Index Of Pre-Release Lrr Screencaptures

Lair

After weeks of searching, I finaly have it: a guide to all RR beta images. Enjoy, and discuss amoungst yourselves what it may have been like.

PC Beta Images, Original Design (13 Images)

lrr_pc_beta_9.png

PC Image 1: An Ice Monster with a boulder. Note the old interface.

Image Date: Apr 19, 1999

lrr_pc_beta_3.png

PC Image 2: Said Ice Monster attacking a Tool Store. This is the toolstore before it and the Mobile Teleport were merged. Also, what's that info tab with a question mark supposed to mean?

Image Date: Apr 19, 1999

lrr_pc_beta_6.png

PC Image 3: Here we can see the Mobile Teleport and the Teleport Pad in use, as well as a Tool Station. And look at the info tabs: Blue Crystals. I'm assuming those are crystals in rubble out there... they don't look blue though.

Image Date: Apr 19, 1999 Also, different Power Paths.

lrr_pc_beta_10_large.png

PC Image 4: A Rock Raider attacked by a Rock Monster. A Rock Monster in an Ice Cave? This means monsters weren't originaly planned to be loyal to their biome.

Image Date: Apr 20, 1999

lrr_pc_beta_1.png

PC Image 5: Sparks running away from the Rock Monster that just attacked him. Note that this image and the last image are the same cave as in Images 1 and 2.

lrr_pc_beta_2.png

PC Image 6: Mobile Teleport, Tool Station, Power Station, Upgrade Station.

lrr_pc_beta_5.png

PC Image 7: A Tool Station and Mobile Teleport. A Power Station is being teleported down. This also means that the Tech Tree originaly allowed for Power Stations to be teleported without Teleport Pads being built first.

lrr_pc_beta_4.png

PC Image 8: A Crystal being refined. That ? tab again, and another building notification.

lrr_pc_beta_4_large.png

An enlargement. Look under the radar drop panel. "Game Speed (84%?)". There you have it: Debug keys in use.

lrr_pc_beta_8.png

PC Image 9: oh noooooooooo

lrr_pc_beta_7.png

PC Image 10: Different Power Paths again. Some sort of Construction Notification. And evidence that those 2 beta Granite Grinders in the Ultimate Lego Book were quickly revised.

Image Date: Unknown

pcbeta5.png

PC Image 11: An oversized Chrome Crusher.

Image Date: Unknown

rrpcsmallbeta1.png

PC Image 12: A Rock Monster attacking a Rock Raider. Teleport Pas and Geodome visible.

Image Date: [Apr 19, 1999??]

rrpcsmallbeta4.png

PC Image 13: That looks like a canteen back there.

Image Date: Unknown.

PC Beta Images, Modern Design (10 Images)

pcbeta1.png

PC Image 14: Updated greatly from before: The Power Paths look like they do now, modern interface, etc. There is still a Construction notification and a Dynamite notification. The zoom keys look different. The Crystal meter and notification uses blue crystals. Also, look between the Action Stations and Options. It's the enclosed instruction book Encyclopedia Tab.

Images are not dated beyond this point.

pcbeta3.png

PC Image 15: Oversized Chrome Crusher. And a nice fog effect.

pcbeta4.png

PC Image 16: Granite Grinder. The Radar shows that the Tool Station and Mobile Teleport have been merged into the Tool Store by now.

pcbeta6.png

PC Image 17: Oh look. A "Power is being drained from your building" tab. ALSO one that has a crystal on it... could slugs drain crystals that were lying around? And some tab I can't make out. Also, look at the menu: The go back arrow is just an arrow instead of the loopy one they have now. And I'm certain this is Lava Laughter, so Karl and Paul had already been working on the final levels by whenever this was taken.

pcbeta7.png

PC Image 18: The fabled landslide notification. And what the heck is being teleported out?

pcbeta8.png

PC Image 19: Most buildings working, electic fences too.

pcbeta9.png

PC Image 20: The Mobile Laser Cutters working too.

rrpcsmallbeta2.png

PC Image 21: Sparks in a Tunnel Scout. The Encyclopedia has been removed, the zoom in/out are magnifying glasses instead of arrows, and the notification tab used green Crystals.

rrpcsmallbeta3.png

PC Image 22: Sparks and Sparks out for a walk, while Sparks mans the Mining Laser.

untextured.png

PC Image 23: Untextured Raiders >_>

Continued Next Post...

