Pizza in the Adventurers Island volcano smoke

lol username

DlK0zbM.png

rEzPddm.png

Fba6v10.png

WGMmHdp.png

Osyn4Ir.png

I remembered getting screenshots of these as a kid on an old laptop, but that laptop is long gone. So I tried getting new screenshots, and as you can see I did - but for quite a while, they didn't show up. I reloaded and rebooted the game several times, and one time, they suddenly started appearing very frequently. The rest of the time, nothing. So I'm not really sure what's up with that... Are they an easter egg that only has a chance of appearing?

I also noticed that changing the resolution of the game messes up the size of the particles in the currently loaded area, making them too big or too small, depending on if you're increasing or deceasing the resolution. I doubt it's related to whether or not these show up but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Tried to figure out any patterns in when they show up - no luck. But I did notice that the pterodactyl can be seen flying around one of the volcanoes when you're not flying on it. (Used the debug mode objects list to verify there's only ever one pterodactyl in the level - when you're in a helicopter, it flies around on its own, and when you're flying on it, it's still the only one in the level.) It's hardly visible in this screenshot, but here:

WN0Q5xE.png

• Like 2

Hey, I'm glad you found this. I remembered these pizzas appearing when I was a kid too but haven't seen them any time I played the game in the last few years. Makes me feel like it has to be somehow related to older hardware if you've experienced the same thing. Have you tried seeing how framerate affects it? Just the most obvious thing I could think of regarding why it would have been more common in the past...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.