Installing Legoland on 64bit Windows

Samah

Hi there!

I am a complete noob when it comes to gaming/computers however I wanted to play LEGOLAND on my Windows 10 Home 64bit laptop. 

Please could someone point me in the direction of a guide/thread? I tried doing a search but couldn't find one.

Thanks!

Hi Samah,

What is currently the issue with the game? Is it crashing, not starting? or is it that you can't install it? Just need a little more information as to what is happening with your game. I use Windows 10 x64 as well and don't really have any issues playing it.

If it's that you can't Install it, use @le717's alternative installer: https://github.com/le717/LEGOLAND-Alternate-Installer/releases

Have you tried any of the compatibilty modes for Windows XP or older? If you are unsure what this is: right click on the LegoLand EXE file (found in the folder you installed the game to), then go to 'Properties', then the 'Compatibility' tab. Select an older Windows system and perhap enable "Reduced Color Mode"... setting it to 16bit.

Hi! 

So I was having trouble with installing the game. 

However I downloaded the alternative installer that you directed me to which has downloaded fine. However when I tried to run the installer I get an error message saying 'no optical drive was found on your computer'. After a lot of trying I managed to get the game to download whilst something else was mounted in the E drive. 

I then managed to start the game and it skips all the beginning cut scenes and goes straight to the clipboard where you type in your name and create a user profile. I can then click through to the first level intro where Jonathan reads the level 1 instructions however then when I tried to start playing level 1 the game crashes and my desktop returns to its normal resolution etc. I've tried a few times and on one occasion I got an error message that said the graphics card couldn't load the game. 

Any advice?

Try running Legoland.exe in compatibility mode and as an admin.

Additionally, it's probably a good idea to install Legoland outside of Program Files.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Cyrem said:

Hi Samah,

What is currently the issue with the game? Is it crashing, not starting? or is it that you can't install it? Just need a little more information as to what is happening with your game. I use Windows 10 x64 as well and don't really have any issues playing it.

If it's that you can't Install it, use @le717's alternative installer: https://github.com/le717/LEGOLAND-Alternate-Installer/releases

Have you tried any of the compatibilty modes for Windows XP or older? If you are unsure what this is: right click on the LegoLand EXE file (found in the folder you installed the game to), then go to 'Properties', then the 'Compatibility' tab. Select an older Windows system and perhap enable "Reduced Color Mode"... setting it to 16bit.

Thanks so much!! This fixed the problem and everything is working normally now :)

• 11 months later...

hi, could you please let me know what site you downloaded the game from because the one i downloaded is not installing

I keep getting the message "Legoland cannot initialize graphics hardware

• 2 months later...
Finn Klein Brinke
On 1/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Cyrem said:

Hi Samah,

omg thank you so much, i lost the cd a while ago and found a download on the internet last week, but it didnt work because of the 16-bit. And i download via this link and it works! Thanks man, gonna play this alot again, it brings alot of memories..

• 5 weeks later...
Legolandnostalgia

Hello, I have managed to get this installed but for some reason, no matter which combinations I use for compatibility mode, it doesn’t work. It seems to almost enter the game and then the screen will turn black and a sound (sort of sparkling sound) plays in a loop like it is hung up. It just gets frozen. I tried downloading the codec too. I downloaded the game from the main site and the one from here. I couldn’t install the one from the main site but after downloading the one from here the one from the other site installed which was interesting. But I’ve tried what feels like everything; both get stuck on the black screen with the sparkling sound like a broken record. 
Im starting to think it’s impossible to play this game, it seems like everyone managed to get it to work so I’m quite disappointed. I’ve even had two people helping me. Could it be my computer?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

try install the ddraw.dll file then put it into the folder you installed the game if it still doesnt work then use dgvoodoo2

• 2 months later...
Castlelizard94

So can anyone help me I get the game to load but only to the loading screen with the clock going and the picture of the people with the rides in the background and it goes no further. When I CTRL+ALT+DEL and try to task bar it shows a completely black screen with the clock in the top still going. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix to get the game to actually fully load? Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm trying to install the game too, but I can't seem to work around my laptop giving me the error  'No optical drive found on your computer'. I saw Samah had a fix that worked, but I'm not super skilled with computers, and I couldn't get it to work. Does anyone have a work around for that error?

UPDATE:

I got the game to finally work :)!! It was a little confusing on how I did it, but it worked perfectly.  I downloaded the alternate installer from Github provided earlier in this thread, but my laptop doesn't have a disk drive so it wouldn't boot. So, I downloaded a virtual disk drive from https://www.elby.ch/en/products/vcd.html so my laptop would have a imitation disk drive. Then it asked me for the CD, which I didn't have :(. I was stumped here for a while, but I came up with the idea to download a cracked iso and mounted it to the virtual disk drive. Then I ran the alternate installer, and it worked perfectly :) I installed and set up the game, and then set the compatibility setting like said earlier in the thread, and I ran the game and it all works! I hope this helps anyone like me who was on a long endeavor to play this classic childhood game again!

Edited by INH
Solved the problem

I too got this game to work recently with an alternative installer, but I quickly became bored of it. Guess I have been spoilt with more modern games and theme park simulators. For it's time though, this was a great game. I much prefer games like Lego Racers 2.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

hello i download the alternate legoland but it keep crashing i try the abandoneware and oldgames download but it keep saying this app cant run on your pc

This worked for me:

For windows 11 (DO ALL AS ADMIN):
Step 1: Install WineVDM (https://github.com/otya128/winevdm, right side on releases and download latest version).
Step 2: Download the legacy installer (Has been posted already, https://dl.myabandonware.com/t/OjDTlfKr8c8X2AjX5dF8EA1j02CPEHdKvZ56h0LUAW5LjbaP63/LEGOLAND_Fix_Win_EN_Alternate-Installer.zip)
Step 3: Mount the iso using WinCDEmu-4.1 (https://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/download/, Maybe other iso mount also work, i dont know).
Step 4: Open the Legacy Installer as admin, it should recognize the Legoland iso. Install it but dont open legoland yet in the last step!
Step 5: Make sure the shortcut opens the game in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3 worked for me) and as Admin. You may need to also do as 16-bit.
Step 6: Have fun!!!

As other said, it can be you need to move DLL's or install the audio codec provided above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.