Back To Basics

Pokeman1280

this is one of the hardest, if not the hardest level in the unmoded game. if you have stories about this mission, or tips on it, here is the place to put it

CUTOFF TECHNIQUE

But rly, reinforce the hard rocks. Don't drill/asplode them. Same with the wall of dirt south of it. Build your support station into the hard rock and block access to it with other buildings. Use a tool store as one of said other buildings, since Rock Radiers can traverse it to get sandvich but slugs are afraid to go near it. When them slugs come, cut teh powah to everything except the support station. Since the slugs can't get, they can't has. Thus your O2 doesn't get raepified.

Win.

Never let more than 10 Crystals in. whenever it hits 10, teleport in a SMLC and park them all in a square. At the end when there's enough, teleport them all out and collect crystals.

Find the secret area with all the crystals and put your base near it so that the slugs can't get to it. Send a raider over to it on a tunnel scout and build a power path on the island. Put a tool store there and teleport all the other raiders and buildings out. Let the 1 raider win the game for you :D

• 1 month later...

Find the secret area with all the crystals and put your base near it so that the slugs can't get to it. Send a raider over to it on a tunnel scout and build a power path on the island. Put a tool store there and teleport all the other raiders and buildings out. Let the 1 raider win the game for you :D

This is the method I tried to use, but the AI messed up and the guy wouldn't pick up the crystals even if I told him to do it manually...

AI fails :P

Did you teleport all the buildings and other raiders out before you sent the one guy to the island?

Nope, but I disabled all priorities apart from collect energy crystals.

Though just to clarify, does anyone know how many crystals there are on the island?

Just with those ones alone?

EDIT: I tried teleporting everything out apart from one rock raider and the tunnel scout and then tried it but it still did the same thing, he won't pick anything up.

so? To avoid calling slugs, get enough material to only build the dock. Hide all the access energy crystals in STTs while you build the large teleport. Teleport trucks up as you need the crystals, and then get the cargo carrier. Train a guy as a driver, and make him go into a STT. Train a guy as a sailor, and make him mount the cargo carrier. After that, remove everything, except for the STT, 1 tool store (from your original base), and the cargo carrier. Set priorities to NO ore collection, and let the STT guy pick up all the crystals. Once the main base area is clean, teleport out the tool store, re-enable ore collection, and collect 3 (2 is minimum) pieces of ore and make the STT get eaten by the cargo carrier. Bring him to the island. Once there, drop the ore, and dismount the truck. Tell the guy to build a powerpath, and then mount the truck again. Teleport down a tool store, and let the STT guy finish the level.

• 7 months later...

You can also modify the Slug's properties in the game code - I can't remember the exact position it's in, but you can change a property that turns off their ability to drain power from buildings. It's an easy modification; just find the Slug's code, find the right property, and change the 'TRUE' to 'FALSE'. This worked great for me - the slugs go the buildings like normal, but nothing happens, and no crystals are drained.

if you dig the cavern to the left of the initial position (almost on the edge of the map) you will get to a place where you can teleport a base and avoid slugs that works for me every time i play this level ;)

When I play BTB, I just teleport down enough vehicles to keep my EC count below 10. Whenever it goes above 10, SS will just RAID your base and drain all your EC until you're at 10 again. It's not a bad thing, persay, because vehicles are definitely useful on this level. Then, when I'm ready to end the level, I put all my vehicles right next to the PS (except one or two upgraded STT) and teleport them all up just to rush my EC to the PS and win. Whippy!

Never let more than 10 Crystals in. whenever it hits 10, teleport in a SMLC and park them all in a square. At the end when there's enough, teleport them all out and collect crystals.

When I play BTB, I just teleport down enough vehicles to keep my EC count below 10. Whenever it goes above 10, SS will just RAID your base and drain all your EC until you're at 10 again. It's not a bad thing, persay, because vehicles are definitely useful on this level. Then, when I'm ready to end the level, I put all my vehicles right next to the PS (except one or two upgraded STT) and teleport them all up just to rush my EC to the PS and win. Whippy!

You're welcome, I'm glad I could give you that idea.

;P

You're welcome, I'm glad I could give you that idea.

;P

Actually, back in the first years I had LRR, I figured out the script from play n' go. Just trying different things. After 2 times through the level, it became VERY obvious that 10 EC released the hoards of slugs and they seriously DO NOT leave unless health is below half or EC are reduced to 10. I upgraded tons of STT and just got my EC as fast as I could. Worked pretty well but I haven't played BTB is forever so... Don't know about now. :) I trust Lair has made sure it works before posting it though. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.