Alpha Team Demo

le717

lol username

By any chance, is there am Alpha Team Demo? I would like to extract the files. :)

Not that I've heard of. But hey, I hadn't heard of the LEGO Island 2 demo either.

@jamesster I guess you are referring to before you found out there is a li2 demo? Because if you don't remember you did a video of it... 0_0

Hopefully there is a demo, because I just read what Spary wrote about Fin/Nif files, and I would LOVE to look at those, even if they are from a demo.

lol username

Welp, I'm currently downloading what might possibly be an Alpha Team demo... From the download page, translated from Italian via Google Translate:

Disclaimer

The editors of Motorcycle repsonsabile is the possible damage caused by the use of files downloaded from this site. Motorcycle disclaims any responsibility for possible damage caused to persons and property. Motorcycle Recalls finally to all users and to avoid possible problems arising from massive download, all download managers currently known have been banned from the service .

Seems legit.

Welp, I'm currently downloading what might possibly be an Alpha Team demo... From the download page, translated from Italian via Google Translate:

And what is the URL? I'll take a look at it too. How big is the file and what format? What did you search to find it?

EDIT: I think I found it.

http://gamesurf.tisc...IPO_PAGINA/demo That the site?

EDIT 2: It's it. I'm sure. I'm downloading it right now, and I figured out the name. It's how the Japanese Stunt Rally demo was laid out. This is it, for sure.

lol username

http://gamesurf.tiscali.it/dynamic/download/CHIAVE/lego0700082611100/TIPO_PAGINA/demo That the site? Google says it's in Italain

From the download page, translated from Italian via Google Translate:

Yep, that's it.

The good news: Despite the somewhat strange disclaimer on the site, it is indeed a working demo.

The bad news: It's in Japanese, published by Eidos (like the Japanese Stunt Rally demo). >_>

http://gamesurf.tisc...IPO_PAGINA/demo That the site? Google says it's in Italain

From the download page, translated from Italian via Google Translate:

Yep, that's it.

The good news: Despite the somewhat strange disclaimer on the site, it is indeed a working demo.

The bad news: It's in Japanese, published by Eidos (like the Japanese Stunt Rally demo). >_>

That might be able to be fixed. I think I may know how as part of a big project I'm working on (which I hope I can announce soon.)

lol username

I wonder if there's an English version on one of those demo discs LEGO included with their games back in the late 90s/early 2000s? I've got a physical copy of one demo disc (which came with LEGO Island 2), and bartvbl sent me ISOs for two more demo discs sometime last year, but there's probably more of them out there.

I wonder if there's an English version on one of those demo discs LEGO included with their games back in the late 90s/early 2000s? I've got a physical copy of one demo disc (which came with LEGO Island 2), and bartvbl sent me ISOs for two more demo discs sometime last year, but there's probably more of them out there.

I have a list of Demo games on those discs Bartvbl has, and Alpha Team isn't on it. :( But he may be wrong... :P

lol username

I have a list of Demo games on those discs Bartvbl has, and Alpha Team isn't on it. :( But he may be wrong... :P

Um, re-read my post, I said bartvbl sent me ISOs for the two discs, I've explored every inch of them, if there had been a LEGO Alpha Team demo on them I would have just mentioned that from the start. :|

Uh, jamesster? Were you able to get the Demo to run? I installed it, and it loads, but it stops on a black screen and no sound, no video, nothing. I have to fram on Ctrl+Alt+Del to get back to the desktop. WinVista SP2, x86.

EDIT: I'm looking at the Registry strings it created, and while I'm sure it's not all of the, there is one string. Under HKLMSOFTWARELEGO MediaLEGO Alpha Team(DEMO)Version, there is a string with the text "LAT_1.00_EN_b25". EN usually means English. So why is the game in Japanese (or so I've heard)?

EDIT: I'm looking at the Registry strings it created, and while I'm sure it's not all of the, there is one string. Under HKLMSOFTWARELEGO MediaLEGO Alpha Team(DEMO)Version, there is a string with the text "LAT_1.00_EN_b25". EN usually means English. So why is the game in Japanese (or so I've heard)?

Probably uses all the same stuff from the English, with the audio and text being swapped to Jap at the last minute.

Huh, I dunno, it ran perfectly for m-

Vista

WELL THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM

LOL Mythbusters quote. :P

I kinda sorta like Vista. Win7 is much better, but I'm on Vista right now because I have to have an x86 OS for my project, and this is one of the only two X86 PCs in the house. The other is a XP desktop, but I can't really take that out at any time I wish.

Lemme guess, Win7? I was just about to go to a Win7 PC for something else.

O.T.

Don't you dare start a war with me about how XP is heaven, 7 is perfect, and Vista is trash. I will start on a rant, and since none of you have even heard me rant, you had better not even try to get me on one. You will be sorry if you do. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.