I May Have A Surprise For You...

rrcoder

If you don't mind, I'm going to *ahem* borrow some level names and ideas from that document.

and then karl kills people me

Anyways, glad to see you back.

So it looks like we're not going to see the source. Blar. Oh well.

Never say never.

I've never seen a Double Decker Bus in the flesh before...did I break all your logic?

GetVehiclesSold

Ore and Crystals already to teleport Vehicles...AND WE WERE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM WITH MONEY AS WELL? [/badjoke]

Good list. Thanks for sharing.

Never say never.

All we have to do is wait until LEGO dies then wait another 95-120 years or so for the copyright to expire. Looks like Cyrem Jnr. will carry on my legacy and complete the book *sniff* :'(

EVERYONE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

Addictgamer

Oh cool, liking the nerps doc. I think I've learned some things to help me out with my overhaul...Thanks!

Edit:

That question doesn't even make sense. LRR was made entirely by DDI for LEGO. The code it was based on is the same code ORR-C is based on, language C.

ORR-C also uses SDL (and consequentiality, opengl) and posix/pthreads.

The GODS Engine/LRR probably also used Directx or some other library like that.

Hey, just saying.

Never say never.

All we have to do is wait until LEGO dies then wait another 95-120 years or so for the copyright to expire. Looks like Cyrem Jnr. will carry on my legacy and complete the book *sniff* :'(

Oh poor Cyrem junior. Everybody leave him all their responsibilities. :'(

Aki Dazrold

I note that there was water erosion at one point in development, and this prompts me to ask what may seem like an odd question.

Was there a level in the game where there was an island in the middle of a lake that was getting flooded where a tool store stood with a few raiders attending, while a much larger base somewhere north of there that had been developed heavily was somehow immune to said flooding?

//----------------------------

Objective :-

Level ends after 5 minutes

Solution :-

TRUE ? SetTimer0 300

GetTimer0 > 0 ? :Skip

TRUE ? SetLevelComplete

Skip:

//----------------------------------

Thanks for adding that some 10+ years ago! Now I can quietly code my ac130 mission in peace...or not...

Never say never.

But first Cyrem needs to find a gal :af:

Never say never.

But first Cyrem needs to find a gal :af:

<Prediction<Cyrem: I already have.>>

The Soleutator

Wasn't it said, that Lego guards its property with its life? What if Lego dies (metaphorically speaking)? What needs to be done, is a worldwide boycott of Lego goods. Lay siege on the company until it metaphorically starves, and is forced to go out of business. Of course, we'd need to come up with some sort of propaganda message we can blast to the people to persuade them to join the cause. It would have to be something convincing, like a new discovery made that reveals that creativity and imagination actually hinder the development of the young, and prevent the older folks from moving on in life. When Lego moves to try to change its toys to be less creative, we could start to accuse them of internal corruption, having turned its back on its original foundation of creative toys. After enough flak, people will start to believe it, and boycott and sue Lego blind, until it declares bankruptcy and ceases to exist.

Then again, that's an awful lot of trouble to go through for a bit of source code.

I'll probably have the feds banging on my door tomorrow after what I just said...

Wasn't it said, that Lego guards its property with its life? What if Lego dies (metaphorically speaking)? What needs to be done, is a worldwide boycott of Lego goods. Lay siege on the company until it metaphorically starves, and is forced to go out of business. Of course, we'd need to come up with some sort of propaganda message we can blast to the people to persuade them to join the cause. It would have to be something convincing, like a new discovery made that reveals that creativity and imagination actually hinder the development of the young, and prevent the older folks from moving on in life. When Lego moves to try to change its toys to be less creative, we could start to accuse them of internal corruption, having turned its back on its original foundation of creative toys. After enough flak, people will start to believe it, and boycott and sue Lego blind, until it declares bankruptcy and ceases to exist.

Then again, that's an awful lot of trouble to go through for a bit of source code.

I'll probably have the feds banging on my door tomorrow after what I just said...

I LOLed.

Well lego won't find out if we just upload a snippet of their code :D

Not that anyone can get money off it, and lego definitely still doesn't make money off it. We should contact the lego CEO, and ask if the beta of a game that is 12 years old would be fine to share.

Sometimes I wonder what Karl thinks when he sees discussions on RRU like this...

Just sounds like another day at the office to me. You wouldn't believe some of the conversations, both bizarre and banal, that occur most days.

We should contact the lego CEO, and ask if the beta of a game that is 12 years old would be fine to share.

Has the ownership of LEGO passed hands in that 12 years?

I mean has there been a new CEO at any point?

Perhaps that guy would be nicer to give us some stuff about a game they don't make money off of anymore.

I may be late, but if I may shed my own "insight" on the topic of the boss-levels.

From what I recall when I first played though those levels, they were a good bit larger and, in theory , more difficult to do, when compared to the rest of the levels.

Now, having played them multiple times, there's not much difference between them and the other levels, plus some of the other larger ones probably weren't in the "very early design document"

I'm probably miles away, but it made sense from my perspective.

The Soleutator

I may be late, but if I may shed my own "insight" on the topic of the boss-levels.

From what I recall when I first played though those levels, they were a good bit larger and, in theory , more difficult to do, when compared to the rest of the levels.

I agree. And they are "required" levels that must be completed to move on, IIRC. However, Lava Laughter is a bit of a laugh, if you do it right.

Aki Dazrold

I note that there was water erosion at one point in development, and this prompts me to ask what may seem like an odd question.

Was there a level in the game where there was an island in the middle of a lake that was getting flooded where a tool store stood with a few raiders attending, while a much larger base somewhere north of there that had been developed heavily was somehow immune to said flooding?

I don't mean to be a nag, but I have a reason for asking this.

lol username

Sometimes I wonder what Karl thinks when he sees discussions on RRU like this...

Just sounds like another day at the office to me. You wouldn't believe some of the conversations, both bizarre and banal, that occur most days.

Oh lol... xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.