Extended Rr Intro?

Oboe Shoes

Lair and I were crawling over the web archives and we actually found the site. Unfortunately we can't access it because it needs flash player 7 or older. Tomorrow I have the day off and I might work on it if my brother doesn't pull me into terraria xD

• 2 weeks later...

Even better.

We talk to the developer who joined this site....if he even logs on anymore.

He hasn't appeared since March 16 D:

I have been pretty busy lately, so I haven't posted anything for some time. I do still stop by and check on things occasionally, however I haven't been signed in for quite some time so that would explain the March 16th date :)

I thought I should probably sign in today to catch up on a few peoples questions :D

Even better.

We talk to the developer who joined this site....if he even logs on anymore.

He hasn't appeared since March 16 D:

I have been pretty busy lately, so I haven't posted anything for some time. I do still stop by and check on things occasionally, however I haven't been signed in for quite some time so that would explain the March 16th date :)

I thought I should probably sign in today to catch up on a few peoples questions :D

Ok then...so uh, what about this extended RR intro?

I remember, years upon years ago, for a brief time LEGO had a different version of the Rock Raiders intro on their official site.

The music was different, and it had a few extra scenes that didn't make it into the retail version (The energy crystals powering the LMS Explorer being drained, Sparks trying more buttons to fix the gravity, and an extended scene with Docs and Jet in the elevator, getting the hover scout and hammer, with Jet almost running Docs over with it.)

I've looked, and i've never been able to find it again. Has anyone else seen this?

There were actually quite a few revisions of the video and promo screenshots, each requiring approval by LEGO. Some were used prior to final editing (hence the few snippets of previously unseen video). Same goes with some of the images used in magazine adverts. LEGO required images from us before the game design was finalized, so earlier ideas (such as different coloured crystals) made it into some of the print ads. :D

So are these videos still around somewhere?

No clue, I'm afraid. Although incredibly unlikely, if I ever happen upon anything unseen I'll be sure to upload :)

I remember, years upon years ago, for a brief time LEGO had a different version of the Rock Raiders intro on their official site.

The music was different, and it had a few extra scenes that didn't make it into the retail version (The energy crystals powering the LMS Explorer being drained, Sparks trying more buttons to fix the gravity, and an extended scene with Docs and Jet in the elevator, getting the hover scout and hammer, with Jet almost running Docs over with it.)

I've looked, and i've never been able to find it again. Has anyone else seen this?

There were actually quite a few revisions of the video and promo screenshots, each requiring approval by LEGO. Some were used prior to final editing (hence the few snippets of previously unseen video). Same goes with some of the images used in magazine adverts. LEGO required images from us before the game design was finalized, so earlier ideas (such as different coloured crystals) made it into some of the print ads. :D

I have a LEGO magazine with a picture of this scene in it. I'll upload the extract when I get some time for people to see.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have it

The video came on a :EGO Software disc behind the game disc of LEGO Island 1

May I present the extended video

FROSTING MECHAUGS Make a new topic for this NOW

EDIT: IS it supposed to be just background sounds?

Addictgamer

Thanks for sharing that!

Some parts are so much better made in the final video. I see work was put in.

However, some of these parts should have been kept.

Lol, the raiders had energy crystals prior to Planet U.

I'm really glad I got to see this, they did put a lot of time into it, and at point it felt like I was watching something from LEGO Star Wars or another newer game.

But it just feel like theres something missing, this is too quite, the game version have grunts and stuff when they spoke, and speaking of LEGO Star Wars, all the newer games have also had grunts and stuff, so you know what we must do, we need to find a way to add more sound effects from the game version into this extended version, and then after that find a way to replace the version in the game with this version.

Because this could quite possible be the greatest thing we have ever found.

I think Cyrem should make a new award for yBrik because he found this.

This is amazing. 6 minutes long? No wonder we see a different one; LEGO must have deemed it too long and thus would have not kept childrens minds long enough. Also, I like it without the music, as it show how much effort *cough* the sound guys went to...

This is really cool. I also noticed that some of the sounds in the extended intro are unused sounds found in LRR's files.

Excellent! I had a feeling if it was ever going to be found it'd be on one of those old LEGO media demo discs.

This is definately the version I saw way back when, I remember that there weren't any voices yet now, but i thought I remembered there being a little music, but I'm not sure. (It's possible I'm just mistaken, or maybe LEGO added their own music on top of it for show.)

Either way, thanks a million for sharing it with us. :D

lol username

Ladies and gentlemen, I have it

The video came on a :EGO Software disc behind the game disc of LEGO Island 1

May I present the extended video

Now that is awesome. Could you possibly upload an ISO of the entire disc? I'm trying to get as many of those as I can, I've got one from my own copy of LI2, two other ones from bartvbl, but not this one. Actually, could you upload a picture of the disc so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks for sharing that!

Some parts are so much better made in the final video. I see work was put in.

However, some of these parts should have been kept.

Lol, the raiders had energy crystals prior to Planet U.

Not too surprising, there's ECs on Earth, Ogel Island, and Mars as well.

• 5 months later...

can you change this into the intro of RR?

Yes. You can also change the LEGO copyright movie (and you will have to if you plan on releasing a massive overhaul like Time Raiders, I assume), the DDI image, the intro movie and then I think you can also add another picture and movie to the launch line-up.

how do you add it?

Add what?DISREGARD THIS

Once you download the video from Youtube (use SaveYoutube or something like it), you're gonna have to save the video as either an AVI or a WMV file. If you don't have a good video editor, Windows Movie Maker might be your only option unless you find a file converter. Then you can replace the intro video by putting it in your AVI folder and either naming it intro.avi or naming it whatever you want and changing the RRavi line in the CFG.

I expect you to read this closely and don't ask a billion questions like "where do i find saveyoutube?" or "how do i open the CFG?". This is the internet. Use Google and use the search bar on this forum. Making lots of little "i don't know what to do" posts will just make you look bad because, as a human being, you're expected to have some sort of autonomy.

Edited by Cirevam
Don't waste posts saying stuff like "Add what?" It's pretty obvious what he wanted to do given your previous post.

how do you add it?

Add what?

the extended intro

*sigh* Please try to pay attention and get this right the first time, because this is a very simple process and I would rather not have to go through it all.

Simply have the extended intro on your computer. Convert it to either .wmv or .avi format (for .avi, make sure it's in a codec which Windows Media Player can read), and then save it in your "Lego Rock RaidersDataAVI" folder. Name it "intro". It should work.

This is amazing. 6 minutes long? No wonder we see a different one; LEGO must have deemed it too long and thus would have not kept childrens minds long enough. Also, I like it without the music, as it show how much effort *cough* the sound guys went to...

Yeah, because a 11 second commercial is beyond the American attention span by a good 10 seconds.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
Drill Master

I had no idea there was an extended intro until I found this topic. I have to say the extended is much more descriptive of what was going on. I am just in awe right now. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.