How To Add Custom Levels In-Game

PWNZOR

Ok so new problem... I need help with this. when it comes to the compiling point im having trouble

My folder name is MattsLevel

When i load Driller Night its the same level

I took a screen shot of my LEgoCFG and i would be so grateful if someone would Correct my errors

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/youngsayon123/?action=view&current=mattslevel.jpg (youll have to Zoom in to see clear)

Thanks so Much :D

• 2 weeks later...
TheSmartOne

I'm having trouble. I tried to add Lake Emire on top of Driller Night. Was I supposed to remove the lines for the NERPS stuff and the PTL? Or set the Reward to FALSE?

The only reason I say to delete those lines and add them back is to avoid such confusion on which lines to delete. You probably won't ever have the PTL file changed, so chances are you don't need to change that at all. The NERPS file line can be removed for no objective, but if you have a custom named one made by the map editor or such, then that's what this tutorial says to do, but also to add the new one in.

And Matt, you probably need to put the files in one of the Level01 folders or whatever, not MattsLevel, although theoretically, it shouldn't matter...did you put a new NERPS and PTL file in your MattsLevel folder?

You probably won't ever have the PTL file changed, so chances are you don't need to change that at all.

Really? I always mess with PTL files.

And SmartOne, you have to add references for that level in the level before it (the NextLevels and LevelLinks area). Did you do this?

You probably won't ever have the PTL file changed, so chances are you don't need to change that at all.

Really? I always mess with PTL files.

I mean in the sense that you would have the name changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm new here and my englisch isn't very well.

i chearched this problem by google ( o) ) and in this forum, but i can't find something like that.

So i chearch my luck here:

I've do all the things of the tut, but every time i start the level the game close. it don't come a failreport. D:|

thanks in advance

This is generally due to an error with the file naming or missing from the folder but has it referred to in the CFG. Can I see a screenshot of your level's files, and of your level in the CFG?

I believe the source is that your PathMap is not declared in the CFG. Try adding that line to the CFG and trying again.

now it start, but not my Level.

The first tut level start without showing the mainmenu at the beginning.

I don't have "-startlevel" in the target line.

PS: Where can i find the tut for tunnel transport?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

i need help.

so far, all i've done is crash RR. i tried to put it back but all i did was make "it's a holdup" not work any more. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

can anyone help? :?:

i need help.

so far, all i've done is crash RR. i tried to put it back but all i did was make "it's a holdup" not work any more. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

can anyone help? :?:

Alright, let's calm down and backup.

Can you please list me all the steps you took. I want to know everything from the time you installed LegoRR until when "It's a Hold Up" crashed. It will really help if I can figure out where you went wrong.

• 8 months later...

Ok I tried to change level 1 into a new level It shows me the briefing with the map I created behind it but once I finish the briefing the the toolstore doesn't teleport down It just crashes and The game exits and says that lego rock raiders crashed. I did the exact steps shown here exept I made a different map. Can anyone help?

Update. Never mind. I was able to put my custom map on its a hold up instead. Great tutorial though. Apart from my level on problem I was able to folow the steps with no problems at all

When you say Level 1, is that the tutorial or Driller Night?

Maybe a script was causing the bug because you didn't have any tutorial flags in the map.

• 3 months later...

Maybe I'll do a video tutorial of it, so you can better see what is meant. How about that?

And if yes, should I speak in there or not because when I speak in there, it would be German :B

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.