Childhood rediscovery

Radion

Hello everybody, I'm Dorian, also known as Radion or Doc online, I'm currently 15 and come from Croatia (European country east of Italy).

I just started introducing myself to the online world for more than just flash games and youtube. First thing was Mario Kart Wii and DS with the online server Wiimmfi, and today I have decided to create an account here in RRU. I actually discovered the site much earlier than today from a video about Lego Stunt Rally by Vectrex4Life which I watched 3 years ago.

Anyway, you might be wondering about why did I mention the Mario kart thing here? That's mostly because one day I imagine an online play for a game like Lego Racers to be posible if its ever remade. But for now, I'll just stay offline to this game. I also came here to try and make custom track models, but I'm still very unfamiliar with programming and other stuff like that. I have tried to collab in ct creation in Mario Kart, but the tracks never got finished.

I want to contribute in some way, but dont know where to start. I hope to find new friends here, as well as improve my english speaking and programming ability. Hope everybody's having a good time and cya later ?

Heya and welcome! I haven't played Stunt Rally myself but there should be a lot of modding resources in the subforum for Stunt Rally.

There is currently one fan project regarding Lego Racers that isn't completely dead, which you can find here, I'm pretty sure the dev said there's be online play. As far as I can tell, it's been in development since 2016 after a re-branding, but on hold for a while now, not sure how well development is actually going. If that project doesn't go through I would definitely be interested in trying to do a proper Lego Racers 3 after I finish my Rock Raiders remake. 

I think a good way to start out with the forums is listing more of your Lego interests! This entire site is dedicated to retro Lego games and themes, there has to be more things you are interested in :) There is also a RRU Discord channel which you can join when you've been around for a while (10 comments/posts, but don't spam) where the discussions are a bit more lively. The forums are better suited for research/modding discussions these days. Do not be afraid to post any questions! 

Welcome to RRU, Radion!

On 2/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Radion said:

I actually discovered the site much earlier than today from a video about Lego Stunt Rally by Vectrex4Life which I watched 3 years ago.

Ah yes, Vectrex4Life. He hasn't done much in a long time but his reviews of ancient Lego games are well worth watching XD. Lego Friends is particularly worth watching, can reccommend to absolutely anyone.

I also came here to try and make custom track models, but I'm still very unfamiliar with programming and other stuff like that

Unfortunately Lego Racers modding hasn't got very far - a custom track was made (the LRR test track) but very painfully, by specifying individual verticies AFAIK (or was that the custom Small Transport Truck?). LR2 modding is even more barebones, but Yellowberry was working on some fun stuff for Stunt Rally, so maybe that'll get somewhere

I want to contribute in some way, but dont know where to start

Just hang around! RRU, as you may have seen, can be quite slowly, so don't ever feel you have to get anything done. That also means that sometimes progress on things can be slow....

as well as improve my english speaking and programming ability.

Your English is great!

Welcome to RRU!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.