LEGO Island Rebuilder

MattKC

LEGO Island is one of my favorite childhood games and I thought it'd be a fun project to do some hacking/modding. I've consolidated all my patches so far into one tool: the LEGO Island Rebuilder. It's a LEGO Island launcher/mod tool that currently does the following things:

o9wN3B9.png

* Set turn and movement speeds. If you're sick of turning too fast on modern PCs, use this to slow it down to a more sane speed (or turn up the movement speed to cheat in races).

* Set windowed/full screen mode without editing the registry/administrator privileges (software rendering modes only)

* Keep the game active even when defocused (windowed mode only)

* Extract and insert music. No sound effects yet, but all music can be replaced with other music of any length or quality.

* Doesn't require administrator privileges to run

* Patches at runtime - doesn't permanently modify any files.

* Can redirect LEGO Island's save files to %APPDATA% so the game doesn't require administrator privileges either (September build only)

* Supports Windows 98+ (requires .NET Framework 2.0)

Obviously this is a work-in-progress (and your mileage may vary depending on your setup), but check it out if you're interested in LEGO Island! http://itsmattkc.com/rebuilder

Mr. Skeltal

I have been keeping an eye on progress on this tool for a good bit.

Glad to see it up publically for all to use and enjoy.

I tested the tool myself, and it works perfectly. This, combined with ZANTHERA's video on how to run the game in HD make for the definative way to play the game on modern systems.

Thank you for all of the time you have spent making the tool. I look forward to future update's.

Great! Now I have an excuse to actually get LI1 working on my machines again.... it kinda broke when I was fiddling with some of the parameters :P

Nice stuff!

MineTimelapser

Wonderful tool! This makes the races so much better!

Was trying out the music injection and I can't seem to get it to work: replacing any track causes all music to go silent. Have you encountered this before? I'm trying to reproduce what causes it, but it seems to do the same regardless.

• 11 months later...

On 5/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, MineTimelapser said:

Wonderful tool! This makes the races so much better!

Was trying out the music injection and I can't seem to get it to work: replacing any track causes all music to go silent. Have you encountered this before? I'm trying to reproduce what causes it, but it seems to do the same regardless.

Almost a year late, but... The music injection should work now with this PR!

https://github.com/itsmattkc/LEGOIslandRebuilder/pull/14

Ready to merge and compile!

If not, you can send me your LEGO1.DLL located in the game's root folder.

• 1 year later...
berry-pepper-roni

heyo

i can't message you but i have a question or 2

it's about lego island 1. not technical question, but just a question-question....eRrR thing

if you want to know more, my discord is

dingleberrYEE (Berry)#8813

:)

(please help me with this)

• 3 months later...

Hey, so I've been trying to get this and the original lego island working along with the rebuilder. I was looking at a github forum for another error I've since fixed. But now it's just sitting on a black screen with the mouse loading icon. I've made sure everything is in the windows 95 compatability mode and made sure that it's all set to run as administrator. Ran the config.exe and made sure the settings matched. And at this point I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong.  My disk reader is old so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Update: if I tab out and tab back in, the Hourglass becomes a not allowed sign. 🚫

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 5/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, Glisp said:

hello there. I am having an issue with the rebuilder. When I attempt to run it while in the Lego island directory, it gives me this error:

https://imgur.com/a/eZ6FUS5

I get a similar error when trying to launch Lego Island using rebuilder (I'm using rebuilder to fix a problem I already have, which I've discussed in the article below.)

I hate how complicated it is to get Lego Island on Windows 10..... And I'm 13- almost 14.

unknown.png

VideoJames
On 5/29/2022 at 1:54 PM, berry-pepper-roni said:

I get a similar error when trying to launch Lego Island using rebuilder (I'm using rebuilder to fix a problem I already have, which I've discussed in the article below.)

I hate how complicated it is to get Lego Island on Windows 10..... And I'm 13- almost 14.

unknown.png

Did you ever figure this out? Getting the same error

• 2 weeks later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 6/5/2022 at 5:05 PM, VideoJames said:

Did you ever figure this out? Getting the same error

No. I've decided not to use any patches.

I still haven't gotten my game to work regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
ExplodedLego

hey, can you put a media fire or meganz link, because itch.io and github is blocked on my pc and this sounds amazing and i want to play it but i cant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.