Lego Rock Raiders United

phenix8fr

You didn’t expect it but here it is, my version of the game that I named Lego Rock Raiders United. Why? Because my version takes the best of what has been proposed here since the creation of the site .

An all-in-one version perfect for beginners struggling to change the game. Moreover I have on my side made some very nice creations that the veterans of the game will have to appreciate.

After 4 months of work .Here is a brief overview of the content

Spoiler

Here is a list of new features and changes in the game.

Spoiler
- Games and drivers already preconfigured to run on modern machines
- Level textures (Lava, Rock and Ice) are in high resolution
- Video resolution has changed to HD
- 3D model of Rock Raiders, objects and monsters are in high resolution
- PC and Playstation music have been added along with a track created by a fan
- Game includes 8 tutorial levels, 25 official levels and 43 community levels
- Adding video for community levels

In games:
- Camera can be further away and rotate to 360
- Cursor speed has been increased
- Walls are raised with a view to the 1st or 3rd person
- New vehicles have been added
- Team Rock Raiders has been added to the original levels
- Bug fixes for the sound bomb, dynamite, monster that can crash the game
- Rock Raiders, vehicles, monsters, laser and slug with better balanced statistics
- Removal of unnecessary mini-monsters that could crash the game
- Bats no longer scare away Rock Raiders
- Game speed reset removed at each event
- Deletion of the comment "a landslide has occurred" and additions of the audio "lava" for erosion
- Energy Road Construction Priority Tree added
- All levels of the game are unlocked basic
- Other little things here and there

Known bug:

- the game sometimes crashes completely randomly (rare)
- Sometimes the game crashes when using the sound bomb (objects to scare away slugs)(rare)
- Games may crash when using 1st person view
- Too much Rock Raiders on the map ( Max 30 advised but possible to have more)
- Using too much dynamite in a game can cause the game to crash (rare)
- Rock Raiders can no longer practice (to compensate they can carry 3 objects instead of 2)
- Bug of idleness. Sometimes your units will no longer carry out your orders and will do nothing. Teleporting all your units to the scanned LMS (even those in vehicles) and then bringing them back can correct this .
- Power failure. Sometimes when too many energy paths are connected to a power plant there is like an overload and the buildings are no longer powered by electricity. To overcome the problem, it is advisable to make several power stations on large maps or not to connect too many power paths to the power station.

Here is my first public version. If some people want to help me here is a list of corrections I will need

- Correct the bug with Raiders can't be upgraded

- Better skin for new caracters, better 3D model for Hulk

- Ad some more cool map

- Ad Campaign 2 by HammerKraf

- Correct bug with Howitzer and Megamole, the sound link for object name is broken and i dont know why

09/08/2022 No more Update for the game, i'm working for https://www.abandonware-forums.org/  , to make auto-lunch for old pc game (Dos, Win3.1 , 95 , 98, Xp)

This is link for download the game, 1.7Go:

English version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZ8-K_hTYrsketwxRjICVdQhQU2cQFk-/view?usp=sharing

(French) Version Française: https://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=3230

As a bonus a pack gathering various video, wallpaper, game fanart about the game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BHaPEPqc5I2BCoVTLL2MHKufws6kuBM9/view?usp=sharing

If you want to create your own map for this version here is a list of all the new elements available in game

Spoiler

Minifig:

- Sailor (Bandit)

- Driver (Axel)

- Engineer (Spark)

- PilotJet (Jet)

- Gelologist (Docs)

- CivilM ( scientific Male)

- CivilF (scientific Female)

- BruceBanner ( Bruce Banner from Marvel)

- Batman

- Sonic

- Knuckles

- Shadow

- Heavy ( slow but can drill hard wall )

Vehicles:

- Howitzer  (Hermatite Howitzer)

- Megamole

- Hulk

- DrivingMonster

- DrivingSlug

- LargeHeli

- FrontLoader

Monster:

- SepiaMonster (same as RockMonster in sepia color and very fast)

- Snake

- Spider

- Scorpion

- InfernoMonster ( Big Monster , need an army for kill him)

- Smith ( First PNJ test , do nothing , just walk )

I hope that my all-in-one version will be appreciated and I am listening to any suggestions to improve it. Also tell me what you thought of my custom maps

Sonic Adventure:  How to leave this planet ?
Batman: Crap ,The Joker found the batcave.
Hulk: Bruce Banner visits 91 DIVOC Research Centre but ...

Very Big Thanks for all https://www.rockraidersunited.com users who for years have created a lot of content on the site.

