LRR:CE crashes

ChrrromeCrushah

ChrrromeCrushah

As discussed in the discord.

PC:

GTX 1080 Driver version 441.08

Windows 10 enterprise 18363.476 (1909)

playing at 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) 125% DPI scaling

I successfully played through the level Frozen Frenzy with just the DGvoodoo to make things playable. I did experience a few crashes here and there, but they were just random and not at all reproducible. Just rock raiders being RR.

I then found the CE edition and launched it. hoped into my favorite level to run through it like the good old days. Cleared out the first area, got my support station up and running.

Once I open the next new area. give it a few minutes (between 2 and 5) and it will crash when something happens. 3 times it was at "A landslide has occ.." and the game is just strait back to the desktop. Once was right as a stick of dynamite was going off.

On time 4 i had switched from the DGVoodoo to the DDrawCompat as recommended by cryem.

So far this is 100% reproducable, i can get a video if you like, the crash is pretty broing to watch though, no error or anything. just shuts down.
Here is the event viewer log for what i assume is the crash, as its within the 5 minute window of when it crashed.

Faulting application name: LegoRRCE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x37ef49e9
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0xa4208572
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003e00d
Faulting process id: 0x487c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a185c7e9a910
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders2\LegoRRCE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: e2dce9c0-795f-4e2d-8cc9-a56dbc8c1514
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• 2 years later...
BurmecianFox

Having the same issue, specifically with dynamite. Unmodded game functions fine, but every time a TNT pack ticks down from 4 to 3, it crashes instantly

Running Win10 at 1920x1080, AMD Radeon R9 200 graphics card

12 hours ago, BurmecianFox said:

Having the same issue, specifically with dynamite. Unmodded game functions fine, but every time a TNT pack ticks down from 4 to 3, it crashes instantly

Running Win10 at 1920x1080, AMD Radeon R9 200 graphics card

Hmm, I wonder if Extended Dynamite Countdown (thread) will do anything to help that. It might do nothing, but it also might do something.

(As for the other crashes - I have no idea. LRR is unstable at best, but I seem to notice a significant increase in crash rates when using LRRCE)

BurmecianFox
12 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Hmm, I wonder if Extended Dynamite Countdown (thread) will do anything to help that. It might do nothing, but it also might do something.

(As for the other crashes - I have no idea. LRR is unstable at best, but I seem to notice a significant increase in crash rates when using LRRCE)

That actually fixed it, along with potentially installing the CE Core mod that I somehow missed

BurmecianFox
On 1/7/2022 at 3:16 AM, BurmecianFox said:

That actually fixed it, along with potentially installing the CE Core mod that I somehow missed

Well, I thought it did. Sometimes it works, sometimes it still crashes. Still only seems to happen when the timer hits 3... bug with the raiders' panic, maybe?

I'm not sure how but I tried editing a value in lego.cfg and it actually worked. I went to the value for DynamiteRadius and changed it from 400.0 to 10.0 and the game no longer crashes. Raiders will deploy, panic and run from, and take damage from Dynamite as normal, walls will be damaged as normal.

I changed it in both the Data and DataSource folders since I'm not sure which one LRRCE uses as its base and so far it seems to have caused no issues

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.