Custom Lego Racers Car Designs

Vintermyst

Hey there!  As you can possibly guess, I'm quite new here.  However, I am a very big Lego Racers enthusiast, and have been since my childhood.  The reason I created this account was due to another member, and their idea of posting their custom Car creations here.  Enjoying the ideas he posted, and also the discussion which occurred, I decided to take a shot at it myself and post some of my own creations which I've made.  Please let me know what you think of them!

✞ Space Ace One

Spoiler

jDTgXKu.png

Unparalleled in the art of racing.

My OG design I made way back in the day when I first began playing Lego Racers on a bulky Windows XP computer.  Still my favorite, I like the simplicity, yet appeal of this one, and I always enjoy playing with it.

"Picking up various components and racing tricks from Rocket Racer himself, Space Ace One quickly became a top competitor, blowing out the competition with his quick-thinking and diverse skillset.  Having no preference of power ups or choice of track, Space Ace One adapts to every track and every opponent, protecting himself with whatever tools he has at his disposal.  Off the track, he's an amicable individual with a humble mindset and even more humble kart.  And now, with his several championships over Rocket Racer, Space Ace One is building up the next generation of Lego Racers, determined to preserve the art of the craft he's refined over the past 17 years." 

☠ DELETE RACER

Spoiler

TBomMyf.png

Stop for nothing.

An all-black variation of Space Ace One that I made with the purpose of having look as missile-like and hellishly fast as possible.  A fun design I enjoy, racing as a villain of sorts.

""There is nothing I accept other than absolute speed."  This is the mantra of DELETE RACER, a brutal and insanely fast driver on the Lego Racers court.  Swearing *solely* by max power ups, preferably greens and reds, this speed demon never hesitates to recklessly and aggressively dive for the white bricks in an attempt to go all out on the circuit.  The rear engines, tuned to near-perfection, give DELETE RACER an optimal output of speed similar to Space Ace One, which makes him an intense opponent on the field.  Where he lacks is in proper understanding of weaker power ups, and without using them, he sometimes loses an advantage early on.  Still, never underestimate what this monster can do, as he will chew you up if you decide to play with him."

☼ Hot Plastic

Spoiler

gDf7Rbq.png

Kashinguh!

A newer design built to more closely resemble a lightning bolt, but ended up looking a bit more cartoony in nature.  Works well with the chassis.

"The go-bumkin racer Hot Plastic enjoys nice drives around the laps of random tracks, working on the M3TA Engine which powers his kart, and eating cashews (we don't know why he told us that, just go with it).  A well rounded racer by tradition, Hot Plastic never pushes other opponents too hard, as he says, quote, "I feel bad their small karts don't go very fast".  Against champion hosts he goes a bit more intensely with his drawling "YEEeeeaahhH!", but even then he doesn't like 'saving up' whites to go fast.  Opting to go with the standard 0-white brick power ups (treating himself to a 1-white power up every now and then), Hot Plastic prefers to enjoy the race with opponents, even if it means Rocket Racer overlapping beating him for the umpteenth time.  As he likes to say, "All I want is to have some fun.  Kashinguh!""

Overwhelm ♔

Spoiler

GbW9LmY.png

Raw racing perfected.

An All-American car design I refined recently, fits well with Johnny Thunder (even though he's Australian, shhh).  I like the challenge of using him without powerups, as that's his slant.

"Overwhelm has one creed:  Never use powerups, always find the shortcut.  Growing up driving classic old karts on dirt tracks, Overwhelm looks on the fancy assistances as nothing but 'crutches' which take away a racer's skill.  In the end, he believes that only the best racers truly don't need to rely upon 'new gimmicks' .  However, he likes finding shortcuts, taking the seldom-travelled (and perhaps disputable) pathways to save himself time, since he knows he needs an edge somewhere.  Despite the fact that he has only managed to ever beat Captain Redbeard and King Kahuka, he always tries his best against Basil the Batlord, being mocked often for his efforts, but always trying.  Deep down Overwhelm is an old dog who hesitates to use new tricks, but always uses new paths."

☥ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ ʀᴇʙᴇʟ

Spoiler

rNgIyyT.png

Just a rebel on the run.

A design which I intended to use the Johnny Thunder side panels, a feature I don't see used very much in custom models, which is unfortunate.  I also like associate songs with some racers to give them some character.  For this racer "Meet Me in the Woods" by Lord Huron comes to mind.

Born (molded?) into an adventurous, yet tumultuous family, Runaway Rebel has aways been a nomad at heart.  He was always a road traveler, keen to find long-abandoned and empty places, travelling around with his custom kart.  However, he tended to be a bit lonely, always wanting to experience it with others.  One day, Runaway Rebel watched a Lego circuit race, in which the Pharaoh's Mummy won a surprising victory over Johnny Thunder, something which had never happened before.  Falling in love with the Mummy's car, he refashioned his kart into what it is today, and began using his years-aged driving experience to begin testing his abilities on proper tracks, finding out that Oil Slick hazards are a particular favorite of his.  Today, Runaway Rebel is a bold and ambitious racer looking to make his mark on the Lego Racing world, ready to prove that even lonely nomads can be victors.

