Slyboots and Senor Palomar cut from LI2?

lol username

lol username

Ok, they appear in the GBC game (as do some other Adventurers characters like Gabarro and Rudo Villano). And the GBA game... Well, we'll get to that. But what about PC/PS1?

I got some of the original LI2 PC Maya models a while back, and while I can't actually open them due to not having Maya (lol), I looked at them in notepad++ and there's mentions of "SBOOTS" and "SENOR" along where similar things for other characters are listed:

connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_walk1f_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_cameraView5.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_conga2_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_conga2_walk1f_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SBOOTS_LOD_conga2_cameraView5.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_walk1f_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_cameraView5.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_conga2_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_conga2_walk1f_cameraView3.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;
connectAttr "SENOR_LOD_conga2_cameraView5.msg" ":perspShape.b" -na;

There's also this card in LI2 GBA which is rendered from a proper model of Slyboots as he would appear in the PC version (like the rest of the GBA cards):

large.571b3b0d2be8a_LI2slyboots.png.338e

I haven't ever collected all the cards in the GBA version - is there one for Senor Palomar too? To get this screenshot of Slyboots's card, I just used savestates to grind picking up the card near Pepper's house at the beginning of the game - which actually only took like three or four tries, actually. But I'd rather not keep doing that until I've seen *every* card (or at least Palomar's, if there even is one)...

Edit: lol screw it I'm grinding for cards via savestates anyway. I think this is the DJ...? The textures and hair are different though - he's got a classic sunglasses face, neato!

large.571b3f1e293c3_LI2GBADJIthinkmaybet

Edit 2: Unsurprisingly I'm only getting a small selection of cards. Ah well, I was hoping they'd made it truly random.

• Like 2

The Brickster

I have all 40 of the GBA cards, and I can confirm there is no Senor Palomar card. The Adventurers cards include only Johnny Thunder, Achu, Dr. Kilroy, Slyboots, a skeleton and Miss Pippin Reed.

• Like 2

Looks like Sam Sinis- *ahem*... Slyboots is missing his glasses.

It's funny that he gets a card in both handheld ports, yet he never appears in the stories xD

9 hours ago, Terrev said:

he's got a classic sunglasses face, neato!

large.571b3f1e293c3_LI2GBADJIthinkmaybet

I like that version better; he had a classic face in the PS1 version too. The texture is in the PC game files

large.DJFace.png.8a834c9b5c1cd255bab1ec5

(cropped from text056.tga in z38PAR\textures)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.