Fire And Water Tips

Serwyn

1. Build your base up to a Support Station, while fortifying against the lava. This should be vanilla for most people.

2. During a free moment, look on the radar to find an isolated spot with lots of drillable walls. This will be your new base location.

3. Once you have a Support Station going with a few Energy Crystals, build a Docks and teleport down 2 Rapid Riders. Get 2 Rock Raiders who are carrying Ore to bring their Ores in the Rapid Riders (Hint: Set Use Vehicle as your top priority.)

4. Have the Rapid Riders go to the island and set a Power Path up. Your Rock Raiders should use the Ore they are holding to construct the Power Path.

5. Teleport down a Tool Store and teleport some Rock Raiders to the new island to help building a second base on the island.

6. Alternate between building your new base and maintaining your old one, scavenging any leftover materials on the landmass.

[6.5] You can occupy your island Rock Raiders with tasks of their own if you feel so inclined.

7. Once all materials on your old base landmass are gone

and/or

Once you have constructed a second Support Station, teleport up any vehicles (if you teleported any) and the buildings on your old base except for the Tool Store. Let your Rock Raiders stationed there fetch the Energy Crystals and Ore from the Buildings that you teleported up.

8. Once there is only the Tool Store and your Rock Raiders left on the lava landmass, teleport them up and leave the barren solid landstrip for the lava.

9. Now the island is your main base. Teleport down any vehicles if you want to (I recommend a Small Digger and 3 or so Small Transport Trucks).

10. Keep digging and collecting until you reach 45 crystals.

I hope this helps you people who are having trouble clearing this mission.

LockmanCapulet

Nice. One other thing I noticed is that the lava never borders the water, but it leaves a single block width of land between the lava and water. If all your buildings are on that strip, you are safe from the lava. Hardly works for the whole level, but it buys you some time to follow the instructions given here.

The Brigadier

Nice. One other thing I noticed is that the lava never borders the water, but it leaves a single block width of land between the lava and water. If all your buildings are on that strip, you are safe from the lava. Hardly works for the whole level, but it buys you some time to follow the instructions given here.

If the lava gets to that point, there's something wrong with your strategy. :lol:

• 8 months later...

My method is similar, but involves strip mining the first area first, and just getting the Power Path on the other side set up. Then, with a bunch of trucks, I teleport buildings out of there, and then all vehicles and miners.

Then I set things up on the other side and strip mine.

I've found that the AI doesn't do as well then there are multiple, disconnected Tool Stores, so I strip mine areas seperately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.