Cirevam

After realizing how plentiful Planet U's resources were, the Rock Raiders sent another excursion to the hostile world (while being better prepared this time!), hoping to start a more permanent mining colony. Freight trains were considered in order to haul large amounts of minerals, but a smaller tram-like design was chosen instead, as it would be easier to create tunnels for them to move. It did not take long after the first few trams were up and running on Planet U to realize that the locals did not like them at all. Trams and their tracks were subject to more frequent attacks. Quick repairs led to a haphazard appearance on each individual tram and, eventually, elevated tracks in larger caverns made the attacks less frequent. It all paid off as mineral shipments went through at ridiculous speeds compared to previous missions.

large.IMG_0013low.jpg.f6885b943ef8cb6510

large.IMG_0017low.jpg.80ce9eaae6d28496d0

large.IMG_0020low.jpg.4d94899162c94f7f2a

More:

Spoiler

large.IMG_0021low.jpg.c4392a5c4d82c5b6c2

large.IMG_0014low.jpg.d7cd2775c2cb925a64

large.IMG_0015low.jpg.d84f2397aee62d8018

large.IMG_0016low.jpg.d2028115188d7c10f1

large.IMG_0019low.jpg.a6a334e4097cc18c10

Nice MOC! Something like this would have been a really cool addition to the original Headquarters set, like a modular addition where the train went to the refinery.

Is that a Power Miners rollcage I see in the front? Heretic! okay I did the same thing a little while back

I do like the plates on the side; they look like armor plating. Also I want to see this thing run over a Small Spider

Ore pieces are annoyingly large compared to how they appear in LRR; well done on making something that can hold three of them! Are you planning to also build something that can pick ore up and put it in the tram?

On 3/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Cirevam said:

Forgive my crappy cellphone camera. 

It's.... pretty bad. The other pictures with the flash are a lot better, though.

• 11 months later...

Hey it's been almost exactly a year since I posted this thread. Here's a video and some better pictures replacing the trash in the OP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.