Linking Leroy Visits Legoland

Lair

I am very, very confused.

leroy.gif

Jamesster found some old commodore 64 games on the internet that make no sense. Apparently unreleased demos and cracks made by "cult" but something about fairlight and warez, but then claiming it was licensed by LEGO but abandoned and a series called legoland but they're cracks and demos and AAAAAAGH WHAT DOES IT MEAN

This game features the adventures of Leroy, a Lego character in a lego based world.

The graphics are very cartoony, and very faithful to lego (No.. not blocky before you say!). Levels are portrayed over a horizontal push scroll landscape.

The game features some early Rob Hubbard music, and plays fairly well, though i'm not sure what you are meant to do exactly.

The preview is in two parts, both with different levels. The game looks fairly near to completion, apart from possibly some other maps.

As you can read from the article taken from Fairlight's site... this preview was actually being sponsered by Lego in 1991, though this connection collapsed, and so did work on the game. No other company wanted to license a Lego game.

The preview became part of a demo by Fairlight called ironically "Legoland". But this is a game in its own right which was sadly never finished. They opened up the game to offers of publishing, but the site is out of date, and the game still sits doing nothing.

This is all that really remains, until we gain contact with the people behind it...

http://hem.passagen....lekin/leroy.htm

http://www.atlantis-...ub=article&id=9

Here are some articles about it. If anyone cares to figure out what it all means, please explain. I'm very confused.

• Like 2

lol username

Links to the games themselves (obviously unfinished):

*snip*

The menus on the town one are really laggy, the text just crawls onto the screen. I tried playing it on some downloaded emulators, and while the lag was gone, I couldn't move Leroy... :|

EDIT: Actually, are we even allowed to link to that sort of stuff here? I'm not sure.

I removed the link to the main download page just in case, and put in the description instead.

It sounds like it originated as a prototype for LEGO (provided this info is legit), but because no-one was interested... it was dropped and the game no longer developed. The article makes it sound like someone got it a modified it further...

But the fact it was made by (originally) a cracker group, is extremely odd. I doubt LEGO would use crackers to make a game when there is perfectly legit developers around.

Best thing, ask LEGO and see if there was any planned games back then. They may not say anything, but you never know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.