- Thanx for the HD Intro and cutscene to JimbobJeffers
- I used aidenpons Christchurch level NPL file enormously to create my own
- Thanks to Cyrem for Mapcreator and NPL Scriter
- Thanks to RockRaiderWolf for his Ultimate Map Project, it's help me a lot
- Thanks to all other who created maps, stuffs, tutorial, and more

Cordially Phenix8fr
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Alcom Isst said:

Finally, the Rock Raider equivalent to Ultimate Skyrim.

I’d rather say a cross-over like Smash Bros, keep only the best. ? Only for 3 level .

All other level are from community.

I gave this a quick shot, I'm amazed it works straight out of the box given how difficult it can be to get this blasted game running on modern hardware!

Nice work putting it all together :) I think the 1.2GB of extra videos might be a bit over the top for a simple all-in-one download, but otherwise yeah, awesome stuff.

However I'm having a couple of minor issues:

1. The main menu music plays on top of the cutscenes

2. Chief's audio doesn't play when he should be speaking during the briefings (tried this, didn't fix it)

Anybody happen to know of a solution?

PC specs:

i7-4790K CPU

GTX 970 GPU

16GB RAM

Not sure anything else is important ha

7 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

1. The main menu music plays on top of the cutscenes

2. Chief's audio doesn't play when he should be speaking during the briefings (tried this, didn't fix it)

I have never had this bug, you test an official mission ? There is no audio brief for community missions.

May be having drivers update for DirectX, VLC, Realteck can fix the problem ... but not sure , i have computer more older than you and all latest driver ?

I think the 1.2GB of extra videos might be a bit over the top for a simple all-in-one download

Sure, it's big but it's for the Video quality ?

I replaced the Data folder with a completely vanilla data folder to test, and tried with the @sound edits too, neither of which worked unfortunately.

Looking through the Sounds folder though (which I merged from vanilla LegoRR0.wad, LegoRR1.wad and the files in the Data folder on the disc) I can't actually find anything for his mission briefing voice lines... The Sounds folder is 35MB which I think should be the correct size?

And I meant all the extra videos you'd put in like LEGO Batman and Sonic and that, but you're right most of the file size comes from the upscaled cutscenes, my mistake!

Edit: I just had another look through the files in your download, and you have all the sounds that I'm missing! I wonder why I've been unable to find them... I used WAD Recycler to extract both vanilla WAD files, and examined the stuff on the disc. Unless maybe they're contained in the .cab files when you install the game?

Edit 2: Yep that was the issue! I thought everything was contained in the WAD files except for the videos, but nah installation adds more sounds separately from those cab files I assume.

So now my only issue is the main menu music playing on top of the cutscenes, not the end of the world but still kind of annoying.

So now my only issue is the main menu music playing on top of the cutscenes, not the end of the world but still kind of annoying.

I didn’t quite understand why the sounds didn’t work at your place, the "sounds" folder of my version is about 104 MB because I added new sound for my creations.

Exactly, the file . cab adds sounds in addition to wad1 and wad0If you replace the "sound" folder of my version with the "vanilla" version you will not have the sounds I added.

For the problem of the game that plays music during cutscene may be a problem of video drivers . The game does not take into account the playback of a video, that’s why it launches the music at the same time . (mere supposition)

It is difficult to find solutions to all problems. The game does not work the same way on each computer.

Turns out adding the latest version of Cafeteria to your setup and running through that stops the main menu music playing over the cutscenes, as well as making Chief's audio stop if you skip his mission briefing dialogues. So it's working 100% perfectly now!

Nice job again, thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

Turns out adding the latest version of Cafeteria to your setup and running through that stops the main menu music playing over the cutscenes, as well as making Chief's audio stop if you skip his mission briefing dialogues. So it's working 100% perfectly now!

Nice job again, thanks for sharing.

It’s just amazing that all you had to do was start the game with the Cafeteria to solve all the problems you were having. Now that it’s working, you’ll have to try to finish my 3 cross-over missions to tell me what you think :D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I experienced a few crashes when restarting a custom mission, plus some already known problems written in the Readme (mostly random crashes), but other than that, it's fantastic.

Also, I made an italian patch to use with it, it contains all the texts and voices, plus the United Lego.cfg with the italian strings copypasted in from my copy.

Custom levels/enemies/etc. remain untouched.

I used the latest english United patch as a base.

Data ver.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rg0I7sO-2WURa2KzTbpviCivtcmkBVoS/view?usp=sharing

Cafeteria ver.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBKXoOQqzN2fUEJ_w9bWF8gZhM0YvCou/view?usp=sharing

• 8 months later...

Of course it's to big for upload it on the website .

I use Winrar just because it's simple to use and lot of people have it on computer

For Upscale video i have used " Topaz Video Enhance AI" and lot of hour for that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.