☁ ?????? ?????

Spoiler

TWsiEke.png

Take to the skies!

A Space Ace One 'rival' type of hero who I designed to only use one kind of powerup (no shortcuts), which provides some good challenges in a race.  This was also an older model I've polished up and made to be distinctly unique from Ace.

"Cirrus Flyer loves to fly!  Planes, jets, gliders, makes no difference to him, he absolutely loves it!  Now, he wants to experience flight as a Lego Racer, but is disappointed that he really can't use his fancy planes to do it (big sad moment).  However, when Cirrus Flyer found out that the speed flight boost was available for racers who collected 2 white bricks and 1 green brick, he was ecstatic! (big happy moment).  Now, he flies past his opponents, engines roaring as his blocky jet car defies all laws of physics as it glides through the air.  Listening to songs about jet planes, Cirrus Flyer is living the absolute dream!  Just don't tell him about the tracks that don't have many green bricks."

Rappelion

Spoiler

qAcPkik.png

"C'mere mate!"

A simple, yet straightforward design I made for a car design that only uses grappling hooks.  I don't know how I got the name exactly, but it's a variation of "rappel."

""You know how this goes mate; I grapple you, I stop, you slide backward.  Bit of a shame that you thought that boost would do you any good.  Oh, by the way, 'names Rappelion!  I love messin' with opponents here; if you are ahead of me, then consider yourself grappeled!  But, don't even think about going around a corner, or go down a hill, because that'll break me rope.  And then that'll make me really annoyed cause I look like a' dummy!  So, don't do that!  Best of luck to you, even though I have my tricks!""

? ʙᴜʀꜱᴛꜰʀᴀʏ ?

Spoiler

yw4bj9B.png

*old man noises*

I usually build cars for the purpose of utilizing a different part; in this case, I wanted to see how I could work the halberds into a regular car chassis (I enjoy using the basic chassis more than the boss chassis' to be honest.  Expect to see more variable designs in future posts!).

"We have been told Burstfray drives a vehicle powered by those axe-thingies (we don't know what they're called, and we're too afraid to ask at this point).  He says it's a force field, but we're pretty sure it's just all those blue shields he likes to use.  He- wait what's that?  He...told us to 'bug off'?  Well that's not very nice of him, tell him we...never mind...aaaannyyyway, Burstfray optimizes shields and simple boosts to get through races.  Not preferring to hassle with opponents (as he is an old man), he likes to keep his distance from other opponents, and generally dislikes red and yellow power ups.  He says it draws undue attention, and we won't argue with him.  So...keep your distance from this old-timer, because he's gonna...well...he won't due anything really, except grab a green and a blue power ups, skirting off with some shields covering his rear.  Guess that's what old people who race tend to do."

MORE DESIGNS COMING SOON!!

Stay tuned!

Awesome designs, I really like the Rappelion one! Thanks for sharing :)

A couple of the image links seem to be down though, Space Ace One and Burstfray.

I noticed that, guess I need to remake those images and set the url to be unchangable. :/  Give me a day to do that, lol

EDIT: Fixed it!  Hopefully it'll show up.

<-- PART 2 -->

Archrival Invader ?

Spoiler

g86vPLJ.png

This world is ours for the taking.

This is my best attempt to recreate Gypsy Moth's vehicle using non-Gypsy Moth parts.  I like the idea of the space theme being used as an invading force which goes to war against the Insectoids (and is an evil rival of the Exploriens). 

"With all their power and might, the Stardown Colony Co. has earned itself quite a poor reputation as an invasive organization, disrupting local habitats, not to mention pirating various components from the Exploriens and Ice Planet Coalition.  Their leader is Alvarez D'Jinn, a ruthless and aggressive pilot.  Driving the Archrival Invader vehicle he patterned (read: stole) from Gypsy Moth, he demands absolute control abuse over the race.  Sometimes this means he bypasses green power ups in favor of an opportunistic yellow, or deliberately upgrading his shields to bump into opponents.  He has also been known to slow down to deliberately hit opponents with Rockets, ensuring they are depleted of any resources to race effectively.  A dislikable fellow, he will always change the game, forcing you to change tactics or be thrown for a loop.  Guess that's what an Archrival Invader does.

⇱ ℌ?? ????? 

Spoiler

bieEM9X.png

Let me show you a magic trick!

Using the sideways pieces that the generic opponents use is always something I like to do.  However, it's also possible to reverse them, making them look like snake tongues.  Used that concept here.

"There's no rabbits in this hat.  A magician by trade, and happy to befool you, Hat Trick wants to throw as many curveballs at your face as possible.  She likes to randomly pick up and use upgrades at random times; whether it's quickly firing off two Cannonballs, or quickly using 3 power ups quickly, Hat Trick is both unpredictable and erratic.  Her snake-esque kart looks pretty spooky driving through tunnels, and is even more spooky when she appears next to you coming out of a Warp Turbo Boost while dropping a yellow hazard on your aforementioned face.  Her cheeky grim demeanor also doesn't help either, so in the end, don't get spooked...or sabotaged...or anything that would cause you to lose really.

