News: LEGO City: Undercover Prequel And Release Dates

lol username

Today, LEGO City: Undercover got two things: A release date, and a prequel. LEGO City: Undercover will be released for Wii U on March 18, and LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins will be released for 3DS on April 21. We've known for a while that a 3DS version LEGO City: Undercover is in the works, and at E3 it was confirmed that it will have a different story from the Wii U title, but it wasn't known until today just how different the two stories will be. Well, apparently they're so different that the 3DS version is now considered an entirely separate game. The story of the Wii U game revolves around Chase McCain being brought back to LEGO City in order to capture the escaped criminal Rex Fury a second time, so it's fairly safe to assume that The Chase Begins will detail McCain's rookie days and first capture of Rex Fury.

Sources: Nintendo World Report

I would like to hope that the quality of LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins has improved from LEGO Lord of the Rings 3DS, but frankly, I'm not feeling optimistic in that regard. I also cannot see myself getting a Wii U anytime soon, so... I'll probably pass on both games now, and start digging through bargain bins in search of them in about five years or so.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.