LI2 and LR2 both not starting at all - black screen

TheJelleyFish

Hi all,

I tried to install some old lego games on my PC, and although I managed to get Stunt Rally and Legoland to work, and I can remember getting LR2 to run a couple of years ago, I can no longer get lego racers 2 or lego island 2 to run on my pc. My pc runs windows 10 pro, I have a nvidia gtx 1070 video card and I have tried many different things already. For LR2, I've tried a 'normal' installation, with compatibility mode and administrator rights activated, but I got a black screen on start up and the programme shuts down two seconds later. I've tried the alternate installer, same outcome. I've also tried a no-CD fix for LR2, which didn't help either. For LI2, I've used the mod manager and selected all the fixes, but the game still doesn't run. I'm suspecting it may have to do with the graphics of the games rather than the installations, so I updated my video drivers, but that didn't work either. I'm at a loss now, I've tried reinstalling many times and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue here?

I've actually already found the solution myself - it was indeed to do with the graphics of the game. I tried using dgVoodoo before, but I didn't extract the MS folder correctly and this time I also added the d3drm.dll file to the folder. Both games run smoothly now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.