'll get one :)

9 hours ago, TheOtterWay said:

If you tell me iit only works with english version of the game, i'll get one :) 

That could be the case, I'm not sure. I haven't got a french version to test it with.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:58 AM, Cyrem said:

That could be the case, I'm not sure. I haven't got a french version to test it with.

Do you want me to share u the exe to test with it ? Still have it, but I'll understand you don't have much time for this ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.