I May Have A Surprise For You...

rrcoder

I know I've been away from the forums for a few weeks, but there is a reason.

I shall reveal all in this thread soon...

Addictgamer

Oh boy, I can't wait!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not gonna get my hopes up sky high, seeing the "may".

Okay... I'll give a little...

I just returned from the UK, and while I was there I managed to lay my hands on a few backups from '99 (that surprisingly can still be read). I'm still sifting through a lot at the moment, so I'm not sure yet what may be useful, however at the very least I may be able to reveal a few things simply for posterities sake.

Oh wad, I hope there's some of the cinematic models and scenes in there. If anything, maybe there are just some developer docs with funny comments.

I'm hoping that there will be a canteen model that is readable so that I can make the lightwave version. At last, those stupid raiders will have an actual place to eat their linty wiches of sand. I'M HYPED BRO'!

I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU...BABIES WITH YOU...(you get the point) RRCODER!!!

Can't wait! Thanks man, you're a credit to this community!

Found yourself some relics of a time lone gone, eh? It seems that everyone here is pretty excited to see what can be resurected. If anything, documentation of any sort, expecially NERPS stuff, or THAT TOOL that was used. Still, anything would be pretty cool, nonetheless.

D: COOL STUFF ON ZIP DISKS.

If it's on zip disk, he could mail it to me, and I could take all the data off. I have a zip drive that is incredibly useless at the moment. It's from an old Micron computer that was supposed to run windows 95, but someone killed it and put XP on it.

I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU...BABIES WITH YOU

/:|

Found yourself some relics of a time lone gone, eh? It seems that everyone here is pretty excited to see what can be resurected. If anything, documentation of any sort, expecially NERPS stuff, or THAT TOOL that was used. Still, anything would be pretty cool, nonetheless.

If we find anything on the levels, we could re-create them, and perhaps make a beta mod. We will also be able to see the canteen, and whatever that encyclopedia thing is.

Celeb1 sound: Wahoo

Celeb2 sound: Yipee

D: COOL STUFF ON ZIP DISKS.

Those are TAPE drives, not disks.

No, there is a storage media called zip disks. They were launched too late and never became popular.

Magnetic Tapes are different.

Well, since Extreme's loins are about to combust from excitement, and everyone else seems to want to know, I have some news for you.

Karl was looking through the tapes before. He said he found the NERPS compiler and source, and the FLH format stuff, and may have found the executable source.

BUT

Of course, owned by Lego and made by DDI, it's heavily copyrighted, so Karl isn't quite sure what he legally can do with it. I don't know what the exact wording of the copyright is, but we need to figure that out before anything happens. It shouldn't disallow disclosure, so even if we can't recompile it and use it, we can at least look at it.

Even if he can't give us anything, which is fine because I don't want him to do something he shouldn't. He could still probably give us some info about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.