LEGO Media E3 2000 footage?

lol username

lol username

Looks like All Games Network (AGN) was at E3 2000 and got video footage of the stuff LEGO was showing off:

http://www.pseudo.com/player/index.php?pt=0&channelID=10&showID=14

Date: Jun 14, 2000

Episode: 432

Stunt Rally Gameplay Footage

Here is something that you couldn't have done with your Lego's when you were a kid. Create your own tracks in Lego's Stunt Rally. Racing Lego men and become the champion of Lego Land.

Episode: 431

Creator Knights Gameplay Footage

Create your own Lego kingdom in Lego's Creator Knights. Become the King of your own castle in medival times.

Episode: 430

Lego Action Team Gameplay Footage

Lego Action Team features a world of James-Bondish action Lego style.

Episode: 429

Lego Land Gameplay Footage

Lego Land is a simulation strategy game, like in the spirit of Maxis' Theme Park and Roller Coaster Tycoon from Hasbro. Create your own Lego Land...and don't worry about loose Lego Pieces.

Episode: 428

Lego Movie Maker(Speilberg) Footage

Back in my day (and that's not long ago), I don't remember kids being trained to be directors at the age of 5! Well, Lego's new Movie Maker allows today's kids become young Speilbergs'.

Episode: 427

Vision Command Gameplay Footage

One of the game designer of the Vision Command talks to us about well, how the Vision Command works.

Episode: 426

Lego Booth Babes

Have you ever seen a real, life-sized Lego man? Well, just in case you weren't at E3 we caught it on film. Maybe we should sell the footage for money? Don't you think? Wel, in any case check out the footage as Jim "Pimp" Downs finds out if life-sized Lego

Episode: 425

Lego Booth Tour

Displaying a huge array of creative and innovative electronical devices at E3, Lego is looking at the computer and recent technology for their future.

Problem is, I can't get any of the videos to play. All the LEGO-related ones give me a blank grey spot where the video should be. The non-LEGO ones do the same thing but put "You must have Real Player to access this video." text on top of that grey spot.

I'm not very familiar with how this sort of stuff works and I'd rather not go on a wild goose chase looking for old plugins or whatever. Would anybody here have an idea on how to play (or preferably download) these videos? Sounds like a potential goldmine for beta footage and other fun stuff.

Edit - Also, looks like they have E3 coverage for 1999 and 1998 as well, so there's possibly more LEGO game footage besides the ones mentioned above.

Also, here's a couple pics of the booth on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/05/14/e3-2000-photo-booth-tour-l-n

• Like 2

I'm trying to extract the videos (jamesster asked me), and so far, I've come to this conclusion:

Maybe it needs a really old browser.

A really old browser with really old plugin software to run really old (and broken!) code,

There's a ton of PHP and JS processing going on here, and I keep hitting an undefined JavaScript function (and looking further, faulty logic!). I'm also having dad find a really old copy of RealPlayer (he has it somewhere) to assist. I'm doing my best to work around it, but don't expect anything tonight unless a miracle happens.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I installed a Windows 98se virtual machine on my desktop.  Installed the appropriate browsers and plugins. Tried both IE5 and Firefox 1.0 with flashplayer 7.  Doesn't work.  

I keep getting the "object is expected" error.  Now, I'm incredibly out of date when it comes to pretty much any code, but I think that in javascript that can mean a file missing or incorrect path.

Its possible the video just isn't there anymore.

I think the next logical step is to try to contact the site admins, don't you? If they have the file backed up somewhere they could reupload it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.