Lego Racers Unity remastered.

Maxim Ivanov

Those powerups look good, almost like candy. Will I spit cannonballs out of my mouth if I eat the red ones?

• Like 1

Maxim Ivanov
8 hours ago, Cirevam said:

Those powerups look good, almost like candy. Will I spit cannonballs out of my mouth if I eat the red ones?

But don't try yellow one... it will end badly

Maxim Ivanov

Hi everyone. I need help. 

I need: 

• Sound effects for powerUps (pickups, cannon shot, oil spill and etc.) from original game, if it possible.
  • Dancing in MainMenu Captain RedBeard and King Kahuka.  

Any major updates i will post there. For now i have many paperwork for college and can't give time for game.

Here is what I have now, and a small comparison with the old game

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png

• Like 3

Don't worry about it too much, no need to perfect everything at once. Really nice work so far on this project!

For the sound effects, you can take them directly from the original game. From your Lego Racers program files, extract the LEGO.JAM file (LEGO.jam File Extractor - Modding Tools - Rock Raiders United), and inside the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder there will be all the sounds you're looking for. They are in .PCM format, Media Player Classic (Home · MPC-HC) opens them perfectly fine, it's up to you if you want to convert the files to a different format.

For the animations, I think you'll need to reanimate those in Unity. Take a good look at the original and try to mimic it.

Good luck! I'm curious for more gameplay (especially AI) :) 

• Like 1

This looks really nice. I have made modernised versions of the cars a while back, if you want to have those in your game as an option I can share the files if you want.

• Like 1

Maxim Ivanov
1 hour ago, TheChief said:

Don't worry about it too much, no need to perfect everything at once. Really nice work so far on this project!

For the sound effects, you can take them directly from the original game. From your Lego Racers program files, extract the LEGO.JAM file (LEGO.jam File Extractor - Modding Tools - Rock Raiders United), and inside the GAMEDATA/COMMON folder there will be all the sounds you're looking for. They are in .PCM format, Media Player Classic (Home · MPC-HC) opens them perfectly fine, it's up to you if you want to convert the files to a different format.

For the animations, I think you'll need to reanimate those in Unity. Take a good look at the original and try to mimic it.

Good luck! I'm curious for more gameplay (especially AI) :) 

Any ideas how to convert the sounds to mp3 or wav? And MPC cant run extracted sounds. I try to open them on Audavity and Audition, but get only bad sound, like old TV without channels. 

43 minutes ago, Maxim Ivanov said:

Any ideas how to convert the sounds to mp3 or wav? And MPC cant run extracted sounds. I try to open them on Audavity and Audition, but get only bad sound, like old TV without channels. 

Interesting.. I wonder why it works for me in MPC-HC. 

Anyways, FFMPEG 4.4 contains codecs that can work with these files. I converted a few files though the volume ends up way lower in the converted mp3.

MPC-HC gives me the following audio info:

Audio: MP3 11025Hz mono 16kbps [A: mp3, 11025 Hz, mono, 16 kb/s]
Audio: 0x0000 11025Hz mono 44kbps [A: adpcm_ima_alp, 11025 Hz, mono, s16, 44 kb/s].

• Like 1

MinifigRenderer
7 hours ago, Maxim Ivanov said:

If you go on file archive there is a pcm converter for the audio files. It also depends on the copy you have.

• Like 1

I can try to look at these in Pro Tools. I have the disc of this game somewhere, maybe that and Pro Tools will let me get a high quality sound file converted to mp3 or wav.

Had a breakthrough, though not with Pro Tools. Found a way to convert .PCM to .OGG, and they sound like they should (which isn't the highest quality, but that's how the original sounds were). I'll put the sound effects in that Drive folder, as well as the music files and ambient sound effects from each race and the menus (once I get them all converted)

• Like 1

Maxim Ivanov
2 minutes ago, MyTMorty said:

Had a breakthrough, though not with Pro Tools. Found a way to convert .PCM to .OGG, and they sound like they should (which isn't the highest quality, but that's how the original sounds were). I'll put the sound effects in that Drive folder, as well as the music files and ambient sound effects from each race and the menus (once I get them all converted)

OGG format fine too. I'll test all sounds what you guys can made. Thank you for your help!

I don't have permission to add anything to your Google Drive folder, but I think I have all that you need. I converted every .PCM I could find into a .OGG, as well as every .TUN file I could find. If any are missing, let me know!

Maxim Ivanov
1 minute ago, MyTMorty said:

I don't have permission to add anything to your Google Drive folder, but I think I have all that you need. I converted every .PCM I could find into a .OGG, as well as every .TUN file I could find. If any are missing, let me know!

Now you all can add files  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l6Jf8g8aO7p84j5SLfi9COPa166FUEcw?usp=sharing

They're all uploaded! I tried to match which folder I pulled them from, though it wouldn't surprise me if some maps had the same sound effect as others here or there.

• Cool Bro 1

Maxim Ivanov
18 minutes ago, MyTMorty said:

They're all uploaded! I tried to match which folder I pulled them from, but it wouldn't surprise me if some maps had the same sound effect as others here or there.

Cool. You guys did the great job! 
Now everyone can download all LEGO Racers sounds. I think what this big contribution to the community. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l6Jf8g8aO7p84j5SLfi9COPa166FUEcw

Many thanks to @MyTMorty and @TheChief. 

2411b6a4fa6a2cdb006841dc3a6119b6.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man this has so much promise! Nice work Maxim!

Hope this gets completed someday but if it doesn't at least we get to look at what a re release would look like.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I like the idea of being able to play as all the opponents as preset racers in the car selection menu, in addition to the stock presets in the base game. But I think the opponents that are part of the car sets tied with the champion racers should need to be unlocked with said car sets. For example: Beating Captain Redbeard unlocks the pirate car set, which in turn unlocks Captain Redbeard, Governor Broadside and the other two pirate themed racers as presets, while beating King Kahuka unlocks the Islanders car set that unlocks both him and a fellow islander racer as presets. The same also applies to opponents based on the car sets themed after Batlords, Adventurers Desert, Adventurers Jungle, Alien and Rocket Racer in respective order of the other champions you face. The same can also be applied to Veronica Voltage if you beat all her best times in the time trials mode. It's just something I thought would be a nice addition for the sake of progression, even if it may be a no brainer.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, hello dear Rock Riders fans and fans of my project. I am so sorry for this very long break. I have bad and good news.

Bad😡:

1. I moved so far. And sell my all computer workspace.
  2. I have irl problems, because i'm starts living like a taxpayer, and i need to work. 
  3. I inderstand what i need increase my unity, 3d and programming skills. 

Good🙂:

1. Project not deleted and saved with all developments. 
  2. I bought a new high power laptop.
  3. Project will be unfreezed then my skills and irl things will be better then now.

I wanna say thanks for everyone who helped me. Your support saved and will be wait for a good times. I want release remaster like a completed game. Game, what looks grate and plays awesome. Make a too fresh demo or a poorly made game is unacceptable for me, because i don't want to upset you.

For now i will make some litle indie projects. this is can help me with increasing skills. 👽 

Thank you and stay cool.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.