...continued due to the limit of images per post.

PS1 Beta Images Images (10 Images)

ps1beta1.png

PS1 Image 1: A Tunnel Transport crossing some lava. Something on the back of the TT, can't tell what... There's a Rock Monster over there. Now, look at the right top side. Red Energy Crystals replaced with blue, and no option for lost rock raiders.

ps1beta2.png

PS1 Image 2: The TT's health image is Axle. It should be a picture of the vehicle. And that's an oversized monster... why is he in a lava cave? And 38 ore??

ps1beta3.png

PS1 Image 3: I'd say the Rockwhale is moving in the wrong direction, but I don't have the PAL game. And 40+ Blue Crystals? Wow.

ps1beta4.png

PS1 Image 4: Why you need 78 dynamite I'll never know.

ps1beta5.png

PS1 Image 5: Oh look, three Laser Cutters! And an upgraded Loader-Dozer too! Against lost of creatures! Too bad this never happened...

ps1beta6.png

PS1 Image 6: You can pick up Rock Raiders with the Tunnel Transport.

ps1beta7.png

PS1 Image 7: First, different Rock Biome. Second, look at that Energy Crystal. It's gold. There's your evidence of the Super Bonus crystals. So then what were the Blue Crystals for? We see there are tons of them...

lrrpsxvshot1.png

PS1 Image 8: Note sure if this is really a beta image.

lrrpsxvshot2.png

PS1 Image 9: Oh look, an army of vehicles.

lrrpsxvshot3.png

PS1 Image 10: Note sure if this is really a beta image.

Sets, Ads and others.

Ad from sets:

rr_set_poster_front.png

Flyer front. Note the Jet Raiders.

rr_set_poster_back.png

Wow... January 19th. Activity Stand, Blue Crystals, a colored scanner, etc.

Old game ad:

beta_rock_raiders_ad.png

Blue Crystals, cargo-carrying Hover Scout. A Beta Granite Grinder and Tunnel Scout. A base with a geodome. And a cyclopse Imp. What the heck.

Scans from The Ultimate Lego Book:

Since these are huge, I'll just link to them.

Scan: The Designers

The set designers with all their work. Can someone make out the vehicle that one guy is holding? It's not a released one. Also, Rapid Rider comic on back wall.

Scan: Loader-Dozer Proto

An Icey Loader-Dozer. Ice Monster included. That guy looks like Axle, but with a bigger grin.

Scan: Granite Grinder Proto

Scan: Granite Grinder Proto (BIG)

A Proto Granite Grinder. It's ugly. And that guy... Sparks' Torso, but in red. Docs' face, but with a grin and Axle's sideburns.

Scan: Designing

A guy designing something. You can see a different proto Granite Grinder and some flying vehicle.

And finally: You can probably find that Proto Rock Raiders image at different places (I have 2, 500px and 1000px), but here's a new scan I made. Why did I rescan it? This scan is a HUGE one. 2700x1900 and 13MB, High detail.

Warning: Big Image

Contains:

* A Chrome Crusher with 2 drills and the bucket and scanner on top

* Some 6-wheeled 2-armed 2-laser drilling vehicle

* A rocket of sorts

* A Hover Scout (with cargo?)

* A Dune Buggy Dozer with turrets and drill

* A Mobile Base with ore and crystal refinery.

* A Rock lion

* Uniform with a gray torso, red arms, blue legs, brown Bandit helmet with goggles, bandana

* Some little aliens (helping the Raiders? Maybe they built the civilization... or not)

PS1 Beta video:

SomeGuyWhoKillsBears closed his account. Does anyone have that video? I think it was also on PS1 demo disk 26 or something...

There. Discuss away. And tell me if you find more.

