Lil' Tiny Space Ship

Minifig9292

Looks good :) Pity about that white plate on the back...

It looks really spaceship-like and frankly, I can't find anything else to critique about this!

So I'll complement it.

The cockpit is really well designed for the small space it has, and the places the minifig can put his arms are really good (I often have that problem and can never place the brick I need somewhere). The boosters on the back are well-placed and make me go :D. Those guns are are new technique to me and they are great.

It's probably my favorite moc.

*kaffs* I can see why. It's awesome. Truly awesome! The way you rounded that corner there

• Like 1

That's a great model you've built, Katatonic, the colours and shape are excellent! Nice interior and thrusters, too.

Pity about that white plate on the back...

Really? I dunno, I think it looks good. Adds a break from the dulled tones. Then again it may well look better in a matching colour.

• Like 1

Minifig9292

Looks good :) Pity about that white plate on the back...

It looks really spaceship-like and frankly, I can't find anything else to critique about this!

So I'll complement it.

The cockpit is really well designed for the small space it has, and the places the minifig can put his arms are really good (I often have that problem and can never place the brick I need somewhere). The boosters on the back are well-placed and make me go :D. Those guns are are new technique to me and they are great.

Thank you!

The "white plate" actually is a light grey piece from an old old xwing set.

I always found that those 1x2 L shaped bits are fantastic for making a cockpit/small place for a minifig to sit in.

The booster bits actually used to be those small orange flame pieces. They kept falling out and didn't stay properly so I used clear studs which I think work far better.

I wanted a futuristic plasma energy weapon type feel to the cannons on the ship and I wanted the wings to have a bit more a defining shape to them. I killed two birds with one stone and came up with them claw shaped guns. Glad you like em.

That's a great model you've built, Katatonic, the colours and shape are excellent! Nice interior and thrusters, too.

Pity about that white plate on the back...

Really? I dunno, I think it looks good. Adds a break from the dulled tones. Then again it may well look better in a matching colour.

Appreciate it! You would not believe how few green bits I had, it forced me to make this s*** small. I think that was for the better. ALso the whole thing was built around using those S decal bricks. I always wanted to use them in SOMETHING.

Also I'm not happy with the light grey xwing plate myself. If I ever find that piece dark grey I'll replace it.

The booster bits actually used to be those small orange flame pieces. They kept falling out and didn't stay properly so I used clear studs which I think work far better.

Yes, they would. And I think that the clear light blue studs work better than orange for that spesship look. :P

those S decal bricks

I have a couple of those hiding around, and I want to know; where did they actually come from? And I must say, they add a nice touch.

Minifig9292

I have a couple of those hiding around, and I want to know; where did they actually come from? And I must say, they add a nice touch.

7171_brickset.jpg

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,what, wait, WHAT? WHAT?

That... That is a set? WHAT?

I have Anakin's podracer... And it seemed that each pod came from a different set. THIS IS A THING?

MY LIFE IS A LIE.

I have Anakin's podracer... And it seemed that each pod came from a different set. THIS IS A THING?

MY LIFE IS A LIE.

Helpful hint: The Star Wars characters had yellow faces back in, oh, 2001? 2003?

And this set was released in 2000-2001.

The System logo is also a big clue. A biiig clue.

It's an old set.

AND I WANT IT :P

(Note to others as to why I have some of these bricks but not the set - We bought a bulk collection some time ago)

Quisoves Potoo

MY LIFE IS A LIE.

Actually, it's not that simple. While the set that Katatonic717  mentioned was indeed produced and sold in 1999, so was 7131 Anakin's Podracer. As far as I can tell, 7131 is simply a section of 7171, to be exact, Anakin, his pod, Padme, the pitdroid, and the banner. Presumably 7131 existed as a way of enticing those who wanted to own Anakin's iconic vehicle but lacked the necessary funds to acquire 7171. I believe LEGO did something similar with the Speed Racer line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.