Resolution Modability

Baz

I can't help but feel I made a topic asking this in the distant past, and search isn't turning up anything so I thought I'd ask, has anyone looked into getting higher resolutions available, perhaps in mod form (higher than 1024x768)? Unfortunately I'm not sure if this is really feasible since so much is based off of x,y positioning, even if you could get it to a higher resolution you'd end up with a small screen the size of its default resolution.

Looking through the config there are a number of parameters that are resolution specific, "NextButton640x480" for example. I'm assuming these can be at least changed to other resolutions (as in Cyrem's topic) so that it appears "NextButton1024x768." I'm also assuming this can be done for 800x600. I'm wondering if it's possible to have all three of these present at once or whether that confuses it. What about the rest of the HUD that isn't explicitly resolution specific? Can it be resized?

Addictgamer

Technically it's possible, but everybody who's tried it has run into the same problem; The oxygen bar/message panel has fixed positioning!

I'd pull up the topic on the old forum for you, but the old forum no longer exists apparently..

I'm wondering if it's possible to have all three of these present at once or whether that confuses it.

If all three are there you can run it in either of the two debug sizes as well as 640x480.

And addict stated, the oxygenbar gets in the way.

Quick question, Cyrem: What about the sidebar? The one with all the icons to click on. Is there code for that/what is it? I haven't found it so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.