Scans from TULB.

Images: Lego.com/Interactive, IGN, Gamestop, several other sites with reviews of LRR, etc. Lots of places. Addict found that beta cover originaly, it's from some magazine. Cyrem scanned the flyer.

ALSO I need that beta PS1 commerial. SomeGuyWhoKillsBears closed his channel.

There are also some beta screenshots on some promo discs bartvbl sent to me a while back. There's only one that wasn't already posted here though, I'll put it on the gallery.

There are also some beta screenshots on some promo discs bartvbl sent to me a while back. There's only one that wasn't already posted here though, I'll put it on the gallery.

How many are there? Also, some of these need to be in higher quality, what size are the images you have?

On 2/19/2011 at 8:32 PM, Lair of Rockwhales said:
On 2/19/2011 at 8:27 PM, jamesster said:

Actualy, do you have all of them? Some of these need to be in higher quality...

They're actually lower resolution versions of some of the screens you already have, so uploading them wouldn't help as you already have them in better quality. Here's the one you don't have: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/gallery/image/2632-rralphapng/Oh yeah, there are five of them. Also some Stunt Rally and LR1 alpha/beta screens, but I've already got those on YouTube.

Edited by Slimy Slug

Actualy, do you have all of them? Some of these need to be in higher quality...

They're actually lower resolution versions of some of the screens you already have, so uploading them wouldn't help as you already have them in better quality. Here's the one you don't have: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2632

Oh yeah, there are five of them. Also some Stunt Rally and LR1 alpha/beta screens, but I've already got those on YouTube.

Added image, thanks

Do any of you have a copy of the 2001 LEGO SOFT-WARE Demo CD-ROM?

I would post the images from mine but it makes my computer unresponsive for some reason or it just won't work. (I can't even look on the disk manually do to freezing.)

But there were some LRR images on there.

Do any of you have a copy of the 2001 LEGO SOFT-WARE Demo CD-ROM?

I would post the images from mine but it makes my computer unresponsive for some reason or it just won't work. (I can't even look on the disk manually do to freezing.)

But there were some LRR images on there.

1 - There were multiple LEGO software demo discs, even multiple ones in 2001 alone.

2 - I have a solid copy of one of them, and bartvbl sent me .iso images of the two he has (they're free and promotional so no piracy here)

3 - I already got all the beta screenshots from those three discs, for Rock Raiders and all the other games it they had beta screens of

4 - There was only one of them Lair didn't already have, and I just sent it to him (see last few posts)

Do any of you have a copy of the 2001 LEGO SOFT-WARE Demo CD-ROM?I would post the images from mine but it makes my computer unresponsive for some reason or it just won't work. (I can't even look on the disk manually do to freezing.)But there were some LRR images on there.

I do. I'll look.

I have more:

/:|

I'm not entirley sure why you posted this, Cyrem, seeing that your scans were already in the list I had.

Which reminds me, I have 2 more scans I need to upload.

I'm not entirley sure why you posted this, Cyrem, seeing that your scans were already in the list I had.

Sorry, didn't see your second post.

Sorry, didn't see your second post.

'salright.

Also, I found the scans. There are still 6-8 more beta images somewhere on the web. Including one of an overpowered dynamite explosion. And that untextured Raiders thing I posted.

Hey guys, do you think I should upload these to the wiki and make a gallery of them to go along with a page I have planned about the beta history of LRR?

Also, I found the scans. There are still 6-8 more beta images somewhere on the web. Including one of an overpowered dynamite explosion. And that untextured Raiders thing I posted.

Get those up, then I'll check through all my stuff to see if I have anything new.

You should.

It would make the wiki more productive and the wiki has its own uploader anyways.

...that was my whole point obvious hedgehog. I wanted to make a gallery page of beta images because it would be cleaner than a post.

K, thx give me a link when ready .

can you give it to me too?? plz?

Wait, I'm supposed to send an image to just you two and no one else?

Does anyone have that PSX LRR trailer? SomeGuyWhoKillsBears closed his channel and I'm looking for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.