Want Some Models From Li2 And Ixs?

lol username

lol username
lol username

A couple links I forgot to post before... Firstly, he's selling all 244 bricks Silicon Dreams used in their LEGO games, it's a whopping $95 though.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/328701

He's also got a classic LEGO dragon re-done in a more realistic look, which I find pretty neat:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/ma-toy-dragon/328468

Oh if I had the money I'd buy all this in a heartbeat... D:

Some are from IXS so there's no ripping to be done there, as far as I know. The main point is that jamesster found yet another LEGO game developer and he might be able to tell us more about the model and animation formats used in LI2 and IXS. There's also the possibility that LEGO's contract for LI2 has expired which could explain why this guy decided to sell all of this stuff in 2008.

lol username

Also, these are the original maya models, not converted to .msh and then to .obj. Additionally, last I checked we weren't able to convert any animated LI2 models yet, all the ones I've tried have just come out as a jumbled mess of polygons.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I'm surprised he can legally sell them. I would have expected that LEGO hired him to make them thus meaning that anything he made would become LEGO's property.

I'm surprised he can legally sell them. I would have expected that LEGO hired him to make them thus meaning that anything he made would become LEGO's property.

So a guy can't share more than ten seconds of the prototype LI2 music but someone is allowed to sell the FINAL LI2 models. WHAT

• Like 1

Wait... You have to PAY for the models!?

LAME. Why pay when you have a hacker on your forum?

(I'm talking about you, Extreme)

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, at least we now know what programs and versions the models were made in. (file downloads info, assuming that they are the format for what they were made in.)

• 3 months later...

This is probably the case, unless he made them at home using his own purchased software, which then he'd own the files..... I think.

• 7 years later...
lol username

Back in 2014 I bought some of these (and the ninja), and today I bought the rest since Turbosquid is having a sale.

In LI2 itself, the texture names are stripped and just named numerically, but these files have the original texture names...

lA841Bi.png

... And it looks like the monkey recycles old Rock Monster textures? In the final game, Rock Monsters have actual rock textures, which differ between both places where they appear:

dp0KjD2.png

ydBonfj.png

If I had to take a guess, they might have initially created them with the flat color textures (reused for monkeys), and changed them to use the rocky textures later, but didn't get the new textures consistent between appearances.

We still can't rip skinned meshes from the game properly, but luckily there's an unskinned copy of the Rock Monster model in the game data, so I slapped the old textures onto that just to see what it'd look like:

m10IpfB.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.