LEGO Alpha Team on Windows 11

SMLC

Yikes. I just had to go and do it to myself, trying to get a game arguably buggier than Rock Raiders to run on my Windows 11 machine. Is there any "mega guide" available for Alpha Team, like the ones we have for LRR? Is this known to be impossible or has anyone actually tried Alpha Team on W11 yet?

For reference:

I have never played, installed, or dug around in Alpha Team. This game is totally new to me.

I'm using a gaming laptop from this year that shipped with Windows 11.

Ryzen 5 and GTX 1650, 8 GB of ram. I have a 1920x1080 display.

I have the game on CD, the old "black" case copy and not the Masterpiece version. The CD looks fine and the installation starts, no problems.

During the installation, the CD tries to install DX7. I get an error "DirectX is not supported on this version of Windows" and the setup crashes to desktop.

Can confirm the guide works! I have not tried custom resolution or running without the disk. The game plays in a small resolution, fullscreen window. No stretching. The menus work. Intro movie plays (i have the disk inserted). No audio glitches. I played around in training and the first mission, with no problems.

Thanks for the help!

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, marthulizes said:

For me the Guide for windows 10 gives an error:
"DirectX is not supported on this version of windows".

When do you get the error? When you try to launch the game or during installation?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.