Extended Rr Intro?

Oboe Shoes

I remember, years upon years ago, for a brief time LEGO had a different version of the Rock Raiders intro on their official site.

The music was different, and it had a few extra scenes that didn't make it into the retail version (The energy crystals powering the LMS Explorer being drained, Sparks trying more buttons to fix the gravity, and an extended scene with Docs and Jet in the elevator, getting the hover scout and hammer, with Jet almost running Docs over with it.)

I've looked, and i've never been able to find it again. Has anyone else seen this?

Well either i'm imaging things or Jet almost running over Docs sounds vaguely familiar. This video must be found.

lol username

RR5_01.jpg

;)

:0

WHERE U GET PIC

LIEK

HOW U FIND

WHERE ME FIND MOAR

MOAR NOOOOOOOOW

... Oh I see

http://www.cgw.com/Publications/CGW/2000/Volume-23-Issue-3-March-2000-/Legos-Come-to-Life.aspx

... THEY SAID LEGOS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I remember, years upon years ago, for a brief time LEGO had a different version of the Rock Raiders intro on their official site.

The music was different, and it had a few extra scenes that didn't make it into the retail version (The energy crystals powering the LMS Explorer being drained, Sparks trying more buttons to fix the gravity, and an extended scene with Docs and Jet in the elevator, getting the hover scout and hammer, with Jet almost running Docs over with it.)

I've looked, and i've never been able to find it again. Has anyone else seen this?

RR5_01.jpg

These are f***ing awesome. Made my day. I didn't know that CGW did a publication on RR though?

;)

This picture just made with think of TTales making a RR game where the LMS was like the mission room... damn that would be awesome.

Yeah, If i remember correctly, some specifics to the missing scenes:

There was a cut after the LMS explorer gets sucked into the wormhole to the engine room. Alot of crystals spark and turn black

Sparks pushes the top button first (you can actually see a goof due to removing this scene When sparks floats over to the console the middle button is lit up, but when he gets there, the top button is lit up, and he presses the middle one again)

Jet and Docs get off the first elevator, Docs runs over and grabs his hammer, as he's walking over to the larger elevator, Jet zooms by overhead, knocking him to the ground, and he skids a good few feet.

RR5_01.jpg

;)

This picture just made with think of TTales making a RR game where the LMS was like the mission room... damn that would be awesome.

TTales??? TTALES!?!?!?

No. NO WAY! OVER 9000 TIMES NO!!! Jeez, Cy. Haven't you noticed that TT has been milking the same formula for LEGO games since 2005? Oh, sure; they add some stuff here and there, but it's still the same! In fact, the only LEGO games in the last five years I actually LIKE are Battles: Ninjago and City Stories (High hopes for the latter!).

No. Let's wait until TT hands over the LEGO license to someone else. Then we'll talk about a current-gen Rock Raiders game. No offence.

... THEY SAID LEGOS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You know, james... As much as it picks me off that people say 'legos' (heck, my own PARENTS say it!), there's really nothing we can do. Just let them say it, correct them once, and if they still say 'legos', let them. Not your problem. Not your fault. There's no use in being stresses over redundant things. You'll just die younger from stress.

Again, no offence.

Perhapse if we email everyone we know involved in LRR

oh nevermind.

On that note, an advertizement I found talks about rare coins and red ore.

lol username

Perhapse if we email everyone we know involved in LRR

oh nevermind.

On that note, an advertizement I found talks about rare coins and red ore.

Uh-oh! There's been an accident in deep space, bringing your crew of five dedicated LEGO troopers down to the surface of a distant, barren planet. Your ship has been disabled, and it needs the power of green ore to repair it and bring it back to life. Thankfully, this planet is loaded with the stuff, but it isn't just sitting around on the surface. You've got to use the five members of your team and their unique skills to scour, drill and blast your way deeper and deeper into the heart of the planet, in the hopes that you'll find enough of the ore to deliver yourself safely back to your LEGO home.

Based heavily in the LEGO universe, LEGO Rock Raiders takes the familiar LEGO characters and gives them personalities and a purpose: To get off the planet before they all get killed. To meet this objective, you will control all five of the characters in their own levels as they search for their coveted ore.

Each character has a different skill that he or she can utilize to beat their level. For instance, one LEGO hero can use their jetpack to jump greater distances, while another takes no damage from the radioactive water that permeates the underground passageways. In addition to these unique skills, each of your characters can drill into certain rock formations, destroying them and allowing you to pass. Dynamite can also be located, which you can use to set and explode charges that will explode stronger formations.

In addition to the green ore, there are smaller quantities of other objects scattered about, including coins and the ultra-powerful red ore. These are usually more difficult to locate, but worth it if you want to fully complete a level. To help you out with this, you have brought different vehicles with you, including a boat, a truck and a helicopter. Later on in the game, you can build new vehicles using the collected ore with the help of transport pads conservatively placed around the game world.

Manufacturer's description:

Stranded in orbit around an uncharted planet... Take Command! Protect and rescue the Rock Raiders team as you mine energy crystals that power the LMS Explorer to take you and your team safely home.

High adventure deep underground. Explore, tunnel and excavate in the underground tunnels of an unexplored planet, light years from home. Take command! You and the Rock Raiders team are stranded deep underground. Your mission is to collect precious crystals buried deep beneath the surface. Your actions will ultimately aid your efforts to return home. However, get ready to rock with unstable underground conditions and a looming Rock Monster!

Features:

Third person perspective.

2D graphics

Cartoon graphics

SCI-Fi, Futuristic & Fantasy themes.

Sounds to me like the guy writing this got ore confused with ECs and thought what were actually ore chunks were "coins". Note how be screws up in other places, like saying how the game is 2D and that the RRs can be killed.

That's not even where I got it from, but now that it's in context it's even more idioticly funny.

and that the RRs can be killed.

He may not be refering specificly to in-game. Even if he is it's justified: they can't last forever orbiting this distant planet. Un-justified that the LMS explorer can hold a thousand miners and had done so for months or years before, so they could probably last there for years.

Or feed off of Slimy Slugs.

Based heavily in the LEGO universe

So he's saying it's not all in the Lego Universe.

wat

Honestly Sonic, at least read ALL of Jamesster's post.

I didn't have to because there was no need to because the question I asked had nothing to do with it except that small quote there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.