GBA Island Population

Mr. Ash

I was really curious about the number of people on LEGO Island in the GBA Port of LI2, so I ripped the sprites and grouped characters together. Rhoda Hogg, Technician Bob, the injured guy, and vehicle drivers were also counted.

UPPER SECTION (34):

large.59f90ad949fe2_CitizensNorth.png.5a

MIDDLE SECTION (50):

large.59f90ad6e6883_CitizensMiddle.png.c

LOWER SECTION (38):

large.59f90adc029b1_CitizensSotuh.png.2c

MISCELLANEOUS (10):

large.59f90ad8283f6_CitizensMisc.png.341

Boney Hawks/Gnarly Bones is also mentioned, but never seen ingame. With him included, the estimated total is 133. It interests me how IXS and this port of LI2 depicted LEGO Island more as a small town.

Edited by Aves
Fixed Image Links

Ohh the nostalgia. Delicious nostalgia, at least for me.

The GBA layout of Lego Island is still my favorite one. The 2D graphics of the system certainly benefitted it - sure, GTA III came out the same year so it'd be technically possible in 3D but the PC version of LI2 was nowhere near that level.

lol username

I spy a Bob Longtree-esque character and several of the minifigures based on developers. Also that early DJ (Ablebody) design again, of course (same as his trading card). Shame the fire station and firefighters were in any of the other games (aside from the random firetruck in the racetrack in LI1).

2 hours ago, Terrev said:

I spy a Bob Longtree-esque character and several of the minifigures based on developers. Also that early DJ (Ablebody) design again, of course (same as his trading card). Shame the fire station and firefighters were in any of the other games (aside from the random firetruck in the racetrack in LI1).

Longtree guy also has a house in a park-type area and was obsessed with the color green, IIRC.

I remember the game had some good jokes about how the firefighters never do anything because there are never any fires on the island. 

Oh yeah, isn't the miscellaneous bandage guy Lucky Larry? Like, he had a little cameo before his proper introduction in IXS.

• Like 1

lol username
8 hours ago, Pereki said:

Longtree guy also has a house in a park-type area and was obsessed with the color green, IIRC.

I remember the game had some good jokes about how the firefighters never do anything because there are never any fires on the island. 

Oh yeah, isn't the miscellaneous bandage guy Lucky Larry? Like, he had a little cameo before his proper introduction in IXS.

Hmm. I'm gonna have to re-play this, I think I missed some stuff on my first playthrough.

Those character card renders just reminded me of a strange texture I ripped from IXS years ago - I have no idea where it came from.

tex_2268.png

18 hours ago, Terrev said:

There's a grumpy guy who looks like Mr. Cunningham; he lives next to the multiplayer clubhouse across the street from Pepper's. I also noticed a girl who perfectly resembles this character, a guy who looks like Jimmy in IXS, and another girl who looks similar to a background character in the IXS movie.

6 hours ago, Pereki said:

This was bothering me so I dug up my old let's play to check. After a long (and fun) description of the patient's accident, Pepper refers to him as "Lucky." So there you go!

Cool! I actually didn't get that for a while. I originally thought that Pepper sarcastically called the patient "Lucky" because they couldn't go to Castle Island.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.