Lego Rock Raiders Ps1 Trailer

Lair

From the Official Playstation Magazine Demo Disk 26.

Notice that many of the clips are changed, like Docs having a helmet, Blus crystal... LEGOLAND Clip lol.

Addictgamer

It's too cool...Like the music...Cool in-game footage...

Uuh, the legoland cutscene, makes me think you made this...Sorry, I'm paranoid like that.

Anyway, they must have released this trailer after legoland came out. Otherwise the design put into this is very in-depth.

It's too cool...Like the music...Cool in-game footage...

Uuh, the legoland cutscene, makes me think you made this...Sorry, I'm paranoid like that.

Anyway, they must have released this trailer after legoland came out. Otherwise the design put into this is very in-depth.

If you read the description, you'd see the trailer was from November 1999. And I'm not sure where you got that from; Legoland came out in 2000

Addictgamer

Otherwise the design put into this is very in-depth.

Which I refuse to believe looking at how much of a storyline RR lacks.

lol username

This is legit, somebody else uploaded it before Lair but closed his account.

I wonder if Karl knows anything about how LEGOLAND was tied into other games like LEGO Chess, LEGO Rock Raiders, etc...

Addictgamer

This is legit, somebody else uploaded it before Lair but closed his account.

I know it's legit, the legoland cutscene just throws me off due to the fact that LRR's designers didn't give a bucket about the story more than, "Oh, shipwrecked on planet. Beat random missions. Yay game won."

Don't make me get started with you too, Lair was enough.

I wonder if Karl knows anything about how LEGOLAND (why all caps?) was tied into other games like LEGO Chess, LEGO Rock Raiders, etc...

Well, Stunt Rally shows the RRs live in modern times, while LegoLand shows it to be in the future. Yeah...

lol username

Or DDI was commissioned by LEGO to do all of the CGI movies for that time and did the LEGOLAND cutscenes at the same time.

Or DDI was commissioned by LEGO to do all of the CGI movies for that time and did the LEGOLAND (lol still all caps) cutscenes at the same time.

Well, they're both in the same style. And don't forget, Karl said something about Lego Island 2 cutscenes.

Leumeister

Hey! I uploaded this first remember?

not that I'm mad or anything but...

Cyrem can you find the topic "Guess what I found on Youtube" please?

Hey! I uploaded this first remember?

not that I'm mad or anything but...

Cyrem can you find the topic "Guess what I found on Youtube" please?

I deleted it as the video was dead and I couldn't find another source.

• 1 month later...

Or DDI was commissioned by LEGO to do all of the CGI movies for that time and did the LEGOLAND cutscenes at the same time.

Confirmed. We were pretty much LEGO's exclusive "animation department" for a time. We created the animation for the Rock Raiders simulator ride at Legoland, so it is likely that clips from the ride were dropped into other videos. We also did many other LEGO videos, e.g. for Chess, LEGO Harry Potter, etc. (As well as for a 10 minute long 'Jack Stone' video that came with the Jack Stone set that I'd love to find... I worked as an animator on that one, and I've not seen it in years).

Where did Karl go anyways?

Did DDI take him hostage or something?

Hehe, nah... just been crazy busy for the past few months. I may disappear for weeks at a time, but I do check in occasionally to see what is going on. I noticed a few questions were beginning to build up, so I thought I'd come and answer them altogether.

We created the animation for the Rock Raiders simulator ride at Legoland

wat. ._.

Wait, so in the Legoland ride there were blue crystals? :P

Oh, so the ingame movies were re-rendered a couple times, then, eh?

Did the roll-cage color change from gray to brown come so late that there wasn't time to render them one last time, or was it deemed too minor to merit changing the movies?

We created the animation for the Rock Raiders simulator ride at Legoland

wat. ._.

Wait, so in the Legoland ride there were blue crystals? :P

Not sure about the simulator ride. I only remember seeing the green, but it has been a loooong time since I saw that video. I remember it being pretty awesome though!!

Oh, so the ingame movies <i>were</i>re-rendered a couple times, then, eh?

Did the roll-cage color change from gray to brown come so late that there wasn't time to render them one last time, or was it deemed to minor to merit changing the movies?

There were many re-renders. We actually had every computer in the building set up as one giant renderfarm at one point. We had about 6 dedicated render servers, and then when we were each finished for the day, we would each connect our PC to the renderfarm and it would begin churning out frames for whichever movie we were rendering at the time. There was a *lot* of rendering.

It wouldn't surprise me if many things changed colour between re-renders. LEGO would often come back to us and tell us things like "the grass is too green" or "the rocks are too grey". All colours in the LEGO world must fit in with their own 'colour bible'.

It wouldn't surprise me if many things changed colour between re-renders. LEGO would often come back to us and tell us things like "the grass is too green" or "the rocks are too grey". All colours in the LEGO world must fit in with their own 'colour bible'.

If I was in your position, on one April Fools Day I would have just swapped all the colours around just to see what kind of responce you'd get...might give one of the colour artists a heart attack or something...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.