LEGO VG Songs in NES Style

lu9

Before you all ask if this is some GXSCCrap, this is real NES accurate, I used the NES VSTi combined with some MIDIs of my own creation, and all of them were limited to the NES standards + Konami VRC6 Extension.

Here are them:

LEGO Stunt Rally - Main Menu

LEGO Stunt Rally - Desert

LEGO Stunt Rally - Artic

LEGO Stunt Rally - Final Race

LEGO Racers - Rocket Racer Run

LEGO Island 2 - Whack-a-Snake

Hope you like ^-^

Shadowblaze

Sounds pretty good, but the volume decay in some sounds is a bit too fast. Also, can you increase the volume release in the sustained synths?

My favourites are Whack-a-Snake and Rocket Racer Run, you recreated them very well. You slighly messed up the harmony in Final Race, at the start. The only serious flaw is that the Main Menu music contains NON-8-BIT SYNTHS. HOW DARE YOU. :P

Awesome tracks lu9! These were great to listen to. :D I think they're a little slow in comparison to the originals, but maybe that's just the style. Other than that, they sound perfect. Do you plan on making any more? I would love to hear the LEGO Island (1) theme in NES Style, certainly. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Whoops, I don't mean the main theme. There's some other legendary one I can't recall the name of.

The only serious flaw is that the Main Menu music contains NON-8-BIT SYNTHS. HOW DARE YOU. :P

they're DPCM

EDIT: Oh crap... it looks like I failed a little in the Artic theme...

The Sawtooth had polyphony...

Shadowblaze

The Sawtooth had polyphony...

You mean you used an instrument more than needed, or did you make the saw synth play more notes at once and that wasn't good?

they're DPCM

I don't understand what you mean with that. A timpani still isn't an 8-bit sound.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.