Internet Multiplayer was Planned?

emily

Looking through rec.toys.lego, I found this discussion.

Lego has officially announced their toy block racing game, Lego Racers. For PlayStation and N64, it will be the company's first title for consoles.

All of the elements in the game will be based on, surprisingly, themes from the company's popular series of toys. There'll be twelve tracks for the kids to race around and Internet options for multiplaying.

LEGO Racers was evidently officially announced the day before the above message was posted, as I was able to find thanks to this. You can see the link to the article on this page (scroll down to the 9th), but unfortunately Wayback didn't archive the actual article.

Regardless, the possibility remains that that guy was reiterating information from the article, which would mean that High Voltage Software was planning online play, presumably for the PC version of the game.

• Like 6

ProfessorBrickkeeper

At one point, I was able to have a brief email exchange with Kerry Ganofsky, the CEO and Founder of HVS. The last time I emailed him was a few months ago and he never ended up replying to my last email. Now, seeing that it is a few months later, I suppose it may not hurt to try to contact him again and maybe ask him about this whenever I find the time to do so. In the meantime, somebody else should feel free to try to contact the developers and HVS as I doubt I will find much time to draft an email soon.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

lol nintendo 64dd

I'm wondering how this was all going to happen, exactly. I don't remember a whole lot of people who had high speed connections in 1999.

• 4 months later...

I loved Lego Racers 1 because I played it with my brother on a very s***ty computer with 2 keyboards.

We've played it every day for like 4 hours and it was tons of fun :D

Like other games developed in this years, they didn't implement it due the lack of available internet connections in households back them.

Shadowblaze

I loved Lego Racers 1 because I played it with my brother on a very s***ty computer with 2 keyboards.

We've played it every day for like 4 hours and it was tons of fun :D

Like other games developed in this years, they didn't implement it due the lack of available internet connections in households back them.

Please, don't bump old and dead topics. If you want to discuss about something create your own topics or go find new ones.

You know, someone here thinks that bumping old topics deserves capital punishment, so don't. :P

I just gave a reason why there is no multiplayer in the game.

If you have any problems with that, you can write a PM to me.

I think back-seat moderationg also not allowed in this forum, so thanks for the information.

I just gave a reason why there is no multiplayer in the game.

Yeah, but MrEightThreeOne already mentioned that. Also, post bumps are usually handled this way, not with a PM. 

I think back-seat moderationg also not allowed in this forum

Let me introduce you to my friend (acquaintance?) McJobless.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.