❍ ㄒ尺丨卩ㄥ乇    丂乇匚 

Spoiler

0eIL3Bx.png

Cheers!  I'll drink to that my friend!

Main purpose of this car was to use Veronica Voltage's windshield on a classic race chassis w/o adding too much.  Also liked the name, so yeah lol.

"To be quite honest, Triple Sec is more about the party than actually winning or racing, which explains is overall poor record (but dat hair doh).  Flaunting his long white hair and pouring you a glass of a fruit punch, he would rather hang out at the beach than have boasting matches with opponents, so it's no surprise that he enjoys spending time on King Kahuka's island, chilling the Islanders.  He may not particularly enjoy their...other...pursuits, or the caste system which grips the island, BUT HEY, lets enjoy some fruit punch!  However, don't underestimate his usage of that Lightning Wand, as he says it's like how a good swig of fruit punch tastes (as you may guess he likes that drink a lot, he might as well just make that full-time).  But anyway, Triple Sec is a fun-lovin' racer, so let's raise a toast to Lego Racers!

➠ H Ö L РⒻ Ⓐ Ⓢ Ⓣ 

Spoiler

WUWG0pZ.png

Less is More!

Rocket Racers windshield fits perfectly on that basic race chassis, and I've always enjoyed the simplicity, yet sleekness of the design.  The whole cart only has 4 parts, lol.

"Before Rocket Racer really found his true identity as the racer he is now, he went by a random handle he made up; Holdfast.  His car, simple yet sleek, was the design which was to earn him enough money to get his current ride.  However, even experts have humble beginnings.  Unable to handle advanced power ups, Holdfast can only handle up to 1 white brick at a time; whether its shields, boosts, hazards, or projectiles.  He missed having the ability to use the same abilities as the boss racers, so in order to stay competitive, he had to truly become skillful with what he had.  Looks like that paid off.  (He also had a weird fashion sense back then, he says he doesn't miss it at all, lol).

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Spoiler

0pM93kI.png

Yeehaw! Ride Em!

Another utilization of the Johnny Thunder side panels, thought this one turned out pretty good.  I also think I prefer black on my cars, and no I'm not goth/emo/etc. lol

""Ok....let me explain to ya how this vehicle runs.  She's a monster, ain't no question about that.  Bullhead is hard to control, and really sometimes gives me a spook whenever I havetuh get through opponents on the track.  She also seems to like red Shields, bumpin' and reflectin as she goes about.  I really don't know what else to say on the matter, she really ain't one to be messed with."

☞ ?????? ?????! 

Spoiler

WvGDQy9.png

GET ON THE GROUND!

A good old police car on a good chassis; I do enjoy me some bad cop / good cop characters.

"Did you know beating Freeze Sucka! is against the law?  Well, at least according to the law of this street racer.  A former cop who did *all* of the high speed chases, he knows a thing or two about getting cars to stop.  Zooming way ahead of him?  Put that sucka down with some Rockets or a Grappling Hook.  Someone gaining on your rear too quickly?  Stop em with a Magnetic Trap.  You best believe this cop ain't gonna play nice with you, and is not going to let you show off your recklessness.

T h e  C r y p t 

Spoiler

aNtOO6m.png

Rise from the grave.

Having a completely contained cab is hard to do well, even on this chassis.  I tried to utilize more sloping parts and angles to make it less block-like, and for the most part it looks great!

"Deep within the halls of the mortuary, a racer emerges.  They have no allegiances, no clear goals, and no words.  All that we know is that The Crypt is an aggressively vengeful racer with a penchant for picking on opponents who have hit them with upgrades.  Even one cannonball is enough to set The Crypt on a rampage against your butt, hitting you with barrage after barrage of Rockets to remind you who you should NOT mess with next time you face off.  Sometimes, The Crypt will even go as far as stopping you dead in your tracks by ramming into you, a sure sign you're in for a rough circuit.  If nobody messes with them, this brutal box of death will be throwing down Warp Speed Boosts like it's nothing, so be sure to keep your distance from this cryptic and fearsome opponent.

▓ ΣПƧᄂΛVΣЯ 

Spoiler

5jENT6Y.png

Time for da jail!

Main part used: Iron bars.  The cage isn't sealed at the top, but it's nice to have a car that makes the driver look like he's in jail.  More of a fun car design that borders on filler, but is fun all the same.

""Say listen sonny, I may be a half-demon prison guard who is coming to put ya behind these here bars, but I'm actually not a mean one.  Everybody doesn't like my face, and sometimes that cuts me deep, ya know?  What I do know is that some cars are too fast for me, and because of the fact that you're going to fast, I'm going to have to slow ya down with some Magnetic Traps.  But not because I want to win, nonono hehe.  I want you to enjoy the scenery!  Do you have any idea how good that beach looks for a game made in 1997?  I mean seriously, in my opinion the second Lego Racin' game looks worse in my opinion.  Ahyhoo off to jail u go.""

PART 3 COMING SOON!!

Stay tuned!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.