Config Queries

The_Wanderer_HTL

The_Wanderer_HTL

Upon realizing that LEGO Rock Raiders has a config, I started messing around with it. Started by making bats not scare and spiders not trip. Vastly improves game play. I also tried to make lasers not deplete crystals (to make them usable) as well as increase range and power, and decrease firing time. The mining laser no longer drains crystals, but it still takes a full three seconds to recharge. It also takes nearly a dozen shots to destroy hard rock. When I tried to use the Chrome Crusher's laser to defend against a rock monster, it drained all of my crystals. What do I need to do to make all of the lasers not drain and increase their range and power? How do I decrease recharge time?

On the note of laser drainage, I have Cafeteria and the Improvements Pack, but the IP crashes my game on every level, no matter what. I really want to be able to arm my guys with laser beams without losing my entire crystal cache. Is there a way to fix that in the config?

Here are some lazer types from Time Raiders. I am tooting my own horn here (Dr. Doom toots as he pleases) as I tried to make an example of every possible thing. It might as well be "Tech Demo Raiders." The drilling lazer fires rapidly with low damage to monsters. Use that as a base. I believe the time units are in game ticks here, which is 25 ticks per second. Distance units translate to 40 per tile, so 1000 is well over 20 tiles. You can move the camera very far away and hit things across the map, but the laser stops rendering after 700-800 units as the vehicle is culled for being too far from the camera.

Spoiler

SmallLazer { ; drilling lazer
            SlowDeath        1.0:3.0
            DefaultDamage        1.0
            RechargeTime        0.1
            WeaponRange        125.0
            WallDestroyTime_Hard    200.0
            WallDestroyTime_Medium    120.0
            WallDestroyTime_Loose    60.0
            DischargeRate        0.0

;            Pilot            1.0:0.6:0.3:0.2
        }

MediumLazer { ; healing lazer
            SlowDeath        1.0:1.0
            DefaultDamage        -25.0
            RechargeTime        30.0
            WeaponRange        200.0
            WallDestroyTime_Hard    10.5
            WallDestroyTime_Medium    7.0
            WallDestroyTime_Loose    3.5
            DischargeRate        0.5 ; there's a tradeoff for being able to add health

}

HowitzerLazer { ; ANTI EVERYTHING
            SlowDeath        1.0:3.0
            DefaultDamage        500.0; some enemies have more than 100 health
            RechargeTime        200.0
            WeaponRange        1000.0 ; it's called a howitzer for a reason
            WallDestroyTime_Hard    0.1
            WallDestroyTime_Medium    0.1
            WallDestroyTime_Loose    0.1
            DischargeRate        1.0 ; use bombs wisely

}

Standard hand lazers are handled differently. Their entries in WeaponTypes { defines their shot behavior but does not affect damage. Damage is defined in the monster entries. Go to RockMonster { and compare the values to the ones below. In TR, pusher beams are the main weapon as you can adjust their range and they are not affected by the Infinite Crystal Drain Glitch. Freezers can have increased range, too. You can't really adjust the range of LaserShot (the one-hit kill laser). I've tried and raiders will deliberately fire just outside of its max range every time.

Spoiler

; Statistics about the weapons
            CanBeShotAt        TRUE
            CanFreeze        TRUE
            FreezerTime        25.0
            FreezerDamage        10.0
            CanLaser        TRUE
            LaserDamage        5.0
            CanPush            TRUE
            PusherDist        2.0
            PusherDamage        25.0

The handheld shot weapontypes. RechargeTime is pointless as rounds-per-minute is defined by the shooting animation. I made a shooting animation that's only five frames long and the raider fires its weapon five times per second under optimal conditions (multiple monsters need to be nearby or it doesn't fire quickly for some reason). I have not found a way to make shots go faster, but accuracy improves if you edit the firing animations so the shot comes out earlier. The rapid firing raider is very accurate since it fires on frame 2 or 3 of its animation. Standard raiders shoot on frame 14.

Spoiler

Pusher {
            DefaultDamage        5.0
            WeaponRange        250.0
            RechargeTime        0.1
            Ammo            400
        }

LaserShot {
            DefaultDamage        5.0
            WeaponRange        50.0
            RechargeTime        0.1
        }

Freezer {
            DefaultDamage        1.0
            RechargeTime        0.1
            WeaponRange        250.0

}

8 hours ago, The_Wanderer_HTL said:

Which vehicles have which laser?

This is handled in the relevant .ae files, which you can find under Vehicles\<VehicleName>\<VehicleName.ae> They're a monstrous mess but if you check up the top you should find something like this: (this is taken from LMLP.ae)

Spoiler

Upgrades {

Level0000 {	
			; '000' represents a three bit binary number for each type of upgrade...
			; All the parts in every section will be removed when any other level is selected...
			; Format (No spaces are allowed in the second column:
			; <Upgrade part (defined in Lego.cfg)>	[TAB]	<Null object name>,<Null instance (1-n)>
			;	Object			Null

Small_laser			mdt,1,SmallLazer
				Light				SMLP_LightNULL,1
				Light				SMLP_LightNULL,2
;			LASERPULSES			LASERP_NULL,1

}

The important bit is the line

Small_laser			mdt,1,SmallLazer

This defines the Small_laser model to be put on the null mdt, first instance of said null, and then the actual bit you want: the WeaponType used, so SmallLazer.

I just checked and the:
- Small Mobile Laser Cutter uses the SmallLazer

- Chrome Crusher uses the MediumLazer

- Large Mobile Laser Cutter uses the BigLazer

- Mining Laser (Gunstation) uses the ... BigLazer, according to its .ae file? That's very odd, I remember editing the Gunstation WeaponType in the .cfg and that changed the Gunstation in-game. So I'm not sure on this one

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.